New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

If this is true, then we are truly screwed. Im no Whaley fan... but if Pegula wants to interject with every decision, the Bills are in worse shape than ever. It is like we have a younger, less knowledgeable Ralph Wilson

I dunno. The structure does seem crazy, but keeping Taylor is without a doubt the smart move, no? I'm factoring in context here. I still they should draft a qb early.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He doesn't report rumors, he reports facts. And does quite a bit of footwork to verify his stories.

You're basically bitching that he's a reporter and not a gossip columnist.

Gotta agree.

The guys who run with rumors or do single-source reporting are the ones who break a story. They're also the ones who misinform us time and time again.

JW might not be the fastest with breaking news but he gets the facts straight far more often than many others.

But these tweets are kind of weird. If he's got something to say, say it clearly. If not, why not be quiet?

Edited by hondo in seattle

I dunno. The structure does seem crazy, but keeping Taylor is without a doubt the smart move, no? I'm factoring in context here. I still they should draft a qb early.

This is kind of my thoughts. I think that it is more about the QB than the coach. The Pegula's are not looking to bottom out and it seems like Whaley is okay hitting the reset button.

As critical as I've been of Whaley, maybe it hasn't been fair. Maybe people above him who have no clue about football are constantly overruling him and sticking their hands in football decisions...

That doesn't mean he's good at being a GM but who knows when Russ then Terry/Kim keep doing whatever they want and expecting him to clean up the messes.

If there's any validity in the specualtion that the Pegula's favor a different candidate from the one Whaley prefers, they just need to fire Whaley and be done with it. He's a snake and not to be trusted anyhow- get him out of here before he sets this franchise back another number of years. He wants a coach he can control, not the most qualified. This is after having undermined the last two- leaking dirt on them, etc..

I do not agree.

I don't believe the Bills are close at all, and are better off cutting the line and going all out on finally rebuilding. This drought is largely a byproduct of continually trying to patch a systemically leaky boat each season. They need to go all out and find the QB and build/continue to build in the trenches.

I don't think this team is only a matter of 'fix the defense' away from competing. It will be something else. I don't see the offense replicating this season. Everytime McCoy gets tackled I hold my breath. Taylor is a liability, as a running QB, he takes a lot more hits than a QB should take. They have a major hole at WR and are largely one-dimensional.

Edited by May Day 10

This is kind of my thoughts. I think that it is more about the QB than the coach. The Pegula's are not looking to bottom out and it seems like Whaley is okay hitting the reset button.

Then I'm ok with the Pegula's plan if true. It's foolish IMO to bottom out, "tank" or hit the reset button. Whatever you wanna call it?!? The team was 7-9 and is not THAT bad. Fix the D, get another receiver in here....the offense can very good. Draft another QB and develop Cardale but there's no reason this team has to start over on offense. With some tweaks they can make the playoffs in 2017. They aren't the Bears, Browns and 49ers....at least Pegula gets that.

If there's any validity in the specualtion that the Pegula's favor a different candidate from the one Whaley prefers, they just need to fire Whaley and be done with it. He's a snake and not to be trusted anyhow- get him out of here before he sets this franchise back another number of years. He wants a coach he can control, not the most qualified. This is after having undermined the last two- leaking dirt on them, etc..

I actually think that it is the EXACT opposite of this. Whaley wants the guy that he, the football guy, thinks is most qualified to run the football team. If he is in fact heading the search as has been reported why are they overruling him? You either trust him to make the decision or you get someone else to do it. Just to be clear, candidates aren't going to be lining up to be undermined by the Pegulas.

Then I'm ok with the Pegula's plan if true. It's foolish IMO to bottom out, "tank" or hit the reset button. Whatever you wanna call it?!? The team was 7-9 and is not THAT bad. Fix the D, get another receiver in here....the offense can very good. Draft another QB and develop Cardale but there's no reason this team has to start over on offense. With some tweaks they can make the playoffs in 2017. They aren't the Bears, Browns and 49ers....at least Pegula gets that.

Agreed

Because a rebuild gives him cover - he'd have a ready-made excuse for next year's debacle.

There's some truth to this as well.

We are about to lose our starting S, CB, maybe DT, and two LBers.

On offense, we are losing our #2 WR pretty much for sure. We have no viable backup QB, and if Taylor leaves we have no #1 QB. We're pretty much counting on McCoy staying healthy and just as effective (which RBs just don't do very often) in 2017.

I don't see this as a playoff roster.

That's not to say you can't replace those guys but you only have so many picks and so much $$ under the cap.

I could see 4-12 more easily than 10-6. Maybe Whaley agrees and wants to be proactive by making some painful moves now.

Edited by TheFunPolice

but do you get a top 10 qb AND pay taylor for 2 years (if not 3 with it still being a 10m cap hit to cut him after 2)

The Sabres tried the go for it approach with a failed roster when Pegulas bought the team. They signed Ehrhoff, Ville Leino, etc. They crashed and burned and started rebuilding after that failed.

This current Bills roster does not have a QB that can win a playoff game. There is nothing to save here.

I actually think that it is the EXACT opposite of this. Whaley wants the guy that he, the football guy, thinks is most qualified to run the football team. If he is in fact heading the search as has been reported why are they overruling him? You either trust him to make the decision or you get someone else to do it. Just to be clear, candidates aren't going to be lining up to be undermined by the Pegulas.

100%

if Tpegs wants to be jerry jones, he can have at it -- no quality GM will want the rug pulled out from under them on all the biggest choices. you have to hire and trust your guys. if thats not whaley, you shouldve canned him too and gone and found someone else.