Bills' Player to Tyler Dunne: Rob Ryan was the Problem on D

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another example of posters on this board being smarter than the Bills' front office.

PTR, you listening? Lots of folks here predicted this would happen when Rob was hired (I was not one of them).

I've got a gold star for you.

And I thought that Rex completely ruined this defense. If this is true, Rex was even more stupid than I thought.

The only thing that gives me hesitation is that immediately the defense played better. The first month Rob was here the Bills won four straight games and the Red zone defense which he was put in charge of was at the top of the league. Not sticking up for Rob in any way, he and Rex together screwed over this defense and this team and this season and I'm thrilled they're gone. But I'd really like to know who this one guy was, and whether his teammates agreed with him.

Yes and at the 1/2 way point the Bills lead the league in sacks and that too disappeared at the end. The pressure just disappeared.

I think we were really great through November. Then, started to nose dive for the rest of the season.

Not necessarily defending Rob Ryan, but that seems to coincide with all the injuries at safety.

Both might be true. If he were mixing man with zone and reacting to the offense, Aaron Williams could possibly have been the field general Jim-Leonard-type who got everyone into position, so it was confusing, but they made it work. When Aaron went out, without the field general to get everyone in place, everyone was confused.

Yet another example of posters on this board being smarter than the Bills' front office.

PTR, you listening? Lots of folks here predicted this would happen when Rob was hired (I was not one of them).

I was but I can't take credit. Rob Ryan has always been a terrible DC and it is not surprising our defense played so poorly

I was but I can't take credit. Rob Ryan has always been a terrible DC and it is not surprising our defense played so poorly

It is surprising because we were told he was an advisor. Then kinda worked with LBs.

He was not supposed to be the DC !

Even his brother must have known he was not good at that role. Rex is many things, but stupid is not one of them.

I am surprised this happened, if true.