New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

We are about to lose our starting S, CB, maybe DT, and two LBers.

On offense, we are losing our #2 WR pretty much for sure. We have no viable backup QB, and if Taylor leaves we have no #1 QB. We're pretty much counting on McCoy staying healthy and just as effective (which RBs just don't do very often) in 2017.

I don't see this as a playoff roster.

That's not to say you can't replace those guys but you only have so many picks and so much $$ under the cap.

I could see 4-12 more easily than 10-6.

Maybe. But Whaley needs to do his job and hit on some draft picks..,and sign some F/A's that will help reload the roster. Pegs is running a business here...it's a terrible business move to concede, blow it up and try to rebuild. He will lose ticket-buyers by the busload. He's seeing how hard it is with his hockey team to rebuild.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

100%

if Tpegs wants to be jerry jones, he can have at it -- no quality GM will want the rug pulled out from under them on all the biggest choices. you have to hire and trust your guys. if thats not whaley, you shouldve canned him too and gone and found someone else.

Itll poison the well. No self respecting football exec or HC will want to work here.

If he wants to make the decisions... just spare us the chirades and make Russ Brandon, Marv Levy, or Buddy Nix the GM again

If Whaley leaves the Bills are in big trouble. Who would want to be GM for a team where the owners overrule you on QB and coach all the time?

You get the blame for decisions that aren't yours. You change schemes at the whim of the owners instead of hiring coaches that can coach the players you drafted.

Maybe. But Whaley needs to do his job and hit on some draft picks..,and sign some F/A's that will help reload the roster. Pegs is running a business here...it's a terrible business move to concede, blow it up and try to rebuild. He will lose ticket-buyers by the busload. He's seeing how hard it is with his hockey team to rebuild.

The problem is worse with a football roster. You need to build a team 53 men deep, plus some for the practice squad.

When a football roster is "meh" and up against age and expiring contracts it's even worse.

I am pretty sure if the Bills made a major front office overhaul and committed to a proper rebuild, 90% or more of the fan base would be behind it. The Sabres' fan-base did and they remained capped at Season tickets throughout the process and even were able to increase prices.

If Whaley leaves the Bills are in big trouble. Who would want to be GM for a team where the owners overrule you on QB and coach all the time?

You get the blame for decisions that aren't yours. You change schemes at the whim of the owners instead of hiring coaches that can coach the players you drafted.

I can think of someone the Pegulas trust who could "reluctantly" step into the GM role to help advise them.

I could see them saying "it works for Jerry Jones in Dallas"

Honestly Jerry and his son have done as well as any GM IMO.

Itll poison the well. No self respecting football exec or HC will want to work here.

If he wants to make the decisions... just spare us the chirades and make Russ Brandon, Marv Levy, or Buddy Nix the GM again

Obviously who knows if that's what is happening here but if it is a situation where ownership is trying to make the decision, it would be a signal to me to lower my own interest in the team.

If you want to make the playoffs in 2017 I think you draft your QB at #10 and hope he's great right away, or go find an impact player to help out now.

That's the exact failing approach taken by QB-needy teams who have over-drafted QBs and seen them flop. There are more first round garbage QBs who were drafted out of desperation than teams want to remember. Bills just happily saw EJ's last game and also did this for JP Losman. This entire premise that a first round QB is a lock is unreal with how many people eat it up. There's isn't a franchise QB in the first round every year and when they are, they're usually a top 5 pick.

You can't keep drafting first round QBs because you value the position rather than value the specific player's skills. This is what set this team back. Let's recall that in the desperate move to trade into the first for Losman, they gave up a first the following year that would have allowed them to draft Rodgers. Ooooops.

Desperation is a stinky cologne that QB-needy teams over-apply.

100%

if Tpegs wants to be jerry jones, he can have at it -- no quality GM will want the rug pulled out from under them on all the biggest choices. you have to hire and trust your guys. if thats not whaley, you shouldve canned him too and gone and found someone else.

Happy wife, happy life. I doubt its the Terry Pegula I've seen at the podium who is insisting on making these calls.

Maybe Pegs wants Whaley out. If he overrules him again, he gets the coach he wants, Whaley resigns meaning Pegs doesn't have to pay him.

That would be beautiful, but he never should've extended him in the first place doh.

That's the exact failing approach taken by QB-needy teams who have over-drafted QBs and seen them flop. There are more first round garbage QBs who were drafted out of desperation than teams want to remember. Bills just happily saw EJ's last game and also did this for JP Losman. This entire premise that a first round QB is a lock is unreal with how many people eat it up. There's isn't a franchise QB in the first round every year and when they are, they're usually a top 5 pick.

You can't keep drafting first round QBs because you value the position rather than value the specific player's skills. This is what set this team back. Let's recall that in the desperate move to trade into the first for Losman, they gave up a first the following year that would have allowed them to draft Rodgers. Ooooops.

Desperation is a stinky cologne that QB-needy teams over-apply.

Yes and it is reasonable to ask the question, are the colleges, in the last couple years, producing NFL franchise guys as much? Edited by horned dogs

Happy wife, happy life. I doubt its the Terry Pegula I've seen at the podium who is insisting on making these calls.

Ha! Well, we can debate that but like whether it was Rex or robs fault, one might ask what's the difference in the end

And I'll again tag the disclaimer that who knows if this is what jw was saying so only talking in hypotheticals

Yes and it is reasonable to ask the question, are the colleges, in the last couple years, producing NFL franchise guys theses days?

Next question would be "is the NFL adapting to the nature of the college pipeline"

An interesting discussion of its own being what the innovation in store would be and if set in their ways coaches are missing some opportunity that is out there maybe

Ha! Well, we can debate that but like whether it was Rex or robs fault, one might ask what's the difference in the end

And I'll again tag the disclaimer that who knows if this is what jw was saying so only talking in hypotheticals

Next question would be "is the NFL adapting to the nature of the college pipeline"

An interesting discussion of its own being what the innovation in store would be and if set in their ways coaches are missing some opportunity that is out there maybe

Shame it's come to this if true. Unsurprising though. The writing was on the wall.

but do you get a top 10 qb AND pay taylor for 2 years (if not 3 with it still being a 10m cap hit to cut him after 2)

I wouldn't think so. I think that TP is okay with Taylor for at least 2 years. Maybe he is okay with a 1st round QB too? I don't know why we have to be talking about what an owner is okay with or not okay with on the field?