Per Wawror- A. Will leaning towards playing

RobRyanFan

Im so torn on this...Aaron Williams is a very good safety

but this was a major failing of Doug Whaley this past season int hat when Aaron was not out there we had the worst saftey play in the leauge (it seemed)

Cannot have that happen again

I like Whaley. With that says, that was terrible and silly on Whaley last year. You can't be deep at every position.....but, geepers AW was one play a way from being done IF he even made it thru training camp. Edited by Manther

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This poor guy can't quit on his own. passing a physical has nothing to do with what already has been done.

He will be like D. Talley, only sooner in life. This a whole new D coming to the Bills, so his value isn't what it would have been at this time last year.

They should do the right thing and let him go. If another team feels he is worth the risk, made they will extend his career. The Bills need to move on to the future at that position.

Yeah. Still think we need to draft a safety high with the intention of playing him right away. If AW plays, that's a big help but we can't count on him playing a whole season if he plays at all.

Completely agree. I applaud Aaron for wanting to play - and I am a big fan of his, but he is one hit away from being forced to retire. No way that the team should be counting on him next year and that leaves a huge hole in the secondary.

Completely agree. I applaud Aaron for wanting to play - and I am a big fan of his, but he is one hit away from being forced to retire. No way that the team should be counting on him next year and that leaves a huge hole in the secondary.

We really don't know that. Just because it was a scary hit by landry and we feared the worst, he was cleared to play again. It's possible he is at no more risk than any other NFL player is.

Im so torn on this...Aaron Williams is a very good safety

but this was a major failing of Doug Whaley this past season int hat when Aaron was not out there we had the worst saftey play in the leauge (it seemed)

Cannot have that happen again

I don't think it was a failing so much as bad luck. They lost a lot of safeties to injury. I don't think any team would survive that.

I like Whaley. With that says, that was terrible and silly on Whaley last year. You can't be deep at every position.....but, geepers AW was one play a way from being done IF he even made it thru training camp.

That's a pouplar thought on the board, but it is an assumption that's probably not accurate. If he were in that type of precarious position he would not have been cleared to play at all. He was involved in many collisions during the season and got up fine or laid down for a minute, got up and was fine. If he comes back he would have been cleared by doctors to play.

From a team standpoint though the prudent thing would be to add depth and a high end talent at the position in the draft.

@TMHeyden

@AWilliamsUSA @ajwilliams23 - this point is so true!!!

C2OQRNMW8AAoaRj.jpg

@AWilliamsUSA

Anthony Williams Retweeted Tim Heyden

Tim, excited about the new HC and Aaron coming back to be part of the team that finally brings playoffs and a SB to the deserving BLO fans.

Jay AJayi stat-line prior to Aaron Williams de-cleating:

8 rushes for 87 yards

#theAWmyth

Sign Tony Jefferson. Only 24 years old and coming off his best season as a pro.

I think you will start to see Micah Hyde getting some love from Bills fans.

GB is notoriously cheap wrt FA's and he'd be a good fit here.

Clear AW physically........release him.......and get on with replacing him.

Edited by #BADOL

Dolphins had three points at that point, late in the second quarter.

The injury happened near the goal line and the Fish scored a TD on the play but it was overturned by penalty.

The Fish were moving the ball with ease but had issues with penalties early in the game.

But I was referring to the ignorant article that claimed that the Bills run defense was doing so well with AW........which is incorrect.

Ajayi was on the same pace AW or not so there is no reason to believe that they were somehow going to become a run-stopping juggernaut if he didn't suffer an INEVITABLE re-injury.

I'm sure the backlash here will be strong but reminder that we don't know the medical details like he and his family do.

As for the team, I wouldn't bank on him but it could be a nice piece to have

That's how I feel. The doctors know his situation. They aren't going to let him play unless they are very confident he is not going to have any real permanent threat. It's almost impossible for any of those guys to give up the game unless they are forced to. But the doctors aren't going to tell him it's okay if it's not.

I'm concerned for AW's long term health but these are very reasonable takes. The selfish Bills fan in me would love to have AW on the field because I do believe he's a difference maker.

8 rushes for 87 yards

#theAWmyth

12 rushes for 82 ysrds, but who's counting?

8 rushes for 87 yards

#theAWmyth

the savings in cutting him would be 1.75m i believe -- for 1.75m id keep him around, honestly.