Coach search has come (again) who is the best fit?

mead107

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dabo is smart, he will stay at Clemson. Being a college coach is a lot less stressful and time consuming (in my judgment) than being an NFL coach - particularly after having just won the national championship. He has built the program up to the point where it has and will be a lot easier to recruit players. He also has complete control of the program and does not have to deal with the reported and rumored issues that we have with the Bills.

In the NFL, Dabo also would not have that huge reservoir of goodwill that he has at Clemson. As we have seen, NFL coaches are on a very short fuse. Also, as Nick Saban found, it is more difficult to win when you cannot dominate recruiting as some of these guys can.

Dabo is now a living legend at Clemson who has built Clemson back up to national prominence and can make more money than he can spend in a lifetime.

Go Canes.

Edited by Peter

FWIW on the rest of our current staff:

@caplannfl

#Eagles have strong interest in #Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal, sources said. He would fit experienced coach that they're looking for.

@ChrisBrownBills

Be interesting to see what happens with members of #Bills holdover staff. Lal a well-liked assistant in Bills locker room.

Coaches who speak in coach cliches (aka coachspeak) tend to think punts are a good thing.

No original thought.

That's been my observation over the years.

Yeah, I have no idea what he thinks. But the chances the Bills hire another coach that likes to punt look pretty high based on the list.

Sammy loves Lal. We better keep him here.

We should keep the entire offensive staff (unless maybe they hire Goodwin).

Yeah, I have no idea what he thinks. But the chances the Bills hire another coach that likes to punt look pretty high based on the list.

Goodwin wouldn't be a punt maniac. Richard isn't a coachspeak robot.

If Lynn lands a HC job elsewhere and Lal is ready for primetime then sure. Keep the current system and Tyrod, and let's go.

i like the continuation of the offense but i'd still have concerns for the passing game. Say its Lynn, Lal, a rb and wr coach previous. Do they have the ability to develop qbs? A passing game? The D, well I hope its not Thurman and ends up Bradley or Wade.

My best guess of what's happening. They like McDermott but Lynn is still the front runner. However, they are becoming increasingly worried about their competition for Lynn, and are now floating McDermott and Lynn as co-frontrunners so they don't look bad.

just heard on ESPN that Lynn is spending a second day interviewing in San Diego (don't let him leave the building) . So I would say he is going there.

ooooooooh... could be..

Seems like a bad fit there though. Ground and pound with what?

He was having a great year. Gordon wasn't a guy that I was as high on coming out. I thought that I was so smart after his rookie year. Then he turns around and has a pro bowl caliber year and I look like an idiot.

I was high on him, took him on my fantasy team as a rookie. Got burnt. Thought I was an idiot. Then he plays great. Now I really look like an idiot after not going near him. ;)

Note to self: Be careful with rookies in fantasy, even if you know they will be very good.