The new jw Tweets 1/11 - Questions on Whaley & TT

Reed83HOF

Oh definitely - I mean Stone Cold basically had to retire, Brett Hart is in awful shape, many die fairly young as well. That being said The Rock did a great job in being able to make a move the the movies before wrestling took too much of a toll on him...

Not wrestling, rastlin'

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monos is Whaleys child isn't he?

did nice as a pro scout. is he the leak?

I would think (but do not know) that Monos would be loyal to Whaley given the opportunity that Whaley gave him. Having said that, it does seem that there was someone at OBD leaking with the intent to do harm.

Come on. You know what I mean. It takes a lot of dedication to be a wrestler. I always respected those guys.

It takes a a lot of dedication to plenty of things.

I think his point was his upbringing, not wrestling

Not wrestling, rastlin'

nope,

wrasslin'

It takes a a lot of dedication to plenty of things.

I think his point was his upbringing, not wrestling

Yes. I agree. This was just an example of that. I did not realize my compliment of McDermott would be controversial.

Not wrestling, rastlin'

you and your sharks nver did done wrassle no gators now didja

Yes. I agree. This was just an example of that. I did not realize my compliment of McDermott would be controversial.

its because you are often a trouble maker round here..

keep you nicey ole compliments to yerself I say

Leroi just said in the Shoutbox that Whaley drove the bus the whole time. Yes, Monos and others had input but he was still in charge and presented his recommendation to the Pegulas. As for Tyrod's future, I think it would be wise to not jump to any conclusions as to who is who's guy. So much of what we think we know is just tweets and rumor. After all, wasn't Lynn being called a lock just a week ago?

Very good points.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anthony-lynn-a-virtual-lock-to-be-named-bills-coach-on-a-permanent-basis/

La Canfora published an article saying Anthony Lynn was a lock, and including this quote: "While the Bills may still conduct a nominal coaching search, it's Lynn's job for all intents and purposes. Whaley has strong ties to Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, who could potentially talk to the Bills, but anything other than hiring Lynn would be a complete shocker and go against the long-planned transition."Don't be fooled by any of the other interviews," one well-placed Bills source said. "It's Anthony Lynn."

I lack the interest to go through it, but it seems to me there have been a number of contentions about the Bills initiated by La Canfora tweets, including the information that the decision to fire Rex was pushed by Whaley and made weeks ago, that the Bills have already decided to move on from Taylor, etc etc. The "Lynn is a lock" thing proved wrong. Maybe La Canfora's "well placed source" is under-informed and some of the other things he leaked are incorrect.

Question to JW re whether Whaley should have been asked whether he was the source for LaCanfora re Rex:

3) I noticed that no one asked Whaley whether he was the source for LaCanfora re Rex - the leak that came out just before the Pittsburgh game. In fact, I do not recall anyone asking anyone else whether they were a source for someone else (other than perhaps Deep Throat). Is this a question that journalists would hesitate or avoid asking because it may scare sources? http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191375-a-simple-question-for-the-media-who-frequent-this-board/?p=4203248

JW answer:

3) The question to Whaley was relatively unique, but certainly merited being raised given some unconfirmed rumors that have been floating around for past 3 weeks. And no, I won't get into what those rumors are.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191375-a-simple-question-for-the-media-who-frequent-this-board/?p=4203248

Regarding whether LaCanfora has a source within Bills organization, LaCanfora tweeted that they had reached an agreement more than an hour before Bills and before Vic:

Sean McDermott has agreed to become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills

3:26 PM - 11 Jan 2017

Very good points.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anthony-lynn-a-virtual-lock-to-be-named-bills-coach-on-a-permanent-basis/

La Canfora published an article saying Anthony Lynn was a lock, and including this quote: "While the Bills may still conduct a nominal coaching search, it's Lynn's job for all intents and purposes. Whaley has strong ties to Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, who could potentially talk to the Bills, but anything other than hiring Lynn would be a complete shocker and go against the long-planned transition."Don't be fooled by any of the other interviews," one well-placed Bills source said. "It's Anthony Lynn."

I lack the interest to go through it, but it seems to me there have been a number of contentions about the Bills initiated by La Canfora tweets, including the information that the decision to fire Rex was pushed by Whaley and made weeks ago, that the Bills have already decided to move on from Taylor, etc etc. The "Lynn is a lock" thing proved wrong. Maybe La Canfora's "well placed source" is under-informed and some of the other things he leaked are incorrect.

Edited by Peter

Monos has shown an eye for talent throughout his career and it may be only a matter of time before he finds himself as a general manager elsewhere in the NFL.

Maybe he should be Buffalo's GM.

He is a lot of what's wrong with the media. He tries so hard to be first that he's always wrong. In addition, I think someone at the Bills hates him so they feed him BS so that he looks like and idiot. I don't know that last part to be true, but it feels like it.

He has been wrong about the Bills SO often that it seems like it almost has to be true. Seriously -- aside from "reporting" news that has already been released by other sources when has he hit on a Bills rumor?

Monos is Whaleys child isn't he?

did nice as a pro scout. is he the leak?

Doubt it. The leaks hurt the Bills and specifically hurt the player personnel dep't and Whaley, why would Monos do that?

Question to JW re whether Whaley should have been asked whether he was the source for LaCanfora re Rex:

3) I noticed that no one asked Whaley whether he was the source for LaCanfora re Rex - the leak that came out just before the Pittsburgh game. In fact, I do not recall anyone asking anyone else whether they were a source for someone else (other than perhaps Deep Throat). Is this a question that journalists would hesitate or avoid asking because it may scare sources? http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191375-a-simple-question-for-the-media-who-frequent-this-board/?p=4203248

JW answer:

3) The question to Whaley was relatively unique, but certainly merited being raised given some unconfirmed rumors that have been floating around for past 3 weeks. And no, I won't get into what those rumors are.

The answer doesn't seem to belong with the question. I think JW is talking about the first question of the presser, regarding "dysfunction" in the Bills and what makes Whaley think he's "the man to right the ship". No one in the presser asked anything about sources of leaks, as you observed.

The answer doesn't seem to belong with the question. I think JW is talking about the first question of the presser, regarding "dysfunction" in the Bills and what makes Whaley think he's "the man to right the ship". No one in the presser asked anything about sources of leaks, as you observed.

Except that he matched his answers to my particular questions to him by number.

Edited by Peter

At least LaCanfora comes out and posts specifics of what he's heard.

This veiled teasing is a hedge. "Something is up!" "Uh oh, this might turn out interesting!". Just put it out there already...

To be fair, as I understand it Wawrow as an AP guy works under tighter standards. He can't use a source that doesn't have 1st hand knowledge, and he must verify. So he has to alert people to breaking news by being cryptic, while he's verifying or cultivating a 1st hand source.

But I agree, the degree of "tease" Wawrow puts out these days is a bit "over the top", especially he refers to an earlier tweet (which isn't) as a "question" and acts like it's his followers fault for not eliciting meaning from his cryptic utterances.

Yes, that is frustrating, but unlike the useless LaConfoa, JW actually prefers to have actual verifiable sources before putting his name on a news item. I respect him for this.

Respect for John is warranted IMO but it's also a condition of his AP employment as I understand it. I wish it were more uniformly so.

(Lacanfora) Do you think he doesn't have an actual and verifiable source when he tweets that? He sure thinks he does, I bet.

(Lacanfora) Certainly he has an actual source, but he can and does use people with 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge, which is why sometimes he's spectacularly right, and sometimes he's spectacularly wrong.

Bobby the Brain for GM plz.

We already have "Slick"

"Jive Soul Bro"

To be fair, as I understand it Wawrow as an AP guy works under tighter standards. He can't use a source that doesn't have 1st hand knowledge, and he must verify. So he has to alert people to breaking news by being cryptic, while he's verifying or cultivating a 1st hand source.

But I agree, the degree of "tease" Wawrow puts out these days is a bit "over the top", especially he refers to an earlier tweet (which isn't) as a "question" and acts like it's his followers fault for not eliciting meaning from his cryptic utterances.

Respect for John is warranted IMO but it's also a condition of his AP employment as I understand it. I wish it were more uniformly so.

(Lacanfora) Certainly he has an actual source, but he can and does use people with 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge, which is why sometimes he's spectacularly right, and sometimes he's spectacularly wrong.

Then why send out the tease tweets. And why can't he verify< shouldn't take much effort. And he can't verify and his "ethics" prevent him from being direct with his thoughts, why tease?

It seems like he wants to get in on the breaking action without getting hammered for being wrong. And who cares if he is wrong--it's a fluid situation.