If we keep Tyrod...

BeastMode54

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Kelly is the only Chad Kelly type. He's the only pot smoking white rapper QB I know of in the draft. I think you meant to say Mahomes, someone who is good but will be available in the later rounds

Edited by kdiggz

do we still draft a 1st round qb like Watson? or do we wait for a Chad Kelly type later? or none at all? Just was wondering all of your thoughts

Definitely not in the first round, IMO. But I would support a QB pick in the later rounds...or none at all. I would be content going into next season with Tyrod, Cardale, and an UDFA.

Fire Chan, Ryan L Blitz and Gugny will be fit for straight jackets. :nana:

In all seriousness, I expect he will be back. The value has to meet the draft slot to make that decision and we still have a lot of work to do. After, the combine and workouts we will know whether any of these guys are worth the number 10 pick. I am all for taking a QB if it makes sense.

Edited by horned dogs

Fire Chan, Ryan L Blitz and Gugny will be fit for straight jackets. :nana:

In all seriousness, I expect he will be back. The value has to meet the draft slot to make that decision and we still have a lot of work to do. After, the combine and workouts we will know whether any of these guys are worth the number 10 pick. I am all for taking a QB if it makes sense.

Nope I'll just laugh at you and say I told you so as we rank 28th in passing in 17.

Gugny is out of the club. He stated he will support Taylor in 17.

People forget about Cardale Jones. He's your developmental QB with big upside. This is why I hate this notion of drafting QBs every year. We treat them like toys from last Christmas. Want them so bad, then want a new toy next year.

Agreed. I would prefer a serviceable veteran backup

I rewatched the Seattle game last night with that same thought in mind: this was one of his best games, a playoff style test, how did he do in terms of pure qb play?

My observation was (aside from how overrated Gilmore is and how Woods smoked Sherman consistently) that TT really does have vision and decisiveness issues as a passer.

I think some of it relates to the fact that he has a higher percentage than most to get the first down when he tucks and scrambles so he's more inclined to do so. But he was late on a fair amount of throws and others he wasn't seeing at all.

I still think we keep the guy under a restructured deal and Cardale competes against him in camp. I think Dak will have started a trend of mid round qb picks and I see us going qb 4th or 5th round.

I think if you keep Tyrod you draft a guy you believe in. Dont draft a guy just cuz your cupboards empty. You draft a prospect you really believe can be the guy and not just a flash in the pan "QB flavor of the week." Franchise QBs only come around so often and they have a certain skill that others dont have. Sometimes you have to trial by fire someone to see if they got the "it" factor ala Brett Favre.

Regarding available qbs in this draft, it reminds me of the 2013 draft. The conventional wisdom was that no qb was worth a 1st round pick. But then EJ Manual looked great in the Senior Bowl and was drafted by our beloved Bills in the 1st round.

Many "experts" are saying none of these qbs are 1st round talents, but some teams will reach because of a need at qb.

Let's not repeat history. Keep TT, draft the best player available with our 1st pick, and find our qb in the 2018 draft class.

The incoming coaching staff will evaluate the QBs and help Whaley decide hopefully. Whaley probably has a hard on for TT since he's a wrecks guy but if the coaches think he gives them the best short term option to win I believe he will return.

OR...Maybe McD was given a wink nod agreement (along with a little cash, 5 yr deal) and some assurance at they will give him some time but they want to tear it down some, teach and coach the players they think are salvagable, draft some new blood and build from there?

McD isn't afraid of the grind and by many accounts is a great teacher of the game, together he and Whaley should weed out the bad seeds and get some guys in here that fit the winners mold.

If TT stays it's the same approach. Draft a QB somewhere, let em all compete. Best QB starts, purge the dead weight and get guys in here that know how to put their hardhats on and go to work. Win.

Regarding available qbs in this draft, it reminds me of the 2013 draft. The conventional wisdom was that no qb was worth a 1st round pick. But then EJ Manual looked great in the Senior Bowl and was drafted by our beloved Bills in the 1st round.

Many "experts" are saying none of these qbs are 1st round talents, but some teams will reach because of a need at qb.

Let's not repeat history. Keep TT, draft the best player available with our 1st pick, and find our qb in the 2018 draft class.

stats bare out that if you don't draft a qb high 1-3 in round one the chances of success drop dramatically so there is no guarantees that they will get a good qb at 10 anyways. I agree take bpa between s, wr or t but i'd still grab a qb in the later rounds this year just becauseqb

2018 draft is shaping up nicely at QB, seems like i've heard that before?

The incoming coaching staff will evaluate the QBs and help Whaley decide hopefully. Whaley probably has a hard on for TT since he's a wrecks guy but if the coaches think he gives them the best short term option to win I believe he will return.

OR...Maybe McD was given a wink nod agreement (along with a little cash, 5 yr deal) and some assurance at they will give him some time but they want to tear it down some, teach and coach the players they think are salvagable, draft some new blood and build from there?

McD isn't afraid of the grind and by many accounts is a great teacher of the game, together he and Whaley should weed out the bad seeds and get some guys in here that fit the winners mold.

If TT stays it's the same approach. Draft a QB somewhere, let em all compete. Best QB starts, purge the dead weight and get guys in here that know how to put their hardhats on and go to work. Win.

stats bare out that if you don't draft a qb high 1-3 in round one the chances of success drop dramatically so there is no guarantees that they will get a good qb at 10 anyways. I agree take bpa between s, wr or t but i'd still grab a qb in the later rounds this year just becauseqb

2018 draft is shaping up nicely at QB, seems like i've heard that before?

Getting to like the idea of moving back in the 1st & getting another 2nd which we can then use on a QB. Having said that though, I like Tyrod a lot & think that he can still improve. Still need to draft one just in case he regresses.

Chad Kelly is the only Chad Kelly type. He's the only pot smoking white rapper QB I know of in the draft. I think you meant to say Mahomes, someone who is good but will be available in the later rounds

I heard Kayaa is the best WCO qb in the draft. I saw 3 mocks that have jim coming to buffalo in the second

I saw jibrill peppers at 10. How do you feel about that? I unfortunately havent watched college football and i miss it. Isnt he like a wunderkind? A much better bryan scott? And like i just said Kayaa in the second. What do you guys think about that 1 2?

If TT is determined by the new staff to be worth a total of $40m over 3 years (roughly the deal now - could be re-done), as one of the biggest T-Mobile supporters out there I would still draft another QB (and that assumes EJ is out). They could do nothing at QB - including keeping EJ and letting him battle with Cardale for #2 to help CJ develop. If EJ wins out then he wins out as the #2. Not likely but with the new staff, it seems anything is possible.

If TMobile in, EJ out, one waits for the 3rd or 4th round for a dude like this: