The new jw Tweets 1/11 - Questions on Whaley & TT

Reed83HOF

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

PD3Djcrz_bigger.jpgJason La Canfora Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora

The Bills, after finalizing Anthony Lynn as their head coach, will make a push for Gus Bradley as their defensive coordinator

PD3Djcrz_bigger.jpgJason La Canfora Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora Anthony Lynn a virtual lock to be named Bills coach on a permanent basis - http://CBSSports.com

See. The message is clear.

He's saying, "I'm a dumbass."

Is it bananas if Monos was the one who actually picked McDermott?

Yes. Bananas no matter what. To come out and say Whaley specifically is spear heading the coaching search, hire a coach, fire Whaley and say jk Monos did it, is ridiculous.

Edited by FireChan

At least LaCanfora comes out and posts specifics of what he's heard.

This veiled teasing is a hedge. "Something is up!" "Uh oh, this might turn out interesting!". Just put it out there already...

Yes, that is frustrating, but unlike the useless LaConfoa, JW actually prefers to have actual verifiable sources before putting his name on a news item. I respect him for this.

Yup.

The Bills, after finalizing Anthony Lynn as their head coach, will make a push for Gus Bradley as their defensive coordinator

Anthony Lynn a virtual lock to be named Bills coach on a permanent basis - http://CBSSports.com

Well he really can't back away from those---and that was the point of my post.

By hinting something is up but leaving it nebulous, you can claim exclusive content if something happens... and remain safe and mute when nothing does.

Yes, that is frustrating, but unlike the useless LaConfoa, JW actually prefers to have actual verifiable sources before putting his name on a news item. I respect him for this.

Do you think he doesn't have an actual and verifiable source when he tweets that? He sure thinks he does, I bet.

Well he really can't back away from those---and that was the point of my post.

By hinting something is up but leaving it nebulous, you can claim exclusive content if something happens... and remain safe and mute when nothing does.

Do you think he doesn't have an actual and verifiable source when he tweets that? He sure thinks he does, I bet.

Almost always, jw will double source something that is a scoop type story. You know, like a journalist does, er, did.

Yup.

PD3Djcrz_bigger.jpgJason La Canfora Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora

PD3Djcrz_bigger.jpgJason La Canfora Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora Anthony Lynn a virtual lock to be named Bills coach on a permanent basis - http://CBSSports.com

Lol. Well played. That is kind of the point. LAconjecture throws out everything he's heard no filter. JW filters and sometimes it's frustrating because of that prevents things like this.

Almost always, jw will double source something that is a scoop type story. You know, like a journalist does, er, did.

Exactly. No doubt throwing the little tidbits out here and there helps create interest for an upcoming article - can't blame him for that - but he is always careful to be right before throwing out the story. For too many of these tweeters, the 140 characters is the story, with no need to go further. Sloppy, lazy, and all too accepted anymore.

Yup.

Anthony Lynn a virtual lock to be named Bills coach on a permanent basis - http://CBSSports.com

Whoops

Reading between the lines, McDermott was a Monos guy. Pegula liked him. Whaley isn't a Tyrod guy. Pegula likes him. Pegula is wondering if maybe I should just turn this thing over to Monos and keep Tyrod?

Do it, Pegs! Still not ideal but a HUGE improvement, addition by subtraction.

Yup.

La Canfora is truly the worst. I can't believe he has a job with a sports division of a real network. That's not a good look for them.

Reading between the lines, McDermott was a Monos guy. Pegula liked him. Whaley isn't a Tyrod guy. Pegula likes him. Pegula is wondering if maybe I should just turn this thing over to Monos and keep Tyrod?

Leroi just said in the Shoutbox that Whaley drove the bus the whole time. Yes, Monos and others had input but he was still in charge and presented his recommendation to the Pegulas. As for Tyrod's future, I think it would be wise to not jump to any conclusions as to who is who's guy. So much of what we think we know is just tweets and rumor. After all, wasn't Lynn being called a lock just a week ago?