Leak source - It must be Brandon

Dragonborn10

The leak of Rex getting fired weeks ago is just the final example of a long history of leaks from the Bills FO. My take is Brandon is the source. First, the leaks have been going on longer than any current Bills staffer. The leaks are of a very high nature. Not locker room talk or about spats between players where a source could be an equipment guy or some low level assistant. The leaks also never put Brandon in a bad light. They always seem to pit one GM vs another FO guy or a coach. All the while Brandon goes unscathed year after year.

The leaks come straight from the top.

The only other suspect could be Overdorf, but I question if even he has access to all high level decision.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The leak of Rex getting fired weeks ago is just the final example of a long history of leaks from the Bills FO. My take is Brandon is the source. First, the leaks have been going on longer than any current Bills staffer. The leaks are of a very high nature. Not locker room talk or about spats between players where a source could be an equipment guy or some low level assistant. The leaks also never put Brandon in a bad light. They always seem to pit one GM vs another FO guy or a coach. All the while Brandon goes unscathed year after year.

The only other suspect could be Overdorf, but I question if even he has access to all high level decision.

Good possibility but hard to say for sure. If this next coach goes south again then they all need to go.

You're right, it's me. I confess.

I don't think Russ is going anywhere. Whaley will now live and die by this coaching pick but Russ Brandon is absolutely the Pegulas guy. I see no way they get rid of him now, next year or in 5 years.

We need that job at the league office to materialise if we want rid of him.

OP is likely correct.

Though many commenters, as usual, over estimate the football operations influence of Brandon. He has nil influence on football. But I guess everyone has their scapegoat. But the key to a good scapegoat---it has to be plausible.

For those wishing RB the door, cry in your beer, he ain't going nowheres. There guy who is....

President of the Buffalo Bills
President of the Buffalo Sabres (and managing partner)
President of the Rochester Americans
President of Pegula Sports and Entertainment

...is not the resume of guy who gets fired for a bad football streak, for which in a limited distant time, he had partial responsibility for.

He is the leak.

Obviously the leak is someone close to Whaley. Always puts him in a good light while whoever the coach is is to blame. But it has backfired on him because the fans don't buy it - they know both are to blame.

OP is likely correct.

Though many commenters, as usual, over estimate the football operations influence of Brandon. He has nil influence on football. But I guess everyone has their scapegoat. But the key to a good scapegoat---it has to be plausible.

For those wishing RB the door, cry in your beer, he ain't going nowheres. There guy who is....

President of the Buffalo Bills
President of the Buffalo Sabres (and managing partner)
President of the Rochester Americans
President of Pegula Sports and Entertainment

...is not the resume of guy who gets fired for a bad football streak, for which in a limited distant time, he had partial responsibility for.

He is the leak.

Brandon isn't the leak. The leak is one of Tim Graham's sources and Graham obliterates Brandon at least once a week.

Ever since there were rumors right after the sale of the Bills coming from Adam Schefter that Russ was coveted around the league and the Raiders were interested in hiring him, I've thought he was a talker. Theres only one person that coulve fed that bs to Schefter and thats Brandon.

Over the past couple of weeks Ive been certain Russ is both the leak, and is very toxic to the entire Pegula organization. However, as others have pointed out, he isnt going anywhere.

Best we can hope for is now that his buddy Doug is getting a chance to actually do his job and hire a HC, Brandon will fall in line and be supportive instead of destructive.

To have reports about the status of your coach and his lack of job security on back to back weeks before impirtant games in December is an absolute embarrassment. It is the job of the Pegulas to not allow that type of amatuer hour crap over there. Im thoroughly unimpressed and underwhelmed in the overall handling of their operation.