Tim Graham article -T Pegs considers dysfunction an insult

Reed83HOF

The casualty of the historic futility of this organization is optimism.

The Bills have truly earned 100% of the scorn and pessimism from fans and media.

If this were a proven well managed franchise we'd be able to overlook the lack of reason for optimism with moves like hiring Sean McDermott.

McDermott is just another underwhelming HC candidate/hire taking over a tough job with everything to prove and no reason to believe he can do it.

His first hire is retaining a special teams coach who has without question PROVEN that he is not going to make a difference.

To come out and talk about the influence of John Harbaugh and Dave Toub and then retain a proven failure like Crossman is concerning wrt his ability to bring in good coaches.

Just because this franchise has been crappy for 17 years, which is unarguable, doesn't mean you automatically have to B word about everything. It doesn't mean you cannot be optimistic about some things. It doesn't mean your takes all have to be negative and your insults have to suck and just be bitchy. If it is, you (not you personally) suck as a poster worse than the Bills suck as a franchise.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a shtick around here for being negative about everything.

Its not the case. I was optimistic going into the 2015 season. I thought the team was built to be a playoff time for the first team since 2005. Enter Rex Ryan's ****ty defense.

And of course I got bashed all offseason last year when I thought this team would again underperform the next year because of the decisions this organization continued to make.

The franchise consistently !@#$s things up. Logic overrides optimism.

For this team to have any shot at winning next year they need to get the OC right and retain Tyrod(outside of a long shot trade for Brees or Rivers).

If they don't do those things it's hard to be optimistic that this team will be much better next season.

Bro, you are negative 99.99% of the time. You're not being misrepresented, you're either kidding yourself or are just not self-aware.

Just because this franchise has been crappy for 17 years, which is unarguable, doesn't mean you automatically have to B word about everything. It doesn't mean you cannot be optimistic about some things. It doesn't mean your takes all have to be negative and your insults have to suck and just be bitchy. If it is, you (not you personally) suck as a poster worse than the Bills suck as a franchise.

That is a very promo-esque take you have there. :lol:

The Bills reap what they sow.

Our new "faith based winner" will get that reference. :lol:

I don't understand why he granted this interview. He comes across as angry and annoyed.

Maybe that's because the guy from the same newspaper that just called them bozos posed his first question as "Why don't you do more interviews?" followed immediately with "ESPN thinks you're a dumpster fire and the Boston Globe called you a clown show."

TImmah Graham is the Maury Povich of sports writers. He's less concerned with what the Pegulas have to say because he's more concerned with standing in the newsroom echo-chamber post-interview, chuckling with his like-minded colleagues how totally awesome he is to ask that question.

His first hire is retaining a special teams coach who has without question PROVEN that he is not going to make a difference.

The only reason that Crossman is the "first hire" is that he's the only one already under contract and Bills probably wanted to piss off Marrone by declining the move, meaning that Crossman stayed by default.

Funny how you love to slam on the Bills for twisting a narrative, when you consistently do it as well.

That is a very promo-esque take you have there. :lol:

The Bills reap what they sow.

Our new "faith based winner" will get that reference. :lol:

If you cannot find anything optimistic at any time, and can only come here and complain, then you're an ****. Really. Your response above, for all intents and purposes, that anything positive as promo-esque, means the only reason to come here is to B word.

The only reason that Crossman is the "first hire" is that he's the only one already under contract and Bills probably wanted to piss off Marrone by declining the move, meaning that Crossman stayed by default.

Funny how you love to slam on the Bills for twisting a narrative, when you consistently do it as well.

never thought why the blocking. i though Coughlin nixed it?

They were fair questions. We debate this stuff for months. Why give the multibillionaire owner a pass?

Would you feel better about it if instead of the (somewhat inappropriate, IMO) "private matter" answer, he gave the Professional Sports Stock Answer which would be "we felt that it was the best thing for our organization to go in a different direction" or "it was a business decision, we feel the drivers for that business decision are internal and confidential"?

Bro, wrong.

I'm negative most of the time because the team is never good enough year in and year out.

I've said this team can win if they keep continuity on offense and fix the defense.

I'm waiting to see what happens at QB/OC but it's the Bills so I'm guessing they !@#$ it up.

you are a lone wolf. That cool.

I really had a tough time with you at times. But i consider you family and always read your takes. we all gots Opinions. keep em coming

Crossman is f*cking AWFUL.

I'm aware of the media narrative that they kept him to spite Doug Marrone.......but what Doug Marrone wants should have nothing to do with decisions made here.

I'm surprised that you like the Crossman retention so much.

If you cannot find anything optimistic at any time, and can only come here and complain, then you're an ****. Really. Your response above, for all intents and purposes, that anything positive as promo-esque, means the only reason to come here is to B word.

I didn't say anything positive was Promo-esque.

I was responding to the HIGHLIGHTED portion of your post. :thumbsup:

Promo is a fan hater who thinks that the fans greatly impact on-field outcomes and feels that they should be held accountable for losing as much as management.

That is batsh*t crazy of him.......but he is what he is.

I'm aware of the media narrative that they kept him to spite Doug Marrone.......but what Doug Marrone wants should have nothing to do with decisions made here.

I'm ambivalent about the Crossman hire because his units have been up and down. In the Rex bashing mood, we can attribute the unit's fall off this year to the team's general lax attention to detail.

I do point out that slamming McD for Crossman being his first hire is really a false take, because Frazier & Castillo are working on their contracts and he probably got sandbagged by Denver moving superfast on Joseph. Crossman is the only guy on the coaching staff who isn't dependent on the coordinator hire.

I didn't say anything positive was Promo-esque.

I was responding to the HIGHLIGHTED portion of your post. :thumbsup:

Promo is a fan hater who thinks that the fans greatly impact on-field outcomes and feels that they should be held accountable for losing as much as management.

That is batsh*t crazy of him.......but he is what he is.

I know what I wrote. I know what words mean. I know, for example, that the word "debasement" has two specific meanings. 1) Underneath de floor. And 2) Where de Bills will likely finish.

What I said, clearly, was if you cannot say ANYTHING positive, ever, then you are as bad a poster as the Bills are a franchise. You cannot just take out the one last sentence as if it stands alone. And then say it is pollyanish promoesque. That's crap.

I know what I wrote. I know what words mean. I know, for example, that the word "debasement" has two specific meanings. 1) Underneath de floor. And 2) Where de Bills will likely finish.

What I said, clearly, was if you cannot say ANYTHING positive, ever, then you are as bad a poster as the Bills are a franchise. You cannot just take out the one last sentence as if it stands alone. And then say it is pollyanish promoesque. That's crap.

another i am glad to read. But i do not always agree. Like with everyone I guess

Maybe that's because the guy from the same newspaper that just called them bozos posed his first question as "Why don't you do more interviews?" followed immediately with "ESPN thinks you're a dumpster fire and the Boston Globe called you a clown show."

TImmah Graham is the Maury Povich of sports writers. He's less concerned with what the Pegulas have to say because he's more concerned with standing in the newsroom echo-chamber post-interview, chuckling with his like-minded colleagues how totally awesome he is to ask that question.?

I'm ecstatic that the Pegulas are the owners of the Bills and Sabres. As owners they have made mistakes but their intentions are good. But let's be real here. Listening to Terry Pegula and what he has to say is a waste of time. I'm not focusing on his bland style of oratory as I am on the substance of what he has to say. It is usually non-substantive and not worth discussing. Vapid comments from the podium are vapid comments from the podium.

To be fair, Badol has always said positive things when the merit is there - Sammy in 2015, Shady (!) this season, Tyrod directing the offense, the pass D in 2013, the D overall in 2014, Schwartz's fit for the D that year, keeping Rob Johnson (yes, I remember!), and even Donohoe. It's not all sunshine and lollipops in Badol's world, but it's also note Dante's seventh level either.

To be fair, Badol has always said positive things when the merit is there - Sammy in 2015, Shady (!) this season, Tyrod directing the offense, the pass D in 2013, the D overall in 2014, Schwartz's fit for the D that year, keeping Rob Johnson (yes, I remember!), and even Donohoe. It's not all sunshine and lollipops in Badol's world, but it's also note Dante's seventh level either.

And I said "not you personally" in the post he quoted.