Tom Coughlin don't like Doug Whaley.

Guys, GUYS! So, Kelly totally threw her jello at Jenny at lunch today. But she missed Jenny and hit Lisa. Now Lisa is PISSED and totally hates Kelly too. I heard from someone (again NOT TELLING WHO) that Lisa and Jenny are going to team up and get Mr. Blake to fail Kelly in science. I also heard from someone that Mr. Blake is totally going to do it! Everyone hates Kelly and she's going to get kicked out of school!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not one of you who, if you were in Whaley's place, and have your first genuine no one else but me chance of completely getting your guy and getting your roster, would choose Coughlin. Not one.

And any of you who are about to post he would or I would if I cared about winning, are lying. ;)

Of course not. But does that mean he's getting the best person for the job?

Of course not. But does that mean he's getting the best person for the job?

No. He's not. It's possible that he is limiting his potential.

But he's not. I wouldn't at all mind Coughlin as a coach. I would very much mind Coughlin as a coach and de facto GM, too, or having final say on the 53. This year, and most years, there are very few if any guys you would want who both shop and cook. Probably zero. The vast majority of HCs do no prove to be good personnel men, too. There just isn't time to do both 80 hour a week jobs.

No. He's not. It's possible that he is limiting his potential.

But he's not. I wouldn't at all mind Coughlin as a coach. I would very much mind Coughlin as a coach and de facto GM, too, or having final say on the 53. This year, and most years, there are very few if any guys you would want who both shop and cook. Probably zero. The vast majority of HCs do no prove to be good personnel men, too. There just isn't time to do both 80 hour a week jobs.

I'd like Coughlin -- talk about a culture change! -- but I know it's not going to happen. Lynn is alright by me for one very basic reason: like Coughlin, he's a Parcells guy. Parcells's acolytes comprise the greatest coaching tree in the history of the NFL by far.

one of the criteria for the next coach is someone who will be her 10 to 15 years. Coughlin doesn't meet that criteria.

I'm pretty sure that Whaley was talking about a perfect world scenario, as in, "Of course, if we had our druthers, we would want a guy here for 10-15 years." If there is a short term fix of clearly better coach but short term, a Coughlin-type, they would jump at it. There were be little reason not to.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I'm pretty sure that Whaley was talking about a perfect world scenario, as in, "Of course, if we had our druthers, we would want a guy here for 10-15 years." If there is a short term fix of clearly better coach but short term, a Coughlin-type, they would jump at it. There were be little reason not to.

As long as his replacement is brought in as a coordinator to work under/with him.

Guys, GUYS! So, Kelly totally threw her jello at Jenny at lunch today. But she missed Jenny and hit Lisa. Now Lisa is PISSED and totally hates Kelly too. I heard from someone (again NOT TELLING WHO) that Lisa and Jenny are going to team up and get Mr. Blake to fail Kelly in science. I also heard from someone that Mr. Blake is totally going to do it! Everyone hates Kelly and she's going to get kicked out of school!

I'm fairly certain you could submit this as your writing sample and be hired at the Buffalo News.

Two-time Super Bowl-winning coach Tom Coughlin was thought to be a leading candidate to join the Bills either as a coach and/or someone who would oversee their football operations, but the Bills had yet to reach out to him as of Tuesday, The News learned. A source said it was unlikely Coughlin would interview with the team because of his discomfort with working with Whaley. Link http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/03/bills-scheduled-interview-mcdermott-wednesday/

Continued lazy "reporting" by BN. This snippet was taken virtually word-for-word from JLC's piece on CBS the other day predicting the landing spots for various coaches among the 6 openings.

Isn't it funny how the local media never seems to break a story regarding the Bills?

Edited by 2003Contenders

Continued lazy "reporting" by BN. This snippet was taken virtually word-for-word from JLC's piece on CBS the other day predicting the landing spots for various coaches among the 6 openings.

Isn't it funny how the local media never seems to break a story regarding the Bills?

See the previous page. Connect the dots.

No, no, you aren't getting it. The media is never wrong. It's the teams that are dysfunctional when they don't do what the media says they will.

Oh. I feel stupid now.

So the truth is...

Coughlin was the front-runner. Then he and DW both remembered they don't like each other. So now he's not interested.

A Lynn was also the front-runner. But then he saw the DW presser and remembered he didn't like DW so then he wasn't interested. But today he's interviewing anyway.

And everyone across the nation agrees that the Bills are the most dysfunctional team in the NFL although a PFT poll says it's overwhelmingly either the 49ers or Browns.

People aren't connecting some fairly obvious dots here. https://www.amazon.com/GAME-PLAN-BILL-POLIAN/dp/1600789811. Look at who Polian wrote the book with (click on the cover to blow it up and see.)

Isn't it kinda obvious?? Polian knows Coughlin too.

He's not gonna name Polian as a source.

Unneeded source connection.... You already have a direct answer from Terry Pegula himself that he hasn't spoken to Coughlin in that capacity for over a year. And not buying your frequent defense of these stories... Sorry if you don't see it. Still like your football related posts :)

Unneeded source connection.... You already have a direct answer from Terry Pegula himself that he hasn't spoken to Coughlin in that capacity for over a year. And not buying your frequent defense of these stories... Sorry if you don't see it. Still like your football related posts :)

It's not clear to me what you mean by "unneeded source connection."

PS - just because I think Polian is Vic's source doesn't necessarily mean that I think that Whaley is approaching this incorrectly. I'm basically fine with Lynn.

Too funny!