Pegulas reportedly expressed remorse for benching Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's supposed to be about winning. Resting players for the playoffs when you have earned that luxury is about winning. Losing is never acceptable under any circumstances. Maybe I am off base. Ask a winner.

If not playing Tyrod allows them to improve at the QB position by not being stuck with him orjust keeping him healthy , then it's a decision made with winning as the goal.

It's supposed to be about winning. Resting players for the playoffs when you have earned that luxury is about winning. Losing is never acceptable under any circumstances. Maybe I am off base. Ask a winner.

While I agree with some points that losing on purpose changes a players mentality, and that players aren't going to lay down because the tape is their resume (especially with our number of free agents), but I don't think playing Tyrod that game would have been smart on any level. We were out of the playoffs, we need to make a huge decision on Tyrod, we need to evaluate EJ Manuel one last time, it just wasn't worth it to play Tyrod. I feel like Lynn, and Tyrod should both understand this. It was a meaningless game.

Reminiscent of that Food Network show where the chef needs to incorporate a totally inappropriate ingredient into the recipe. EJ Manuel = the Cup of Cilantro in the Chocolate Cake.

I was talking about games 3-15 not game 16. Game 16 was charade.

nobody really gives 2 ***** what you think......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

180 TG

And of those teams, 3 scored more points than the Bills. Raiders were 7th, Packers 4th, and Falcons 1st.

Also, FWIW 4 of the top 5 scoring defenses are in the playoffs, 5 of the top 7, and 6 of the top 10.

50% of playoffs teams have a top 10 scoring defense.

Maybe so and that's expected but it still doesn't change the fact 25% of playoff defenses gave up more points than the "worst ever" Bills, so it can be done and was done.

Edited by old school

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

180 TG

Maybe so and that's expected but it still doesn't change the fact 25% of playoff defenses gave up more points than the "worst ever" Bills.

It also doesn't change that 58.33% of playoff offenses scored the same or fewer points than the Bills who "couldn't score when necessary".

The Bills and Steelers both scored 399 points but Tyrod's the "problem"

He's definitely not a problem but he's also not a QB that can win a close game. He's proven that. With a killer defense he'd get a team to the playoffs - absolutely believe that. If he needs to lead the last drive into a score - he's not your guy. That happens a lot in the NFL. So there's the conundrum.

If the Bills let TT go, and he gets on a team with a strong defense and a coach who can walk the walk and not just talk the talk, he'll have a SB ring next year. And the comments on this board will be 10 times as acrid as this year's.

TT can be a real weapon. Let him put up his 24 or 28 points per game, every game, and if the defense is doing its job and keeping the other team under control, the team wins 10 or 12 games. The thing is, he's shown that without good receivers he's not going to be able to bring a team back from a deficit. Some QBs can do that, but they're all spoken for. I think it would be better to keep him like a point guard, not a shooting guard. Let the team win, and stop expecting miracles from our QB because we aren't going to have a miracle worker.

I think it's a major mistake to let TT go.

At the same time, it's fine with me he was benched. The Bills players didn't lose on purpose but I'm glad for the organization they're drafting 10th and not 19th.

If the Bills let TT go, and he gets on a team with a strong defense and a coach who can walk the walk and not just talk the talk, he'll have a SB ring next year. And the comments on this board will be 10 times as acrid as this year's.

TT can be a real weapon. Let him put up his 24 or 28 points per game, every game, and if the defense is doing its job and keeping the other team under control, the team wins 10 or 12 games. The thing is, he's shown that without good receivers he's not going to be able to bring a team back from a deficit. Some QBs can do that, but they're all spoken for. I think it would be better to keep him like a point guard, not a shooting guard. Let the team win, and stop expecting miracles from our QB because we aren't going to have a miracle worker.

I think it's a major mistake to let TT go.

At the same time, it's fine with me he was benched. The Bills players didn't lose on purpose but I'm glad for the organization they're drafting 10th and not 19th.

I have the feeling that TT will be with the Broncos next year if the Bills do not pick up option or they do not re-negotiate contract.

I have the feeling that TT will be with the Broncos next year if the Bills do not pick up option or they do not re-negotiate contract.

Be a great place for him depending on what Elway thinks of Lynch. If it's an open QB competition I think Tyrod wins it in camp and the Broncos are a serious contender again.

Why would you think that with Kubiak now retired?

Regardless of who is coach he makes running game way better, makes plays, doesn't turn ball over, can get it deep to Thomas. He's perfect for them because of their defense.

Why would you think that with Kubiak now retired?

Of course, it will depend in part on who the next Denver coach is, but I suspect that Elway is still interested . . . depending on price. I also suspect that TT may be willing to take less to play there than he would take to play somewhere else (given Denver's recent history).

Be a great place for him depending on what Elway thinks of Lynch. If it's an open QB competition I think Tyrod wins it in camp and the Broncos are a serious contender again.

Regardless of who is coach he makes running game way better, makes plays, doesn't turn ball over, can get it deep to Thomas. He's perfect for them because of their defense.

He might be but Trevor Siemian should have been perfect for them too but it wasn't enough. He had comparable numbers in terms of fine for a team with a staunch defense. However Denver wasn't the defense of 2015 so they'd have to return to form to be able to absorb Taylor too.

He might be but Trevor Siemian should have been perfect for them too but it wasn't enough. He had comparable numbers in terms of fine for a team with a staunch defense. However Denver wasn't the defense of 2015 so they'd have to return to form to be able to absorb Taylor too.

Siemian stinks imo. Just flat out stinks. Like Osweiler stinks.

I gotta disagree with some of this. But love the idea of the Buffalo Bills finding their own Parcells!, err Bill Belichick!

In regards to Robert Kraft and Parcells, as it wasn't Kraft who hired Parcells as he only owned the stadium at that point in time. It was James Orthwein who owned the team and hired Parcells by offering him to be the GM and HC. Old Bill was hired in 1993 and Kraft bought the team in 1994. Parcells did build a 2-14 team into a playoff team in two years as his first year he went 6-10 and in the second went 10-6 losing a WC round. In another two seasons, Parcells had a SB team with Drew Bledsoe at QB.

After that SB In 1996 Bill Parcells wanted to leave the Patriots but alas his contract stated that he couldn't coach anywhere else in the NFL. To circumvent this the Jets hired Parcells as a "consultant" and then hired Bill Belichick to be the Jets HC. At this point, NE started a legal action and that is when the league stepped in and brokered a deal between the teams allowing Parcells to be the Jets HC.

What's crazy is Bill Parcells coaching staff with the NY Jets in 1997. OC Charlie Weis, DC Bill Belichick, D-line coach Romeo Crennel, Al Groh LBer coach, Todd Haley offensive assistant, QC, Eric Mangini defensive assistant, QC. BTW, Parcells was also the GM with the Jets too.

The 1996 NY Jets went 1-15 and with Parcells as GM, HC they went 9-7 in his first year. Playoffs the second season going 12-4 to the AFC championship game. In 1999 the Jets went 8-8 and Parcells wanted to retire leaving Belichick as the new HC. Instead the Patriots, Robert Kraft made him a better offer and he bolted to the Patriots.

Pete Carroll as the Patriots HC inherited a solid team and went 10-6, to 9-7, to 8-8 and with an opportunity to hire Belichick away from the NY Jets Kraft fired Carroll and hired Bill. Anyway, at that point in time, Carroll isn't the man he is today.

Robert Kraft is a brilliant man who knew who to hire to build a powerhouse team and he did that and then stood back and let Belichick do just that.

At one point Ralph Wilson knew who to hire to bolster his floundering team and save him from needing to sell it. Chuck Knox was fired in LA for the failure of not reaching a SB. However, Knox had won five straight NFC West championships and his teams lost three NFC Championship games. Knox didn't come cheap and was one of the highest paid coaches in the league in Buffalo.

On this note, I might add that Knox basically had complete autonomy in choosing his players and building his team his way. Stew Barber was the Bills GM at the time and Knox had the power of player personnel over him. Knox also brought his director of player personnel with him from the Rams in Norm Pollom and it was Norm who later on recommended hiring Bill Polian. Another interesting note was that Wilson didn't meddle with Knox as he did in other years. He stepped back and allowed Chuck to build a playoff team.

The 2017 Buffalo Bills are so dysfunctional that they may need to clean sweep the entire front office, scouting department, doctors, trainers and hire all new top people. This includes Russ Brandom because he will probably always stick his nose in football affairs or be leaking things to the press. The Pegula's need to hire a team president of football operations who should then hire his own GM, HC. Also, the owners should stay in the background and allow the football man to do his job.

Just fixing one aspect of the team isn't going to build a Super Bowl contending team. It's not just about the QB, the HC, the OC, the DC. It all starts at the top!

If these new owners ever want to actually compete with the Patriots they will need to hire someone who is capable of doing just that. Look at the top five teams in the playoffs and hire a GM from one of them and promote him to be the team president of football operations. I keep going back to Green Bay's GM Ted Thompson who is not only the teams GM but also an executive VP, director of football operations. If he won't come to Buffalo then perhaps hire Eliot Wolf to Bills GM who is the Packers director of football operations for Green Bay.

Great post!