Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about this, the more likely that Lynn is going to be the guy. Who in the world would accept this job with the QB position in flux? Lynn probably has been "privy" to some discussions about the future direction and likely had a lot of input on TT's play, especially if they started moving on in October.

If the Bills have alternate plans for the QB, I also don't think it's wise to disclose it to the other candidates because you don't want to telegraph it to guys who will be part of other franchises.

Yup, not clean at all.

Yea I agree if that's the plan.

Doesn't make sense from Whaleys end though. If the team goes 4-12 him and the new coach will be hitting the road I think.

Still I can't sit through a tank season again. I'll be doing something else on Sunday's next year.

That's why the TT decision is weird. If Whaley thinks that he's better off without TT in 2017, he's wrong. The decision to move on from TT would have to be "he can get us to the playoffs but you can't win a title with him so we need to start over." In no way can it be "we are going to improve our offense in 2017 with ______ under center."

If Whaley wants to be 4-12 and ready to turn the corner in 2018 that's a different story. I cannot imagine that he will make it to 2018 if that's the case.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Well that's what that is essentially.

If your going for a full rebuild Whaley should be fired now. Pegula doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Or maybe he does. Maybe he figures let the unpopular current GM take the heat of a 3-13 season.

After all, everyone knows this is all on Whaley now. Notice they even stressed how Russ 9Team President) has nothing to do with it? When do you ever see or hear that?

So if the team goes 3-13 or 4-12 everyone will blame Whaley, and Pegula can fire him and bring in all new people and the fans will be excited. He'll also have a top 3 pick. Meanwhile nobody is angry at Russ.

Pegula knows exactly what he is doing.

which is exactly what the plan was to do here, except that Rex decided he could build a better defence.....

Not a bad plan. With a real coach. Oh Rexy, we coulda been a contender!

Edited by Dopey

Why is Washington letting Cousins go again? They've been pretty clear that he will be there.

Franchising him two years in a row will be very costly, and they can't afford it. Right now they want a home team discount and Cousins is saying not gonna happen.

So, it's a good possibility he's a FA soon.

Kirk Cousins from Washington

Pierre Garcon comes along with Kirk at WR.

DeSean Jackson from Washington follows as well

Matt Kallil at Tackle.

Offense solved.

All with 46 million in cap...? Cousins will take up at least 20 probably closer to 25 unless you're guaranteeing 60 million. Those 2 WRs are at least 6 per. Thats low end 32. And a LT coming off his rookie deal.

We wouldn't have enough cap to fill otu a roster, let alone pay our rookies... PIPE DREAM

And it doesn't address the side of the ball where we ranked 26th in DVOA - our defense. That has more holes anyway.

Edited by dneveu

I can only imagine the HC interviews going on right now. If I'm Goodwin, McDermott, whomever, I want to know what their plan is at QB. Right now they have a complete project of a QB and nothing more if they're going this route. And I'm sure any prospective HC knows what they pulled on Marrone just 3 years ago when Fitzpatrick was cut and the new HC was left with what we knew after 2013 was a guy who couldn't play in EJM.

TT is a limited passer with poor field vision and they can improve the position. But this is so Bills...get rid of your only option, having nothing waiting in the wings, and hope the next guy is good enough.

What is it Doug Whaley does again?

He will get more than $30M guaranteed on the open market.

This is why the injury/contract stuff is pure BS. Taylor will break the bank as a FA. Why on earth would he sue the Bills when he can pick his team and make 3X what the Bills owe him?

Maybe we don't get pantsed by every .500 team w the Rb at qb tho. Win.

If we would have a decent defense this year we would have been in the playoffs.

The problem was the defense. We lost 6 games this year when we scored 24 points. That's ridiculous.

They will when TT gets there.

They gonna draft mixon/fournette/cook ?

withhhhhhhhh...oh yeah we have no one to do that!

Free agency/NFL draft occurs before next season

The run game will suffer and the offense as a whole will be worse.

I'll guarantee it. Who is replacing him?

Couple that with the FAs and they will be lucky to win 5 games next year.

Good. Let's get off this 8-8 machine before year 20. Edited by Ryan L Billz

Get a room with him already. Try reaching out through the twitters.

I'll bash him until he resembles a good qb. Bills are better off with without him.

Free speech kid.

Complete w bogus TT excuse. Root for the Bills not one player please.

screw you please

I can only imagine the HC interviews going on right now. If I'm Goodwin, McDermott, whomever, I want to know what their plan is at QB. Right now they have a complete project of a QB and nothing more if they're going this route. And I'm sure any prospective HC knows what they pulled on Marrone just 3 years ago when Fitzpatrick was cut and the new HC was left with what we knew after 2013 was a guy who couldn't play in EJM.

TT is a limited passer with poor field vision and they can improve the position. But this is so Bills...get rid of your only option, having nothing waiting in the wings, and hope the next guy is good enough.

What is it Doug Whaley does again?

So, so Billsy.

Franchising him two years in a row will be very costly, and they can't afford it. Right now they want a home team discount and Cousins is saying not gonna happen.

They will franchise him again if need be (even if it's expensive). They are hoping to put a long-term deal together. They are not letting him hit FA. They will tag him no matter what. MAYBE they try to trade him for a king's ransom at that point but I doubt it. Teams don't let QBs walk in FA... Edited by Kirby Jackson

How can they not afford it? The skins cap situation is excellent.