GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

Question: how do you know Wawrow tweeted Terry Pegula?

(and what's the source on the 27 candidates who turned down the Browns?)

Sorry I went to bed :nana:

jw texted Terry after the presser and Terry called him. jw did indeed tweet that. I posted it in another thread somewhere....

LOL the Brownies..wasn't it like 7 candidates or something before they settled on Pettine?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Road Hack!

@mikerodak

If Doug Whaley is going to decline interviews and only speak when required, he should stop accusing reporters of creating "narratives."

If you don't talk to me I'll make schitt up.

Exactly - THIS is the reason the media is upset. They aren't getting any quotes so they generate controversy for its own sake

I disagree. i think he came off as having no respect for the reporters and didn't really care to answer their questions. It was clear from the minute he went up there that he was just there to spin and dodge all the questions. I don't think he necessarily needed to prep for avoiding giving any answers.

Even though you disagree with my interpretation, you agree Whaley isn't "clueless" -- which is what ScottLaw posted. And I stand by my earlier assertion that a well-crafted initial statement about his (lack of) involvement in the Rex firing decision would have essentially castrated the Buffalo News bulls who were waiting to charge.

Matthew Coller, formerly of GR, now reporting on the Vikings just tweeted... "Press conference ends with Zimmer being asked how many free agents Vikings have and another reporter saying, "F***ing Google it"

Vic Carucci just learned to use his smartphone last season, so you're expecting a lot.

Matthew Coller, formerly of GR, now reporting on the Vikings just tweeted... "Press conference ends with Zimmer being asked how many free agents Vikings have and another reporter saying, "F***ing Google it"

Haha awesome.

And as much as people point to Jed Yorks PC, those reporters didn't all gang up and ask Jed why he didn't fire himself 20 times. They didn't ask him 30 times if firing Harbaugh was a mistake.

Haha awesome.

And as much as people point to Jed Yorks PC, those reporters didn't all gang up and ask Jed why he didn't fire himself 20 times. They didn't ask him 30 times if firing Harbaugh was a mistake.

Little dramatic here, what Jonah asked Whaley one time what he does

I disagree. i think he came off as having no respect for the reporters and didn't really care to answer their questions. It was clear from the minute he went up there that he was just there to spin and dodge all the questions. I don't think he necessarily needed to prep for avoiding giving any answers.

Me too, but that doesnt mean he's clueless. It means the Bills FO hates the press as much as we think they do, and therefore were simply going through the motions yesterday to piss off the local TBN idiots.

And frankly, Im fine with that. Unlike seemingly most other fans who are outraged, I've seen/heard press conferences before and know that teams NEVER give inside information or real answers. Call it what you want, "disrespect for media", "coach-speak", it's all going to be a lot of hot air one way or another.

"After the events of last week and especially after Whaley’s press conference on Monday, it’s never been more obvious that the Bills—who haven’t been to the postseason since the end of the 1999 season and have finished above .500 only twice over the past 17 seasons—need an organizational plan, a blueprint, of how they will seek to become a winning franchise. They’ve shown no indications that they have one."

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/03/nfl-buffalo-bills-terry-pegula-doug-whaley-rex-ryan

A Buff News article by Skurski entitled "10 head-scratching moments from Doug Whaley's press conference."

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/02/10-head-scratching-moments-doug-whaleys-press-conference/

Only one of the ten was head scratching to me. #2. Why he said he never thought about Ryan being fired. The other nine were obvious.

Me too, but that doesnt mean he's clueless. It means the Bills FO hates the press as much as we think they do, and therefore were simply going through the motions yesterday to piss off the local TBN idiots.

And frankly, Im fine with that. Unlike seemingly most other fans who are outraged, I've seen/heard press conferences before and know that teams NEVER give inside information or real answers. Call it what you want, "disrespect for media", "coach-speak", it's all going to be a lot of hot air one way or another.

Anyone who expects something else from a press conference is naive. Any member of the media who expects more from a press conference is incompetent.

A Buff News article by Skurski entitled "10 head-scratching moments from Doug Whaley's press conference."

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/02/10-head-scratching-moments-doug-whaleys-press-conference/

Only one of the ten was head scratching to me. #2. Why he said he never thought about Ryan being fired. The other nine were obvious.

Skurski has really taken a turn for the crotchety. But he's not very good at it.

Ugh, their willful ignorance is so frustrating.

They have their explanation of EVERYTHING. They just refuse to acknowledge it, and play dumb instead.