OJ Howard at 10 anyone?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our LT, LG and C are good but all are getting up there in age. I hope we start to replenish the talent there. Build a team from the lines out. Dallas is a good example.

Dallas had Romo way before they had this line.

And they drafted Aikman virtually without an OL.

So, yeah, follow their example and get a QB when there's one available that you think has the potential to be a good one.

Not that I'd mind building up the line. If you can do it, great, but QB is always the priority.

Oh, and Glenn is 27. Wood is 30, which means we can expect another two to four years from him at a guess. Incognito is the guy to worry about, at 33, though he's got little wear compared to most guys with the two year vacation he had recently. I'd be more worried about RT than anyone else, then get a guard to develop as well, maybe, in the mid-rounds.

Edited by Thurman#1

Part of the reason that I am okay with Howard as that I view him as our 2nd best pass catching option. We need that role filled next year. He can also help in the running game some and create some mismatches. The 2 TEs has worked for the Pats. Again, it is unconventional but something that I will keep an open-mind about. We need to stop looking at the position and start looking at the role. It is like what has happened in the NBA, position less basketball. Versatility is something to be excited about because it is harder to defend. I am not advocating for Howard but he may be 1 of the 10 best players in this draft and fills a role that the Bills need.

It's a very deep draft for tight ends, meaning you're better off looking for one in the second or third round or later.

And **&%& it all - DRAFT A QB ALREADY.

I'd rather take Jake Butt in the 2nd or 3rd, and M. Williams or a QB in the 1st. Even RT Ramczyk would be a good get at 10.

I like oj but think we have more pressing needs to address in round 1

+1

Plus we are already overpaying a #1 TE. This seems like a luxury pick on a team that will likely need to pick up 2 lbs and 3 dbs just to field a competitive team next year. That's not even touching the QB issue.

Please, no. How many top TEs in the league right now were taken in round 1, much less the top third of round 1? I count zero. This is clearly a position where you can get great production in the lower rounds or even in UDFAs.

• 2 weeks later...

Move Glenn to RT, sign a mid-level WR, draft Howard at 10.

Then defense and a QB project.

Flame away

Better yet trade back and take Howard at 15-17.

Add a pick to rebuild the secondary.

What is the connection between the draft and moving Glenn to RT? Why you'd want to move an excellent LT is beyond me but who plays LT if we move him? You didn't address that in your scenario.

What is the connection between the draft and moving Glenn to RT? Why you'd want to move an excellent LT is beyond me but who plays LT if we move him? You didn't address that in your scenario.

The theory is Kujo can play LT, but not right due to a bad knee. Move Glenn and you solve both spots. Does that work? Not sure..... You never know...