Tom Coughlin don't like Doug Whaley.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm Whaley I bring Coughlin in today and talk to him.

Absolutely. He can be the token over the hill interviewee,

All logical and reasonable and likely assumptions. See this isn't so hard people!

And the key to it all is the 1st part you wrote: "Herein lies the problem, they feed off each others stories as if the previous one were true".

The swap for each other as anonymous sources (not counting the towel boy who pulls notes out of garbage) so of course they do!

Whaley needs to go. Too much negative stuff around him

Most of it comes from press and their fanboys on social media - you want press determining GM knowing they will never be happy?

Now it's VIC! All of TBN, Peter King, Mike Greenberg, Greg Bedard, Jason Cole, Laconforna, Bill Polian and on and on and everyone that speaks out or writes an article gets bashed on here.

Exactly. Every single person in the media is wrong and an idiot according to most here. It's ridiculous. This franchise has done NOTHING right the past 17 years yet Bills fans just can't handle hearing anyone rip on this "storied" franchise that deserves zero benefit of the doubt. Amazing how many thin skinned Bills fans there are. Hint - you can love this team and still acknowledge that they are a dumpster fire. Some just aren't capable of of separating the two.

Exactly. Every single person in the media is wrong and an idiot according to most here. It's ridiculous. This franchise has done NOTHING right the past 17 years yet Bills fans just can't handle hearing anyone rip on this "storied" franchise that deserves zero benefit of the doubt. Amazing how many thin skinned Bills fans there are. Hint - you can love this team and still acknowledge that they are a dumpster fire. Some just aren't capable of of separating the two.

Nothing? They've done NOTHING right?

Does any other reporter have the connection to Polian that Carucci has? My guess is no. That's not to say that Polian is fair - he clearly doesn't like Whaley.

He clearly DON'T like Whaley. He clearly DO like him some Frank Reich.

Edited by Tenhigh

I guess that's why he thinks the coverage is fair. :D

It's funny to me how people think both the GM and the HC absolutely suck yet the team has basically had a .500 record the past 2 years. If both of them were horrible at their jobs there's no way the team wins half their games.

Somebody has to have some clue what they're doing, right?

There is a difference between attributing to "one Bills player" and totally unattributed "unnamed source." If Carucci had said, for example, "an unnamed source within the League Office told us...." that adds weight to the story and the thing is he must know that as an experienced journalist of some years standing - so why did he not push his guy for that level of attribution?

And that is part of what I hate about the modern sports media business. It is the same over here.... guys start using one another as verified sources. It's just crap journalism. You learn about sources and stages of removal..... using a journalist reporting something from a totally non attributed "unnamed source" as a source for further dissemination is just bad journalism. There is no getting around that.

Problem is PFT is a blog. I don't think they claim to be journalists. Which is possibly pushing trained journalists to cut corners to keep up w/the clicks for ad dollars.

Problem is PFT is a blog. I don't think they claim to be journalists. Which is possibly pushing trained journalists to cut corners to keep up w/the clicks for ad dollars.

Florio (on PFT) actually addresses this issue (sort of) in this piece on Richard Sherman today: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/05/richard-sherman-denounces-click-based-media/

I guess that's why he thinks the coverage is fair. :D

It's funny to me how people think both the GM and the HC absolutely suck yet the team has basically had a .500 record the past 2 years. If both of them were horrible at their jobs there's no way the team wins half their games.

Somebody has to have some clue what they're doing, right?

They're Even Steven over the last THREE years...is that good? No, not at all. Is it a dumpster fire? NO. But they have a BETTER win pct. since 2014 than 14 other teams. And they're tied with two others. So what does that tell you? They're exceedingly average since 2014, since the year we know--definitively--Doug Whaley has been steering the ship. We've won 24 games in that stretch. Five teams have won 15 or fewer.

Nobody here is satisfied with continuous mediocrity. But Jesus, let's be honest with what it is. And abject failure it is not.

And the 17 years thing is silly. How long have the Pegulas owned the team. If you don't start the clock there you are just angry and looking to complain. I get being angry, it's a real emotion, but you also have to keep one foot in the real world. Hate Ralph if you want, it is thru no fault of our current owners (who saved the team, keeping them in WNY against tough odds).