If we keep Tyrod...

BeastMode54

Keep TT, Draft a STUD WR with pick 10, acquire/sign a veteran QB (Foles, Hoyer, Glennon, McCarron) and throw a late pick at Chad Kelly (give him a shot in his hometown) ...with Cardale, that makes 4 QB's in camp.

Don't waste #10 on a Qb this year with the quality of Safety and WR coming out.

I LIKE!! (in my Borat voice)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills keep Tyrod (Which I want them to do) I don't want to see them spend a high draft choice on a QB. They have Jones who is a high upside developmental QB already a year in, they can spend a late pick on Kelly or some other developmental prospect. But it would be horribly wasteful to spend a pick in the first three rounds on a QB if Tyrod a proven effective starter is on the roster. Build the existing talent around the QB and stick to making the QB who has gone out there and proved it look better.

Put Tyrod in a better position to have success with better talent around him or better talent on the defense. Allow Jones and a late round pick the chance to develop behind a proven starter.

Seriously ?

Sammy isn't Elite, it's just my opinion. He's good, don't get me wrong his skill level is very high but he's not elite. I'd have to consider elite receivers like, Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Odell even Mike Evans.

If the Bills keep Tyrod (Which I want them to do) I don't want to see them spend a high draft choice on a QB. They have Jones who is a high upside developmental QB already a year in, they can spend a late pick on Kelly or some other developmental prospect. But it would be horribly wasteful to spend a pick in the first three rounds on a QB if Tyrod a proven effective starter is on the roster. Build the existing talent around the QB and stick to making the QB who has gone out there and proved it look better.

Put Tyrod in a better position to have success with better talent around him or better talent on the defense. Allow Jones and a late round pick the chance to develop behind a proven starter.

Cardale Jones is nothing more than a lottery ticket at this point........and it is anything but a guarantee that top draft picks will turn out to be long term building blocks.........It's not always boom or bust.......sometimes a high second round pick just becomes a very replaceable starter like Bob Woods and he's gone in 4 years.

I like Tyrod but there is no reason to believe he is a long term solution.

That being the case.....always be looking for a franchise QB.

ALWAYS.

The fans don't get the momentary satisfaction of that shiny new RB or Safety :flirt: ...........but that fades pretty quickly anyway.........didn't take long at all for fans to wrap their heads around losing "immediate starters" Shaq and Ragnuts last summer :rolleyes: ........the draft should be the long term play not the low cost patch-a-hole like the team has too often tried to make it.

Let TT go. Sign a Vet to compete with Cardale for starting job. If Mitch Trubisky is still on the board at 4, and the Bills think he is THE guy trade up into Jacksonville's spot (4) and draft him.

Trubisky has played exactly 10 college games.

Lunacy.

Sammy isn't Elite, it's just my opinion. He's good, don't get me wrong his skill level is very high but he's not elite. I'd have to consider elite receivers like, Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Odell even Mike Evans.

Are you basing that on physical talent/skill or strictly production? If you're talking physical talent and skill level, Sammy is most definitely elite. If you are talking production, okay, although I would contend when healthy, Sammy has produced at a high level, especially considering the revolving coaching staffs/QB's.

Cardale Jones is nothing more than a lottery ticket at this point........and it is anything but a guarantee that top draft picks will turn out to be long term building blocks.........It's not always boom or bust.......sometimes a high second round pick just becomes a very replaceable starter like Bob Woods and he's gone in 4 years.

I like Tyrod but there is no reason to believe he is a long term solution.

That being the case.....always be looking for a franchise QB.

ALWAYS.

The fans don't get the momentary satisfaction of that shiny new RB or Safety :flirt: ...........but that fades pretty quickly anyway.........didn't take long at all for fans to wrap their heads around losing "immediate starters" Shaq and Ragnuts last summer :rolleyes: ........the draft should be the long term play not the low cost patch-a-hole like the team has too often tried to make it.

Shaq and Ragland were great college players and there is no reason to believe they won't be good pro's. Yes, they drafted them to fit Rex's D, but they can fit other schemes as well. And they are in the early 20s. I would call them long term plays.

Are you basing that on physical talent/skill or strictly production? If you're talking physical talent and skill level, Sammy is most definitely elite. If you are talking production, okay, although I would contend when healthy, Sammy has produced at a high level, especially considering the revolving coaching staffs/QB's.

Shaq and Ragland were great college players and there is no reason to believe they won't be good pro's. Yes, they drafted them to fit Rex's D, but they can fit other schemes as well. And they are in the early 20s. I would call them long term plays.

Badol was pointing out Shaq's burst limitations around the time of the draft last year. His take isn't 20/20 hindsight.

1) Good pros are cheap and easy to find in FA........first rounders and high seconds(a 2 and two 4th's for Ragnuts) are supposed to be impact players.

2) Almost zero production thru the first 25% of their contract is not a death sentence to them becoming replacement level "good pros" but it's a real rough start on that investment in aggregate.

I say 25% because the fifth year option on Shaq ain't gonna' be cheap so he could end up in FA the same year Ragnuts does if he continues to scuffle like he did in his 10 games this year.

It's Weird how Cardale is a lottery ticket and Dak just went 13-3.

One drafted at 135 one at 139.

Dak was a finished product whose skills were masked by being on low-talent team playing in the ultra-competitive SEC.

Cardale was raw and inexperienced and simply couldn't produce for any sustained period.....benched for a far inferior but more productive talent in JT Barrett while playing for the bully in a much less competitive conference.

He had a sensational 3 game run as a surprise fill-in 3 years ago or he probably never gets another start in college and is not in the NFL right now.

Big arm but otherwise huge question marks and the more he played in preseason the worse he looked so the fact that they were drafted 4 slots apart means zero.

Using geometry to figure out TT... A short quarterback benefits using taller receivers. Draft the best worthy tall receiver in the first round. This allows Woods to go to FA, and TT has two awesome receivers to throw too when healthy. Jones will have an extra year to develop. At the end of next year we will know if TT and Jones have the "it" factor. A serviceable veteran QB should also be brought in to push the others in training camp, and beyond.