Coach search has come (again) who is the best fit?

mead107

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dabo is smart, he will stay at Clemson. Being a college coach is a lot less stressful and time consuming (in my judgment) than being an NFL coach - particularly after having just won the national championship. He has built the program up to the point where it has and will be a lot easier to recruit players. He also has complete control of the program and does not have to deal with the reported and rumored issues that we have with the Bills.

In the NFL, Dabo also would not have that huge reservoir of goodwill that he has at Clemson. As we have seen, NFL coaches are on a very short fuse. Also, as Nick Saban found, it is more difficult to win when you cannot dominate recruiting as some of these guys can.

Dabo is now a living legend at Clemson who has built Clemson back up to national prominence and can make more money than he can spend in a lifetime.

Go Canes.

College coaching is way more of a full time job than NFL.

Goodwin is literally the worst case scenario for me

Why?

He's not my first choice because I'm hoping we can retain Lynn as OC and that may not happen if we bring in an offensive mind. But I like Goodwin's interviews and I like that he's basically been molded by Bruce Arians, one of my favorites.

just heard on ESPN that Lynn is spending a second day interviewing in San Diego (don't let him leave the building) . So I would say he is going there.

If someone else hires Lynn, he will suddenly seem very attractive to Bills fans and lament the coach that got away.

College coaching is way more of a full time job than NFL.

This is very true. You are recruiting 365 days a year. Plus, many dog-and-pony shows to raise money from wealthy donors. Then you need to worry about kids doing stupid things under your watch and their grades. Basically, you are the coach/GM/father/teacher of the team. You don't have to worry about contracts though.

Edited by Saint Doug

This is very true. You are recruiting 365 days a year. Plus, many dog-and-pony shows to raise money from wealthy donors. Then you need to worry about kids doing stupid things under your watch and their grades.

...and every fan thinks that their program is better than they are. With that being said your job is ALWAYS on the line. Charlie Strong was on the hot seat on his 1st day at Texas.