Lynne may return as oc in buffalo under McDermott

You do know that they learn plays each week for upcoming games... Not like they learned everything in the summer then only do that. Each week they work on new game plans and new plays. You don't think those new plays would come from Lynn since it ended up becoming his offense?

The system was installed.

My understanding is that Lynn actually paired down Roman's massive playbook to make it simpler.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be OK with Lynne staying on as OC if Tyrod stays. Otherwise adios amigos because the only way I would let Tyrod go is if a move was made for a better quarterback and that would mean a more passing oriented offense. Not Lynnes thing

I'd be OK with Lynne staying on as OC if Tyrod stays. Otherwise adios amigos because the only way I would let Tyrod go is if a move was made for a better quarterback and that would mean a more passing oriented offense. Not Lynnes thing

I would love to see the Bills just spread their offense out with another good receiver or two. Opposition DCs would have fits trying to defend Shady on draws, Tyrod on scrambles and Sammy, Clay, (M. Williams, C.Davis?) and maybe Woods.

Jerky's point is the ONLY reason that he got HC interviews was to fill the RR.

What I said was to get reactions. Sometimes you need to stir the pot to show where the crack is. The crack is in the rule itself.

Jerky's point was a fairly racist assumption poorly disguised as discourse. Lynn has SECOND interviews from TWO separate teams. Just that fact takes his entire argument and flushes it down the toilet in regard to A Lynn. Don't let the facts slow you down though.

I would love to see the Bills just spread their offense out with another good receiver or two. Opposition DCs would have fits trying to defend Shady on draws, Tyrod on scrambles and Sammy, Clay, (M. Williams, C.Davis?) and maybe Woods.

There is only one flaw in that scenario, Taylor's arm doesn't scare anyone.

IMO, if McDermott cannot get one of his top 2 candidates for OC, whoever they may be, then he should consider retaining ALynn assuming he doesn't get a HC gig elsewhere and is agreeable.

As for ALynn, if his goal is to be a HC and he doesn't get a shot this year, the quickest route will be immediate success as an OC. He knows the Bills players, he's a run first guy, and running a watered down GRo offense he lead the league in rushing, was third in turnovers, and finished just outside the top 10 in scoring with limited receiving help much of the season. He should know what he can do here, already, and with a little tweaking and some luck, could realistically improve on it in 2017. Going someplace else and starting from scratch is more of a gamble, IMO.

Both of these points are made with the assumption that Tyrod stays and that the team isn't in a total rebuild mode. If either one of these things is not the case, then I think McDermott should move on from ALynn.

Could see Lynn getting one of the 2 LA jobs. Made for an interim type coach for the next 2 years until they move into their new stadium.

so now he's only gonna be an interim coach until they move into their new digs? Laughable

Him returning after being passed over for the HC job would not be entirely unprecedented.

When the Ravens fired Brian Billick, many people thought Rex Ryan was the logical person to take over as he had just guided them to a few years of dominant defenses. When they hired Harbaugh, Harbaugh asked him to stay as DC and he did for one more year until he got the Jets job.

All McDermott has to do is convince Lynn that staying here is in his best interest to get a HC job in the year or two. I think it really depends upon what their offensive plan is. If McDermott decides that slow overhaul on offense, both of personnel and philosophy, is the best course of action, then I could see Lynn and Taylor both staying, while they start building up talent on offense through the draft, much like how the Bengals recently built up their offense slowly over a few consecutive drafts.

that was Marvin Lewis D in Baltimore no?

What I said was to get reactions. Sometimes you need to stir the pot to show where the crack is. The crack is in the rule itself.

nah, its you

Love how almost everything turns to race. So running out of white guilt, enough already. Don't think this was the orginal topic.

When the point brought up is literally race, then yeah, it's about race. Try reading what you're commenting on before you run out to white-knight someone without context.

Anthony Lynn still has much to prove as an OC. He did a good job simplifying Roman's complex scheme and playbook last season, but freely admitted it was not "his" offense. We still don't know what an Anthony Lynn offense looks like -- how does he develop the passing game, for example?

It's all well and good if somebody hires him as their HC, but if he doesn't get one of the three remaining jobs it's not at all outside the realm of possibility he comes back to Buffalo as the OC and puts his stamp on the offense.

Edited by eball