New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

Speculation I am seeing on Twitter is that Whaley wants to Hire McDermott and dump Tyrod whereas the Pegulas want to hire Anthony Lynn and keep Tyrod.

In a power struggle with the Owner, I assume that Whaley will lose. So it looks like it'll be Lynn. Hopefully he can get Gus Bradley for DC

I regrettably just read the Bucky Gleason article linked in this thread and it asserts the opposite of this speculation (Pegs wants McDermott, and Whaley doesn't). :lol: I find it pretty funny

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is only a small bit in difference of talent on the actual football field...We have been modeling the Steelers since Donahoe came here in 2000 - are we going to finally model them right after 17 years?

Sorry, but I very much disagree. Whaley didn't get here until much, much later and after Buddy Nix's first draft, he fired almost every single Scout and Whaley came on board and the following year, the Drafts got better (for the most part, no team is perfect). Additionally, no one needs to mention coach turnover, it's a worn out thread, plus no viable QB (sorry, TT is not the long-term answer) and switching Defensive schemes every 2 years certainly doesn't help....the Bills haven't "modeled" the Steelers almost at all, even the last HC pick has been revealed to have been the owners' choice and not Whaley's. I doubt the Rooneys interfere with making such football decisions. Like every organization or corporation I'm sure the owners are involved, but to essentially override the GM's decision or make one where there is a notable objection, is not how the NFL should be run and only this HC search will show us what kind of the Pegulas will be: learn from their mistakes or be doomed to continuously repeat them.

I think I trust the Buffalo Insiders report more and it makes more sense.

i missed the report... where is it posted?

Btw I'm not saying either is "right" it's just funny they are both posted here and flip flopped who wants who

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yes, but then they have to pay the salary in his contract. If he quits, they don't. With them having to pay Rex 15 million for sitting on his ass the next three years, they maybe trying to force Whaley to quit.

i think that would be really losing sight of the big picture and perspective on how this job may be viewed. I dont think its what is happening but creating a situation that is toxic to save a few bucks would be a pretty terrible plan of attack here and not make much sense.

Edited by NoSaint

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Speculation I am seeing on Twitter is that Whaley wants to Hire McDermott and dump Tyrod whereas the Pegulas want to hire Anthony Lynn and keep Tyrod.

In a power struggle with the Owner, I assume that Whaley will lose. So it looks like it'll be Lynn. Hopefully he can get Gus Bradley for DC

Posted by MADDOG

Edited by horned dogs

he is like the people on facebook who post the 'woe is me' posts, then says nothing else when everyone asks them what is wrong

LOL, yeah, "vaguebooking." I hate that crap so much. Though I'll give JW some credit, at least he's in a business where it's to his advantage to build intrigue. He's not just a bored, dowdy high school ex. (Or maybe he is...?)

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Posted by MADDOG

Source: this thread

Teddy Bridgewater, pick 32

Derek Carr, pick 36

Mariota and Winston go 1 and 2. High quality but needed a high draft pick

Wentz and Goff go 1 and 2.

Dak Prescott goes 135.

2 out of the last 3 drafts had high quality QB prospects available far after top ten.

Go one further and you have a draft where no one should have gone in the first 50 picks... so 2 out of the last 4...

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 32m32 minutes ago
Oh, boy. I'm sure this'll turn out well.
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 26m26 minutes ago
Nothing to report. Yet.
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 23m23 minutes ago
Keep in mind, how the Bills coaching hire has been outlined to me:
Whaley is running the search.
Pegulas have final approval.
John Wawrow
No one's been rejected as far as I know.

well based on these tweets in the order they came out - wawrow is saying that the Pegulas have their guy...but whaley has NOT found his guy.

by saying no one has been rejected, he is saying whaley has not given his recommendation. but by re-stating the coaching hire hierarchy, he is suggesting pegula has someone