Tim Graham article -T Pegs considers dysfunction an insult

Reed83HOF

Please don't rewrite what I said. I didn't say "Kim wants Whaley gone", I said if Terry were out of the picture, it sounds (to me) like Kim's "knee jerk" would have changed Whaley's employment state. Once the knee stopped, the reaction diminished and a more balanced decision set in.

Huh? You literally just wrote in a longer version that Kim would have gotten rid of Whaley...and you based that on comments she made that really said nothing of the sort.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has nothing to do with graham. he just doesn't like questions.

Someone should put together all the low blows the media put on them that were simply uncalled for, up to and including calling them bozos, and hanging a 17 year drought on them in year 2 of their ownership.

I'm thinking the media is going to jump all over the issue of who is the "voice of the organization". Whaley said last week he speaks for ownership. This article states the coach speaks for the organization. Look for the BN guys to drill into this issue, because although meaningless, they can use it to embarrass someone.

Whaley said that before there was a coach.

I didn't read it. Would have read if TP B word slapped graham at some point.

Verbally, he pretty much did, a few times.

How do you think Doug Whaley represented the Bills at his news conference last week?

TP: He did the best he could under some very trying circumstances. That's my answer.

What were the circumstances?

TP: You saw it.

(Translation: You reporters and how you behaved, you are the very trying circumstances)

Others have had your confidence but lost it, namely Ted Black, Darcy Regier and Pat LaFontaine. How did those relationships turn sour?

TP: I think those are all personal matters I don't need to discuss.

Two years ago, you considered bringing Bill Polian aboard as a football consultant ...

TP: I don't want to discuss that. It's a private matter.

OK. But why haven't you followed through with anyone else in that type of role?

TP: We don't have any plans to do that. We just don't choose to go down that road. (...) Don't chase a story that doesn't exist. There's no plan to do it.

What went wrong with Rex Ryan as your coach?

KP: It doesn't do us any good to get into that. We've got a new coach, and we want to look forward.

[Whack. Whack. Whack. Whack.]

Someone should put together all the low blows the media put on them that were simply uncalled for, up to and including calling them bozos, and hanging a 17 year drought on them in year 2 of their ownership.

The Pegulas took on the media and lost.

Verbally, he pretty much did, a few times.

How do you think Doug Whaley represented the Bills at his news conference last week?

TP: He did the best he could under some very trying circumstances. That's my answer.

What were the circumstances?

TP: You saw it.

(Translation: You reporters and how you behaved, you are the very trying circumstances)

Others have had your confidence but lost it, namely Ted Black, Darcy Regier and Pat LaFontaine. How did those relationships turn sour?

TP: I think those are all personal matters I don't need to discuss.

Two years ago, you considered bringing Bill Polian aboard as a football consultant ...

TP: I don't want to discuss that. It's a private matter.

OK. But why haven't you followed through with anyone else in that type of role?

TP: We don't have any plans to do that. We just don't choose to go down that road. (...) Don't chase a story that doesn't exist. There's no plan to do it.

What went wrong with Rex Ryan as your coach?

KP: It doesn't do us any good to get into that. We've got a new coach, and we want to look forward.

[Whack. Whack. Whack. Whack.]

Yes agreed, he definitely punched back and it was great

And Kim is not going to be making decisions like firing Whaley, sorry. They are a team, sure. But she is not going to convince him of that.

Obviously, she didn't, and I'm not sorry. Overall, I like Whaley and think he's done a decent job of talent acquisition for the Bills, given the handicap of 2 different HC with different schemes and personnel needs in 4 years. It's just my read of what she said combined with how she described herself. One really doesn't want people who are anxious or get high-and-low making major decisions without someone to damp them out. One also has to understand people of that temperment don't try to convince or persuade; they have a reaction, then they calm down and assess.

Good Interview by Tim Graham. I am not a fan of his but he asked the hard hitting questions and kept pushing the Pegulas.

People are still overanalysizing this. The bottom line is that Terry gets angry at the questioning which makes me believe everything he said is true.

I personally like Doug Whaley as the GM and could care less what he does in the media. He looks uncomfortable at times but that isn't his job. Sounds like Doug did his job. Found 4 candidates recommended one and the owners picked it.

Nice job Doug. I hope Sean is the real deal.

Just find a QB pls.

Obviously, she didn't, and I'm not sorry. Overall, I like Whaley and think he's done a decent job of talent acquisition for the Bills, given the handicap of 2 different HC with different schemes and personnel needs in 4 years. It's just my read of what she said combined with how she described herself. One really doesn't want people who are anxious or get high-and-low making major decisions without someone to damp them out. One also has to understand people of that temperment don't try to convince or persuade; they have a reaction, then they calm down and assess.

She was talking about watching the games. Not making decisions for the teams.

I go crazy watching the games. Totally emotional and up and down, and pissed after losses and elated after wins. 99% of the rest of my life, and 100% of my decision making I am calm and laid back.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Whaley said that before there was a coach.

I think he said it specifically about the off-season, but truthfully, I think one thing Whaley really liked about Rex was his love of the spotlight. Whaley seems to have attended the Marshawn Lynch "I'm just here so I don't get fined" school of public relations, and if the Pegulas made a decision that they want McDermott to be the full-time "face of the franchise" year round, I somehow don't think Whaley would feel very diminished. "Ok, Sean, you bash the Balrog, I'll climb the tree."

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Doesn't matter. We all take our personalities with us wherever we go.

See the edit I added above. I don't think so at all. I said I go crazy during the games, totally emotional, always up and down. I'm furious at losses and elated at wins. 99% of the rest of my life and 100% of my decision making I'm laid back and calm.