Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

The tweet says Taylor's time up in Buffalo ?

Question mark.

Barbarian already blessed Darnold. Too late.

Is Tyrod Taylor's time in Buffalo over?

When the Bills didn't play quarterback Tyrod Taylor in their regular-season finale on Sunday against the New York Jets, it sent the message that the team does not intend to pick up the $15.5 million option bonus in his contract that they have until March 11 to exercise.

Picking up the option would guarantee Taylor $30.75 million over the life of the contract, tying him to Buffalo for the next five seasons, and the Bills don't have any intention of paying it.

Buffalo is instead planning to move on from Taylor, despite the fact that their scoring has increased dramatically since he arrived. The year before he got to Buffalo, the Bills were 26th, and they've been 10th and 11th the two years he has started. He's clearly a huge part of the difference.

He was also seventh in Total QBR last year, and ninth this year. People in that company get major dollars.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

If this is true Whaley just punched his ticket out of town. Next year we will be lucky to win 5 games.

Yeah - Just don't know how we improve with all of these Free agents...

QBs - TT and EJ gone

RBs - Bush, Felton

WRs - Woods, Hunter, Goodwin, Harvin, Tate... so all of them except watkins

TEs - Gragg - just a guy

Oline - Mills is gone

D-line - Bryant and Douzable, possibly kyle

LBs - z brown, lorax, Mccray, humber

Secondary - White, Gilmore, and all the safeties assuming we cut graham and awilliams retires.

By my count we need at least 1 QB, 4 wr's, probably a TE, a RT, probably 2 or 3 d-linemen, 2 lb's, at least 1 starting corner, and 4 safeties.

How do you draft and sign people to fill all that.. and improve.

Yea I agree if that's the plan.

Doesn't make sense from Whaleys end though. If the team goes 4-12 him and the new coach will be hitting the road I think.

Still I can't sit through a tank season again. I'll be doing something else on Sunday's next year.

If that is indeed the plan it means the Pegulas are on board with it and would exercise patience with Whaley and a new coaching staff. I'm not exactly buying that they plan on going with a rebuilding effort.

QBs - TT and EJ gone

RBs - Bush, Felton

TEs - Gragg - just a guy

Oline - Mills is gone

Secondary - White, Gilmore, and all the safeties assuming we cut graham and awilliams retires.

By my count we need at least 1 QB, 4 wr's, probably a TE, a RT, probably 2 or 3 d-linemen, 2 lb's, at least 1 starting corner, and 4 safeties.

I wonder if Pegula kept Whaley on knowing what next season will look like, and figured it would be best to let the current guy take the hit then let someone else come in and build with the high pick.

Wouldn't be the first time he's done it.

If that is indeed the plan it means the Pegulas are on board with it and would exercise patience with Whaley and a new coaching staff. I'm not exactly buying that they plan on going with a rebuilding effort.

I like you just dont get it. Whaley spent 5 minutes talking abouy how "close" we are. How we were almost there vs the Seahawks and the Raiders (and I agree actually). So logically being that close we blow everything up? Billsy.

Is Tyrod Taylor's time in Buffalo over?

When the Bills didn't play quarterback Tyrod Taylor in their regular-season finale on Sunday against the New York Jets, it sent the message that the team does not intend to pick up the $15.5 million option bonus in his contract that they have until March 11 to exercise.

Picking up the option would guarantee Taylor $30.75 million over the life of the contract, tying him to Buffalo for the next five seasons, and the Bills don't have any intention of paying it.

Buffalo is instead planning to move on from Taylor, despite the fact that their scoring has increased dramatically since he arrived. The year before he got to Buffalo, the Bills were 26th, and they've been 10th and 11th the two years he has started. He's clearly a huge part of the difference.

He was also seventh in Total QBR last year, and ninth this year. People in that company get major dollars.

Sitting an injured player and improving your draft pick by 5 slots did not play into the decision.

QBs - TT and EJ gone

RBs - Bush, Felton

TEs - Gragg - just a guy

Oline - Mills is gone

Kirk Cousins from Washington

Pierre Garcon comes along with Kirk at WR.

DeSean Jackson from Washington follows as well

Matt Kallil at Tackle.

Offense solved.

I like you just dont get it. Whaley spent 5 minutes talking abouy how "close" we are. How we were almost there vs the Seahawks and the Raiders (and I agree actually). So logically being that close we blow everything up? Billsy.

He hovered around 31st in passing all year long. Easy decision.

He didn't even look like an NFL Qb in the "playoff hunt games" vs Pitt and Oak.

tyrod to denver and they will crush the west

They don't have a dominant run game. Prob won't

Believe what you want, but I'd be surprised he'd make this up and put it out there like that.

Sorry, posting from my phone. It's in his twitter and Billsdaily is all over it

I'm not giving an opinion on this.

Oh wait, Dooooooommmmmmmeeeddddd!

If this is true, then I don't see us retaining Lynn either. If Lynn was to become the next coach, I'm sure he would want some continuity. It's going to be an interesting offseason...