Dragonborn10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously the leak is someone close to Whaley. Always puts him in a good light while whoever the coach is is to blame. But it has backfired on him because the fans don't buy it - they know both are to blame.

Brandon isn't the leak. The leak is one of Tim Graham's sources and Graham obliterates Brandon at least once a week.

Ahhhh.... that's exactly what they want you to think. LOL Graham executing a Disinformation Campaign, to plant plausible deniability of RB as leak.

RB is Deep Throat, wearing a trench coat, meeting Graham in Hammer's Lot.

The Bills are and always have been a very collaborative organization. With that being said there are A LOT of people in the building that know what's going on. There certainly contributes to the number of leaks. It was like that where I worked as well. I knew about trades, coaching interviews, etc... sometimes days before anything came to fruition. There had to be 30 people in the organization closer to that than me. It could have been a number of people.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The Bills are and always have been a very collaborative organization. With that being said there are A LOT of people in the building that know what's going on. There certainly contributes to the number of leaks. It was like that where I worked as well. I knew about trades, coaching interviews, etc... sometimes days before anything came to fruition. There had to be 30 people in the organization closer to that than me. It could have been a number of people.

In what capacity did you work there?

Good point. When you have guys like Leroi, Nevergiveup, and Joe Chenelly breaking stories, it's obvious that information isnt exactly kept secret there.

The leak of Rex getting fired weeks ago is just the final example of a long history of leaks from the Bills FO. My take is Brandon is the source. First, the leaks have been going on longer than any current Bills staffer. The leaks are of a very high nature. Not locker room talk or about spats between players where a source could be an equipment guy or some low level assistant. The leaks also never put Brandon in a bad light. They always seem to pit one GM vs another FO guy or a coach. All the while Brandon goes unscathed year after year.

The leaks come straight from the top.

The only other suspect could be Overdorf, but I question if even he has access to all high level decision.

Yep WHO Suggested yet another failing coach to Ownership and now needs to deflect.

LaCanfora has always been a Media Shill for Brandon.

Could also be Overdorf your right.

Could also be the standard new sports media throw **** against the wall and say source

When you were there, were there often occasions where rumors were going around the office that so and so was going to get fired a week or two before they actually got fired? You know, that were true?

From '07-'12 (so six seasons). I knew everything that happened in the HC interviews, including a guy that was an NBA coach that had the worst interview that the guys had ever conducted. It lasted 17 minutes!!! That guy currently holds a pretty high profile college job. They felt bad for him.

I knew the draft plans, heard about trades in he works (only about 1 in 5 gets done) and just the general direction of the team. I would hear about spats between the GM and coaches (which is actually still going on), between players, etc... This was all happening when I was multiple steps removed from anything on the court. Someone would tell someone, who told someone, who told someone and so on... 98% of the things that I was told either came true or they tried to make happen.

From '07-'12 (so six seasons). I knew everything that happened in the HC interviews, including a guy that was an NBA coach that had the worst interview that the guys had ever conducted. It lasted 17 minutes!!! That guy currently holds a pretty high profile college job. They felt bad for him.

I knew the draft plans, heard about trades in he works (only about 1 in 5 gets done) and just the general direction of the team. I would hear about spats between the GM and coaches (which is actually still going on), between players, etc... This was all happening when I was multiple steps removed from anything on the court. Someone would tell someone, who told someone, who told someone and so on... 98% of the things that I was told either came true or they tried to make happen.

So, based on your experience, which is very telling, would you say that leaks could come out of there from just about anybody? Like some ticket window guy telling his brother or cousin or college buddy - and somehow that rumor reaches reporter through the grapevine somewhere because the reporter is listening for rumors all the time?

So, based on your experience, which is very telling, would you say that leaks could come out of there from just about anybody? Like some ticket window guy telling his brother or cousin or college buddy - and somehow that rumor reaches reporter through the grapevine somewhere because the reporter is listening for rumors all the time?

We've seen this exact thing happen. Even recently.

Someone just broke something on TBD a couple of months back. Heard it from a buddy at the gym, posted it here, and Vic and Co. picked it up and ran with it. I forget exactly what it was, but most of the modern media have no shame in where they get their information.

Whats really funny i could become a source.

Really alot here could. By using common sense you could feed these reporters information that does become correct (again using logic)

Now if they require proof of connections a little tougher but could make some fake creds.

Boom once your common sense info came true reporter just thinks the cultivated a source.

Whats really funny i could become a source.

Really alot here could. By using common sense you could feed these reporters information that does become correct (again using logic)

Now if they require proof of connections a little tougher but could make some fake creds.

Boom once your common sense info came true reporter just thinks the cultivated a source.

Yes exactly. I bet it has happened plenty of times. Like anybody who suggested Rex was going to be fired at or near the end of this season = fairly predictable considering he would have had to win out towards the end. That doesn't often happen.

Certainly possible

Usually how it worked is that the president would discuss what was going on at the Sr. staff meeting (which was about 8 departments). Those people would be told to consult with their direct reports, an average of about 4 per Sr. Staff member (that's where I would have been). That was supposed to be the end of the line as we had to plan for whatever this particular move would mean to our departments. That's around 30 people there on the business side alone. I would venture to say that the people in basketball operations had a much better sense from being around it every day. If you include the players there you are up to 60 or so. The leaks could be coming from a lot of different places.

Not every organization is as collaborative as the Bills or where I was. There are places that I can think of that probably less than 20 people know maybe even 10. In the Bills case though, I'm not surprised to see the number of leaks with the number of people in the know.

or maybe the collaborative structure is constantly destined for failure, dysfunction, and drama.

That too. Do you think BB makes decisions as a group. Nope he gets all input makes a decision himself (well takes Ernie Adams recommendation)