QB driven league indeed

DCbillsfan

Four teams left led by Brady, Rodgers, Rothlisberger, and Ryan. I think that's 7 Super Bowl rings between them. I forget how many Marcia has.

Ryan has had a great year while Rodgers has been white hot the last 2 months. Brady took a month off and looks his usual self. R'berger just keeps winning.

Then you have the Raiders a 12 win team, lose Carr and McGloin, who lose to the Texans with rookie QB Cook. Can't help but think Raiders win that one if Carr was able to play.

Sure hope the Bills have a viable plan to acquire and develop a good qb.

Edited by DCbillsfan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me, how did the Broncos win the Super Bowl last year?

Why are they not in it this year?

Because that once in a while, stumble into defense is being dismantled due to the salary cap?

If Denver does not find a QB soon, they are going to become very bad.

It certainly helps, but there's also teams with great QBs who are not in contention. And there's teams with mediocre QBs that were in contention/have won superbowls in the past. QB is very important, but it isn't the only key. Also, if finding a great QB was so easy, we would have done it by now.

Yes, more so now than ever. Tyrod is NOT the QB of the future, he's not even a bridge QB I would like to see with the Bills because he will be lurking on the sidelines, and the media will continue to whip a QB controversy into a frenzy. Take a good / decent #2 QB, cut Cardale now - he doesn't have it, take a journeyman QB, and then Draft a QB in the 2nd round for the future. See, Foles, Matt Moore, and Rook, ala Kaaya or Mahomes or the Washington QB (can't think of his name) et al. This allows for a QB to literally hold the spot while a QB develops for a couple years and you don't make a huge sacrifice in the ability to win. Foles in a WC style Offense and McD with his Defensive staff, could certainly bring the current Buffalo Bills into the playoffs, if they all do their job accordingly.

It certainly helps, but there's also teams with great QBs who are not in contention. And there's teams with mediocre QBs that were in contention/have won superbowls in the past. QB is very important, but it isn't the only key. Also, if finding a great QB was so easy, we would have done it by now.

The only way you find one is to draft one.

Four teams left led by Brady, Rodgers, Rothlisberger, and Ryan. I think that's 7 Super Bowl rings between them. I forget how many Marcia has.

Ryan has had a great year while Rodgers has been white hot the last 2 months. Brady took a month off and looks his usual self. R'berger just keeps winning.

Then you have the Raiders a 12 win team, lose Carr and McGloin, who lose to the Texans with rookie QB Cook. Can't help but think Raiders win that one if Carr was able to play.

There have been a few exceptions now and again, but it's basically this way all the time.

When all the pretenders go home and there are only a few teams left standing, you will find that usually, those teams also have the best QBs in the league.

You will also note that the teams that didn't make it to the playoffs or were only able to show up and then lose have the sort "kind of OK" QB play of a Tyrod Taylor type.

KC and Alex Smith is a great example. Smith is Tyrod, in a different package.

Pats hang 34 on the no. 1 defense. Falcons put up 36. GB scores 34 to win with seconds left. How does that 24.9 point average sound now?

Low.

Contrary to popular opinion around here, we are not close, we do not have a great roster stacked with talent, and we are not a few off-season acquisitions away from being a strong playoff contender.

Dallas shot themselves repearedly in the foot in yesterday's game! They spotted GB a 18 point lead from said mistakes otherwise insay be Dax instead of Rogers next week.

Also the old adage of defense wins championships is out the window. I think only 1 top 10 D is left in the final 4? (Not even sure of that. Lol)

But we have a Pro Bowl Quarterback

Either Brady or Roethlesberger is going to the Super Bowl

Carr and (second alternate) Mariota are Injured

Better to be a 3rd alternate bride than a bridesmaid. amirite?

Brady NEVER goes to the Pro Bowl even if he could. So potentially have all 3 slots open