Full rebuild Coming

MAJBobby

romo would cost the cowboys more money if they traded him. they would have to release him in order to save cap money. so he could be like manning and have his pick of where to go. jets would have to get rid of mangold and clady to save 20 mil in space.the bears have a ton of space, solid defense and a top pick to use. the rams also have a ton of space, new city, young qb to learn behind romo perhaps, plus a big rb and couple weapons at wr. darkhorse but i think that's the fit.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

romo would cost the cowboys more money if they traded him. they would have to release him in order to save cap money. so he could be like manning and have his pick of where to go. jets would have to get rid of mangold and clady to save 20 mil in space.the bears have a ton of space, solid defense and a top pick to use. the rams also have a ton of space, new city, young qb to learn behind romo perhaps, plus a big rb and couple weapons at wr. darkhorse but i think that's the fit.

So pretty much anywhere but Buffalo. Sounds about right.

yes, because they have no players. Same story, different year.

I'd much rather be the Browns right now than the Bills.

Leroi's tip that they were going after Brees is the opposite of full rebuild. Its QB Rebuild as in - TT isn't good enough and they are rebuilding at that position.

Once they realized Brees or Romo or Rivers was not a reality, that's when Whaley changed his tune and the full rebuild talk came out of his mouth.

WGR is the worst thing for the Bills and Sabres - it gives thoughts to the thoughtless and riles them up into a frenzy

It's like Fox News for the uber conservatives (I'm neither so don't start talking politics at me)

Settle down and let the offseason play out without hitting the panic button, Jesus

Read these quotes and tell me you don't think "full rebuild."

"We're not looking to just make the playoffs. We were looking for a coach who agreed with us that we want to build from the foundation up a team that can consistently compete for championships."

"We have to sit down and explain the vision we see of the qb we want on our team now and in the future. Then we'll come to a consensus: does this meet our criteria of a long-term answer at that position?"

"To the fans I say: we recognize the seventeen years, absolutely. But we're asking you to recognize that we're trying to build something for the long-term sustainabilty of success. And I can't give you a timeframe--year one, year two--but I will say; every game--like Coach says--you'll see a competitive team out there in position that won't beat themselves and that will be in a position to try to win."

"It's not going to be a quick fix. He knows that and we know that. And anything that's going to be sustainable for a long time is hard to do."

To me, no, that doesn't say rebuild.

It does say think long term, which I like. And it does say that they're not close, which I also like, as it's realistic and indicates that it's not just the playoffs they're going for. Which I love.

But the only part of that that would indicate a full rebuild is the "build from the foundations up" part, and they're saying "build," not "rebuild." That could just as easily mean just "100%," rather than tear down and then rebuild. If this is what people are basing all of this on, nah. Very unconvincing as to a full rebuild.

If they in fact are referring to players, they could easily just mean that time itself and the different styles of guys necessary to bring in for a scheme change would eventually mean a huge change. Nope, I don't think it means that.

But I like the direction they're indicating, a long-term focus. That's really good stuff, IMHO.

Close to the playoffs, yes.

Close to being a Super Bowl contender? HELL no.

OBD has no interest into sneaking into the playoffs. They want to win the Super Bowl and be a consistent championship contender year after year.

Exactly. You and I have had our disagreements, Wayne, but this is dead on target.

We're not close to being a contender and that should be the only thing they care about.

To suggest a rebuild, one must have something built in the first place. I don't see us as having built anything other than shove x player into y position. There is no indication that anything was built, more like a bunch of tires thrown on top of each other randomly....

I don't understand this thread. They can't get rid of enough of the talent to actually rebuild. Contracts and age prevents them from dumping these players. Not to mention the O Line is solid and under contract. That line + Shady is always going to generate some success - at least enough to avoid a 3-13 season and a #1 pick.

You obviously missed the Jets game.

WGR is the worst thing for the Bills and Sabres - it gives thoughts to the thoughtless and riles them up into a frenzy

It's like Fox News for the uber conservatives (I'm neither so don't start talking politics at me)

Settle down and let the offseason play out without hitting the panic button, Jesus

Been hearing the settle down and let the offseason play out blast for seventeen playoffless years. Anybody feel like freakin out? Go nuts!!!!

You hang around with real stupid people because they all think you're smart. They listen to your ideas and take your advice so you think to yourself - I am smart, aren't I?

Then you get around some smart people and you're the only one that doesn't realize what's really thought of you.

To suggest a rebuild, one must have something built in the first place. I don't see us as having built anything other than shove x player into y position. There is no indication that anything was built, more like a bunch of tires thrown on top of each other randomly....

Gotta disagree. Biggest mistake last year was Rex trying once again to ram his defense down our players throats. If we had a coach with a brain we might have made the playoffs. Offense was seventh in scoring before benching tyrod. This team could have made the playoffs with some decent coaching on the defensive side of the ball.

You hang around with real stupid people because they all think you're smart. They listen to your ideas and take your advice so you think to yourself - I am smart, aren't I?

Then you get around some smart people and you're the only one that doesn't realize what's really thought of you.

absolutely what happens with these WGR-ites

Absolutely nothing stupid about the retort.

Your gonna rag on the Browns when the Bills are the team with the longest non playoff streak in the league

LMAO can't believe you actually ragged on the Browns given our pathetic situation

The Browns have had chances at top picks many times and have wasted every one of them. What was the Bills highest draft pick in the past 17 years? Browns are absolute garbage.

They still can.

Fix the defense and keep the same offensive pieces and philosophy in place and they can.

I agree 100 percent but if Tyrod Taylor is your guy you say that. Whaley should have said it at the presser. Were close. We like Tyrod. Were gonna exercise our option, keep him, and fix the defense. They havent said that. If you love your qb or even like him youve already done that at this point. I think they are nuts if they let him go. Is he perfect? No. But hes the best qb weve had in quite a while. Edited by TANK2

The first thing I thought of when I heard about this was: "what have they been building for all these previous years? What has been their thought process before? Haven't they been building toward something before??

It seems that there has been no real vision for this team as they've been doing things on the fly. It seems like they've interviewed coaches without knowing exactly what they're looking for and hire the guy who interviews the best.

Brees and Romo have too much dead cap if I read it right

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/drew-brees-4542/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo-2447/

Rivers no trade clause

Not sure if a restructure bonus accelerates like the signing bonus does. Of if the nee team takes on the restructure bonus.