Reed83HOF

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes! Please start a new thread though; don't bury the X and O talk here with the gossip and general griping.

I'd be interested in a general take on McDermott's Ds with our personnel and how that might impact our FA decisions (i.e. let Gilmore walk). Also, I am curious how well it might work, or how it might adjust without a stellar MLB.

Agree new thread i would love to read what opinions are that watched a Ton of Carolina

Lol.

The defense didn't suck. Fitz just had a perfect game.

Well, actually, many of those long passes Fitz completed were very well covered and were in perfect places for the receivers to make plays and they did. I am not trying to say the D overall could not have been better, but that was a lightening in a bottle game for Fitz.

Mccoy: Complex passing offense

Cardale: Incredibly raw passer

I suppose Tebow was able to crack that complex offensive passing approach.

It appears to me that McCoy has the ability to adjust to the talent around him.

Here is what is going to happen. young coach with no HC experience. Will be over his head. Will hire competent OC because it is not his strengh. Will hire figurehead no name DC because he views himself as the king of DC. Will be further over his head. Not gonna be pretty. We have done it multiple times now.

Won in Buffalo, Carolina, and Indy. 6 Superbowl appearances. Thats overrated? LMFAO! This might get the prize for most ridiculous thing Ive read in these threads. Was he three time Nfl executive of the year or was it four?

Those Colts teams were massive underachievers, bitched and moaned about the Pats receivers mauling Colts receivers and that's why the illegal contact rule is in place. Polian in Buffalo and Indianapolis never built a defense capable to dominate when his high powered offenses didn't play well. As great as he was in building teams the fact he only has one Super Bowl ring makes him overrated.

Here is what is going to happen. young coach with no HC experience. Will be over his head. Will hire competent OC because it is not his strengh. Will hire figurehead no name DC because he views himself as the king of DC. Will be further over his head. Not gonna be pretty. We have done it multiple times now.

What will be over his head?

Edited by nucci

I see another 5-year contract is in the works. Interesting choice for HC for sure. I kinda liken him to a younger Jim Schwartz who had his ups and downs as Titan's DC under Fisher.

I'll be kinda surprised if Mike McCoy would want to come to Buffalo considering the QB, FO situation. If McCoy does come to Buffalo it would be interesting to see him work with Tyrod Taylor. That is if the team keeps Taylor.

The Man did get the Broncos into the playoffs with Tebow at QB which to me was a phenomenal feat. So, I can see Taylor staying and the Bills offense getting better at passing.

Lastly, I gotta wonder if this is Whaley's, Monos or the Pegula's pick for HC.

I see another 5-year contract is in the works. Interesting choice for HC for sure. I kinda liken him to a younger Jim Schwartz who had his ups and downs as Titan's DC under Fisher.

I'll be kinda surprised if Mike McCoy would want to come to Buffalo considering the QB, FO situation. If McCoy does come to Buffalo it would be interesting to see him work with Tyrod Taylor. That is if the team keeps Taylor.

The Man did get the Broncos into the playoffs with Tebow at QB which to me was a phenomenal feat. So, I can see Taylor staying and the Bills offense getting better at passing.

I hope I dont have to hear he went to the playoffs and won with Tebow. They won their division at 8-8 and had a home wild card game. That is not going to happen here.

That said, McCoy is very respected around the NFL and is the #1 OC candidate.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I hope I dont have to hear he went to the playoffs and won with Tebow. They won their division at 8-8 and had a home wild card game. That is not going to happen here.

And their offense was terrible.

My clearest recollection of McCoy as a head coach is his endless and unconditional love of punting. Edited by mannc

I suppose Tebow was able to crack that complex offensive passing approach.

It appears to me that McCoy has the ability to adjust to the talent around him.

He does but let's be real- are we gameplanning on him doing permanently what he did for tebow (which was often a struggle carried by a great defense) or do we think that he shoots for a qb that can operate his scheme?

I won't say anything is certain but in most cases you would expect something specific out of this and hope that his versatility is a good fall back or plan b. Maybe he likes tyrod though- we really don't know

This board would have many awesome discussions if Tebow was brought on to this team to compete for QB.

Bill Polian advised Marv Levy to hire Dick Jauron.

That is where the hair brained idea that ushered in the dark ages came from in the first place.

He told Marv that if Dungy weren't available Jauron would have been his hire to replace Jim Mora. :lol:

The only thing we need from that washed up bag o' dicks is his luck.

Would Jauron have been as bad with better GM over Marv and Russ? Once Schobel retired the team had no pass rush until Mario. The team traded away their all-pro LT who will probably make the HoF someday and then attempted to replace him with utter garbage.

Let's not forget that the guy did go 7-9 with Trent Edwards, JP Losman at QB. Which was better than Gailey with Nix ever did, better than Marrone his first season and just slightly under* Rex Ryan with a supposedly superior roster! Let's also not forget the massive amount of injuries that crippled his teams every season.

Another thing to remember that the owner was on the phone from Detroit every day for hours during the season and helped make his own picks in the draft.

As much as I disliked the guy as the Bills HC I think he would have done so much better in a quality situation.

Edited by Nihilarian

Won in Buffalo, Carolina, and Indy. 6 Superbowl appearances. Thats overrated? LMFAO! This might get the prize for most ridiculous thing Ive read in these threads. Was he three time Nfl executive of the year or was it four?

The game can and does pass you by.