Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams don't get rid of elite quarterbacks.

True, but let's not ignore how old Brees is and how much cap space he would free up if they were to part ways. The Saints need a complete overhaul of their defense in order for them to even remotely compete. He just had his 5th 5000 yard season yet they still had a losing record.

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 7s7 seconds ago

#Bills scheduled to bring Greg Olson in for interview for OC job on Thursday. Appears #Chiefs co-OC Brad Childress is out of the picture.

Good. They can do much better than Childress. This Olson meeting is nothing more than a "safety school" interview...they have another idea and will let Olson wait in the wings until after this weekend's games.

This would be a bad hire. Why hire a guy that's always been bad and all of a sudden expect him to be good? Didn't we just do that with Rob Ryan?

True, but let's not ignore how old Brees is and how much cap space he would free up if they were to part ways. The Saints need a complete overhaul of their defense in order for them to even remotely compete. He just had his 5th 5000 yard season yet they still had a losing record.

Their defense is in the midst of a rebuild and are starting to see the results. The Saints finished 7-9 and lost on a 2 pt. conversion as time expired and a blocked extra point that was run back for 2. They aren't that far...

I thought Childress would be a good hire as OC, particularly for a first time head coach. Not enthusiastic about Olson, and he is the only candidate that has an upcoming interview, at least that has been publicly disclosed.

I thought Childress would be a good hire as OC, particularly for a first time head coach. Not enthusiastic about Olson, and he is the only candidate that has an upcoming interview, at least that has been publicly disclosed.

I agree. I'm really not high on Olson at all - it is kinda of a schitty hire if we do offer him....

PLEEEEEASE NOT OLSON !!!! We've had enough second rate coaches !!

Especially with guys like Musgrave, Childress,& others out there, these are 2 guys that have proven that they can win in the NFL Olson has only had 1 count them ONE season in the top ten.

I think i might almost rather have C Kelly than Olson at least we know when Kelly had Shady he had a great offense !!

Except Musgrave isn't out there. Was hired by Broncos

@BradleyGelber

Some insight into Olson's most recent OC gig with the Jags... #Bills

C2TrO_AWQAANiV7.jpg

Didn't we have several members embracing the idea of Childress as OC and Olson as QB coach a few days ago...like this was some dream tandem? Based on this summary, I wouldn't let Olson call Dominos for my pizza.

That would be typical of the Bills during this drought. They've gone back and forth from one side of the ball being good, while the rest sucked. The offense was good during Bledsoe's first year with the Bills, but the defense sucked. The next two years, the defense was great, but then the offense sucked. Special Teams was great when Bobby April was here, but the offense and defense sucked. When Pettine was here, the defense improved to 10th, then got better under Schwartz, but the offense sucked. The next two years, the offense improved, but the defense sucked. Now, if the Bills hire Olson to go along with Frazier, the defense will improve, while the offense will regress again. Hopefully the Bills are smart enough not to hire Olson, otherwise we'll see the playoff drought extend to 20 years. :death::censored::bag::wallbash::thumbdown::thumbdown: