Tim Graham article -T Pegs considers dysfunction an insult

Reed83HOF

When do more people see the media as unreasonable, unsubstantiated and overly sensational (with exceptions of course, JW

As long as there are fans who are more interested in saying "I told you so" than they are in cheering for their team, there will always be sports writers to take advantage of that low-hanging fruit.

Neither are going away any time soon.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me. It has nothing to do with some sort of gratification of saying "I told you so" on a message board... I have been having this same conversation for a decade now and the organization has continue to fail to make significant changes, and has deliberately insulated itself from outside influence. This franchise is an all-time historically poor NFL franchise and needs significant building at its foundation. A green, although enthusiastic owner alone isn't going to do it. It seemed a no-brainer that Pegula would bring someone in to build the program and he simply kept the same lineage of executives/management.

Nothing to do with being 'right' on a message board. I invest too much in season tickets, time, and emotion for such silliness. Instead of continuing to be 'right' on some message board, I would much rather go to a December home game with playoff implications (Not just staying on the in the hunt graphic one more week) than be eliminated by all logic by Thanksgiving. I know some members of the local media and they would love a chance to cover a good team. They don't enjoy the negativity. The Bills and Sabres are both in process of continuing franchise-long playoff droughts. I would like nothing more to be 'wrong' and have the Bills go on a great run.

Ultimately, it is an internal locus of control on the Bills. Fans and media have nothing to do with it. Swapping out coaches and outsourcing all the blame has not helped in 17 years. Odds are strong that they wont magically get it right this time either. McDermott has me optimistic at this point, I like what I read, and generally liked his PC... but these guys lose a lot of luster once they drive off the lot and the footballs start flying.

Trust me. It has nothing to do with some sort of gratification of saying "I told you so" on a message board... I have been having this same conversation for a decade now and the organization has continue to fail to make significant changes, and has deliberately insulated itself from outside influence. This franchise is an all-time historically poor NFL franchise and needs significant building at its foundation. A green, although enthusiastic owner alone isn't going to do it. It seemed a no-brainer that Pegula would bring someone in to build the program and he simply kept the same lineage of executives/management.

Nothing to do with being 'right' on a message board. I invest too much in season tickets, time, and emotion for such silliness. Instead of continuing to be 'right' on some message board, I would much rather go to a December home game with playoff implications (Not just staying on the in the hunt graphic one more week) than be eliminated by all logic by Thanksgiving. I know some members of the local media and they would love a chance to cover a good team. They don't enjoy the negativity. The Bills and Sabres are both in process of continuing franchise-long playoff droughts. I would like nothing more to be 'wrong' and have the Bills go on a great run.

Ultimately, it is an internal locus of control on the Bills. Fans and media have nothing to do with it. Swapping out coaches and outsourcing all the blame has not helped in 17 years. Odds are strong that they wont magically get it right this time either. McDermott has me optimistic at this point, I like what I read, and generally liked his PC... but these guys lose a lot of luster once they drive off the lot and the footballs start flying.

wrt bolded...

Funny how that worked out, isnt it? Having already owned a professional sports franchise for a few years prior to purchasing the Bills, a LOT of people at One Bills Drive also assumed the Pegulas would come in and clean house. There was even a small exodus from OBD shortly after the purchase was finalized, with people figuring it was better to quit on their own and control their own timing/destiny. I think the Pegulas thought it might go down like that as well...

However, what they quickly found out was, due to the size and success of the NFL, even the WORST NFL franchise is still light years ahead of the best NHL franchises when it comes to resources and quality of personnel. The ultimate example of this is Russ Brandon being named President of both teams.

Unfortunately for us fans, what this means is that the Pegulas were not in a position or prepared to clean house. They had a hard enough time finding competent people to run their little hockey team, let alone completely overhaul the Front Office staff of an NFL franchise. Don't expect major changes any time soon.

No it doesn't. But the style is obnoxious. It is like saying "when did you stop beating your wife".

And the fact that he is aPatriots fan makes it even more obnoxious. Go watch your own team. Geez

I think it is more like a beating a dead horse. Maybe OBD could learn something from the Man at the Razor. You know drunk owner and all. Who is my team anyway?