Lynne may return as oc in buffalo under McDermott

Wait for another minority candidate to be interviewed

He's the only minority candidate employing this strategy?

Also, when white people are edgy about their perceived racial insensitivity, they never have just one black friend---they say "I have plenty of black friends".

Having interviewed one black guy really shouldn't give the rest the "all clear".

My guess is that A) teams are pretty sure they are going to fire the HC well before "black Monday" and therefore B) have a pretty good idea as to who they would LOVE to "get". It doesn't seem very likely a guy could come in from the bottom of the list and knock off the guy(s) at the top of the list (Pegulas perhaps excluded).

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerky's point was a fairly racist assumption poorly disguised as discourse. Lynn has SECOND interviews from TWO separate teams. Just that fact takes his entire argument and flushes it down the toilet in regard to A Lynn. Don't let the facts slow you down though.

meh, he made a poor assumption, and a misinformed assumption - but I wouldn't say it was a racist assumption. Let's not be so quick to throw that out there. The point that some black coaches get interviews simply because of the rule has been a widely discussed issue amongst people who are both 'for' and 'against' the Rooney Rule.

He's the only minority candidate employing this strategy?

Also, when white people are edgy about their perceived racial insensitivity, they never have just one black friend---they say "I have plenty of black friends".

Having interviewed one black guy really shouldn't give the rest the "all clear".

My guess is that A) teams are pretty sure they are going to fire the HC well before "black Monday" and therefore B) have a pretty good idea as to who they would LOVE to "get". It doesn't seem very likely a guy could come in from the bottom of the list and knock off the guy(s) at the top of the list (Pegulas perhaps excluded).

I don't disagree but when multiple minority candidates are interviewed it isn't because of the Rooney Rule. Once one is interviewed you are talking to the people that you are considering for the job. This year there happened to be a bunch of minority candidates. There are situations where you could say, "Lynn is just getting talked to because of the Rooney Rule." With Goodwin, Austin, Joseph, and Richard all on the head coaching radar it doesn't hold true this year. Teams interviewed multiple minority candidates making it less about checking the box and more about thinking that they were qualified candidates.

for every Lynn "may" return article there is a Lynn "may not" return article.....

thousands of writers needing content.

And a dedicated group here eating up everything they write every hour of every day.

I have an idea! Wait a while. This will all sort itself out soon enough and then we can discuss when we actually know who is working for whom.

Funny Lynn was a huge HC candidate on TBD. In reality he is just filing in the Rooney rule.

That's a low, and insulting blow.

I understand you people try to block out this **** that goes on in the world but it only makes you ignorant when we have to talk aboht it.

Block out stuff like your racism? No, we're aware that it exists, unfortunately.

Love how almost everything turns to race. So running out of white guilt, enough already. Don't think this was the orginal topic.

0mw1I8e.gif

And a dedicated group here eating up everything they write every hour of every day.

I have an idea! Wait a while. This will all sort itself out soon enough and then we can discuss when we actually know who is working for whom.

Where's the fun in that?

Hot takes... Get your hot takes here... Hot takes... You, sir... What's that... You got it, three hot takes coming right up.

McDermott diminishes Whaley as they work swimmingly to build the roster with collaborative control... no with Whaley's oversight of the 5... no, with collaborative control of the roster for Whaley and his personal choi... uh, the Pegula's ch... err, Monos' deliberately undermining HC choice

Anthony Lynn is the next coming of Vince Lombar... oh, wait, I mean he will be lucky to coach the OL in Jacksonville.

Tyrod will.. not.. will.. won't... might be back and the decision to decide whether he will or won't be back may have been made weeks ago, or may still need to be made.

Thank you. That's 3 hot takes, that'll be $4.50. Enjoy.

HOT takes HERE...

Anyone who is a coach or player on the Bills when they break this playoff drought will be a legend around here. They will be made men.

If you're the OC or DC of the Bills when they break the drought you'll be one of the top 3 candidates for HC in 2018. That has to mean something. these guys are wired for that stuff.

i think McCoy is legitimately weighing all options. The big guys seem to not have any read on the situation.

John Clayton mentioned on his WGR spot last night that McDermott and McCoy share the same agent and that might hold some sway. He'd be silly to not way all the options and at least see what each team has to offer monetarily first

John Clayton mentioned on his WGR spot last night that McDermott and McCoy share the same agent and that might hold some sway. He'd be silly to not way all the options and at least see what each team has to offer monetarily first

And the agent wanting this so two teams may get in a mini bidding war and he makes a better commission.

But how will I prove I'm smarter than everyone else if I don't state my unequivocal (typically non-fact based) opinion before something happens!?!

I've said all along no team in their right mind would hire a guy as head coach that was a running backs coach 4 months ago and has yet to install and run his own offense for a full NFL season. In fact, he's not getting any offers for OC anywhere either until he shows a mastery of the passing game as well.

The absolute best place for that guy is right back here in Buffalo for a few more years to prove he can at least be a good OC, assuming he even gets that opportunity and doesn't just go back to managing the running game for us.

He's not going anywhere and I think we'd be smart to keep some continuity with the ALynn staying on board, maybe as a RB coach and assistant OC or something.

I've said all along no team in their right mind would hire a guy as head coach that was a running backs coach 4 months ago and has yet to install and run his own offense for a full NFL season. In fact, he's not getting any offers for OC anywhere either until he shows a mastery of the passing game as well.

The absolute best place for that guy is right back here in Buffalo for a few more years to prove he can at least be a good OC, assuming he even gets that opportunity and doesn't just go back to managing the running game for us.

He's not going anywhere and I think we'd be smart to keep some continuity with the ALynn staying on board, maybe as a RB coach and assistant OC or something.

He's been in the league 24 straight years. He's been Assistant Head Coach for 4-5 years. He began putting together his own playbook and offense almost 10 years ago. The only experience he needs is calling plays, which he did for a full season. No one is going to offer him or try to hire him for a OC job when he is still in the running for a HC job because he's not going to accept it.

Yes a black man is racist b.c a rule exists that doesn't need to. It just serves as a reminder of the past and I wish it would not be around anymore.

Just stop. You didn't make the comment as a statement on the Rooney Rule, you called him a Rooney Rule candidate insinuating he wasn't a serious candidate for the position and was getting interviews solely because he is a minority. He is a serious candidate for the position, two teams have confirmed this by having him come back for second interviews. Once your position got blown out of the water you decided to save face and try and argue the concept.