TPS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments from Lynn's Wiki page-

"During Cowboys training camp on August 20th, 2005, Lynn was a victim of a hit-and-run automobile accident.[29] Lynn and Todd Haley, both offensive assistant for Parcells, were out for pizza after the end of training camp in Ventura, Ca.[30] Although Lynn has difficulty remembering all of the details, Haley remembers them all to well. After the hit and run by a drunk driver, Sergio Sandoval, both of Lynn's lungs collapsed and due to shock, suffered from temporary paralysis in his legs. Lynn would then go through four surgeries on his face, knee and shoulder due to the incident. Haley recalls the night of the tragic accident, "The breathing is what I remember, his nasal cavity was open, it was an awful sound. He would stir and not really know where he was or what was going on. I don't think anyone survives that but somebody who built their body for years of running down kickoffs and the things he did as an NFL player. I just don't know who survives that." As a testament to Lynn's perseverance and strength, he was back on the field in a week and a half because he did not want to disappoint his team, the Cowboys. The incident created an immediate long-lasting bond between Lynn and Haley. Haley remarks, "I will always root for Anthony. He was tied up and under contract when I got this job, but he's somebody I'd love to be working with again. Maybe, when he's a head coach."[31]"

I'm all in on Lynn, seems like just what we need. Haley for OC?

"During Cowboys training camp on August 20th, 2005, Lynn was a victim of a hit-and-run automobile accident.[29] Lynn and Todd Haley, both offensive assistant for Parcells, were out for pizza after the end of training camp in Ventura, Ca.[30] Although Lynn has difficulty remembering all of the details, Haley remembers them all to well. After the hit and run by a drunk driver, Sergio Sandoval, both of Lynn's lungs collapsed and due to shock, suffered from temporary paralysis in his legs. Lynn would then go through four surgeries on his face, knee and shoulder due to the incident. Haley recalls the night of the tragic accident, "The breathing is what I remember, his nasal cavity was open, it was an awful sound. He would stir and not really know where he was or what was going on. I don't think anyone survives that but somebody who built their body for years of running down kickoffs and the things he did as an NFL player. I just don't know who survives that." As a testament to Lynn's perseverance and strength, he was back on the field in a week and a half because he did not want to disappoint his team, the Cowboys. The incident created an immediate long-lasting bond between Lynn and Haley. Haley remarks, "I will always root for Anthony. He was tied up and under contract when I got this job, but he's somebody I'd love to be working with again. Maybe, when he's a head coach."[31]"

The article I linked to in post 42 has the full story. That's the very last line you've highlighted. One tough SOB.

Thanks. I missed your original post, and I'm sure many others did too. Important now that he appears to be the favorite for the job. I thought that Casserly interview you posted was important and it seemed many people were missing it too. Need a one-stop thread for Lynn.

Id be ok with Lynn if he brings in a quality DC.

Lynn wants to work with Tyrod and that's the best option at QB right now.

Continuity on offense is best for the team. While it isn't equivalent to the quality that was the 2014 defense they shouldn't repeat that same mistake of screwing with it.

Agreed. He's definitely going to need a very good DC if he's going to succeed.

Thanks. I missed your original post, and I'm sure many others did too. Important now that he appears to be the favorite for the job. I thought that Casserly interview you posted was important and it seemed many people were missing it too. Need a one-stop thread for Lynn.

Lynn is a pretty impressive guy.

How do we know Brandon didnt update the wiki page last with this story? I remember 2005, and I dont remember any of this.

Is this just more Russ Brandon newspeak? I wouldnt put it past him.

My position on Lynn has always been that working for Rex isn't an issue, his lack of OC experience isn't an issue - the ONLY issue is can he convince me he can put together a staff, especially on the defensive side?

If he can do that he is a lead candidate. He wouldn't be my personal #1 choice but I'd have no problem with him getting it.

It is my only unknown as well......

We should learn from our mistakes of what we did when we hired RR.....the whole thing got blown up and while we found our O....the D went from elite to lower half of the league....it cost us to miss our window.

We should not make the same mistake twice. If this D can just return to top say.....10....this is a 10 win team

This was posted by 26 under the 12/28 Lynn presser topic, and I'm surprised it hasn't generated discussion--maybe people missed it?

Casserly was with the Jets when Lynn interviewed for their HC job and makes some good points about Lynn as a HC candidate for the Bills.

Casserly on Lynn

Great take. I know some of these former talking head execs can be taken with a grain of salt. But someone as well respected as Casserly to have actually sat down and interviewed Lynn and came away with that perspective speaks highly for Lynn

The more positive I hear about him obviously the better I feel about the move.

We just need to get it right.

If Lynn is named HC don't be surprised to see Chris Palmer get OC. He has worked closely with Lynn all year and has had great results in the NFL as QB coach and OC (minus the train wreck in Cleveland as HC). Him and Lynn are on the same page and know what each other wants and likes. Makes the most sense.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_anthony_lynn_chiefs_todd_haley_share_a_friendship_shaped_through_football_and_one_painful_night.html

If people haven't read this, more important insight on Lynn. A guy I'd like to know personally.

Wow, great find, thanks. Amazing story.

Aside from the human interest and the lack of grudge shown the perpetrator, it does sort of sound as though one concern I have might not be true. I was concerned he stayed with Rex since 2009, he wouldn't have the connections to pull in a good coaching staff aside from Rex's Jets remnants our building is full of. But if he has these sort of connections with Haley and Parcells, as well as Mangini from Cleveland and going back further, Jack Del Rio in Jacksonville and going further back, Denver and SF....he may have better connections than I would have thought.

What a story that was. His position on the guy who hit him says more about him than all the other comments. Wow. It also gives me a new perspective on Haley.

I hate Jerry Jones, but the private plane bit even made my opinion of him improve.

How do we know Brandon didnt update the wiki page last with this story? I remember 2005, and I dont remember any of this.

Does it matter who updated the wiki page? The story is documented in newspaper articles including one from 5 years ago linked on this page.

Wow. Didnt realize the tie to Haley.

I think it would take hiring Haley as HC and Lynn as OC/AsstHC to get Haley here. Not sure Lynn would stay for that but who knows what his options really are.

If Lynn is named HC don't be surprised to see Chris Palmer get OC. He has worked closely with Lynn all year and has had great results in the NFL as QB coach and OC (minus the train wreck in Cleveland as HC). Him and Lynn are on the same page and know what each other wants and likes. Makes the most sense.

Interesting. Didint really know this guy until your post. Here's his wiki:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Palmer_(American_football)

I wonder what he's really doing for the Bills now. QB development (or lack there of) has been frustrating.

What a story that was. His position on the guy who hit him says more about him than all the other comments. Wow. It also gives me a new perspective on Haley.

Most people would be looking for vengeance. That is really admirable to see the big picture and have mercy.