McDermott New HC per JLaCan - new jw tweets re: Whaley & TT

Reed83HOF

So the scenario is as follows: Taylor's option not picked up- he leaves. The Bills replace him with Cardale/Rookie/veteran mediocrity/Kyle Orton clone/douchebag Cutler. The running game slips, point production declines, and the offense regresses badly. Meanwhile, defensive-oriented head coach rebuilds defense- it becomes a top five unit once again.

Result: 7-9......next offseason's narrative is to improve the offense, namely the running game. It makes you want to close the garage door, start up the car, and take a nap!

This is correct. I don't think a top 5 defense, maybe top 10. But the offense...Oh boy these games are going to be boring to watch. My early prediction is 6-10 without knowing who the QB is

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my dear sweet summer child. The drought was 18 years and counting the moment Doug Whaley was retained and spear heading the coaching search.

I agree but I felt like there was a chance to keep some continuity with Lynn and Tyrod on offense the have Bradley fix the defense. That would be good enough for a 10 win season. If Whaley wants to go in this other direction to make a splash that's fine but who the heck is the QB?

I agree but I felt like there was a chance to keep some continuity with Lynn and Tyrod on offense the have Bradley fix the defense. That would be good enough for a 10 win season. If Whaley wants to go in this other direction to make a splash that's fine but who the heck is the QB?

Unless we draft a guy high or get a Rivers, Romo or Brees, I don't see it ending well.

I'd prefer a guy like Cutler in Lynn's system.

Edited by FireChan

So the scenario is as follows: Taylor's option not picked up- he leaves. The Bills replace him with Cardale/Rookie/veteran mediocrity/Kyle Orton clone/douchebag Cutler. The running game slips, point production declines, and the offense regresses badly. Meanwhile, defensive-oriented head coach rebuilds defense- it becomes a top five unit once again.

Result: 7-9......next offseason's narrative is to improve the offense, namely the running game. It makes you want to close the garage door, start up the car, and take a nap!

Sadly, I think this is the most likely scenario.

I don't think you fix things that aren't broken.

Ala the Rex hire and dumping Schwartz.

Why blow up and offense that was top 7 in scoring and historically good at running the ball?

Why do you think this will happen?

Unless we draft a guy high or get a Rivers, Romo or Brees, I don't see it ending well.

I'd prefer a guy like Cutler in Lynn's system.

Cutler? You watch football on Sundays, right? What is it about Cutler that you like...the turnovers, lack of ability to avoid sacks....lack of leadership skills......?

Thank you...I'm not as smart as you are. I'll try to do better

Anyway, the point was that McCoy could absolutely work with a Romo, Brees, Rivers type. If we get a more deficient QB, like Cutler, I'd rather run Lynn's system instead of McCoy's complex passing O, because the ball would be taken more out of the hands of a QB who isn't top 10. Cutty running Lynn's PA offense behind Shady is more congruent with success than him passing 50+ times.

Edited by FireChan

Anyway, the point was that McCoy could absolutely work with a Romo, Brees, Rivers type. If we get a more deficient QB, like Cutler, I'd rather run Lynn's system instead of McCoy's complex passing O, because the ball would be taken more out of the hands of a QB who isn't top 10. Cutty running Lynn's PA offense behind Shady is more congruent with success than him passing 50+ times.

'

Lynn wasn't even running Lynn's system. He was running Greg Roman's offense. He said if he had an off-season he would change it.