Sully: Bills' bozos leave Lynn to twist on his own

Rico

Please doug and everyone give non answers twitter will be great entertainment from a bunch of professionals.

I'd like to see the media professionals ask sophisticated questions like they did when trying to find out when Rex knew about the LaConjecture rumor. That was a hoot.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see the media professionals ask sophisticated questions like they did when trying to find out when Rex knew about the LaConjecture rumor. That was a hoot.

Yes and then get an answer of

Did you all bring a jacket it is supposed to be cold after this press conference

I can only imagine, if the Pegulas were more visible, that Sully would be bitching about them being too much like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder.

It's very hard to take him seriously. He doesn't have opinions or analysis, only the rante du jour.

it's so easy for him:

if they go left- Sully screams they should have gone right

if they go right- Sully screams they should have gone left

rinse/repeat on the next question

If Doug Whaley and ownership thought that they could sacrifice Rex and all would be better for them, Sullen's article is just another reminder that it only is going to get worse.

I love the Pegulas and used to be a Whaley supporter, but firing Rex was short sighted, self defeating, and makes the organization look foolish.

Just my two cents.

If Doug Whaley and ownership thought that they could sacrifice Rex and all would be better for them, Sullen's article is just another reminder that it only is going to get worse.

I love the Pegulas and used to be a Whaley supporter, but firing Rex was short sighted, self defeating, and makes the organization look foolish.

Just my two cents.

Let it go.

Just my two cents.

You must be kidding! Rex got everything he asked for in terms of players and coaching staff but failed miserably. What were they supposed to do? OBD couldn't care any less about the media firestorm.

Just my two cents.

Peter

You and I agree on a lot...you know that.

I thought they fired Rex at just the right time (maybe after the season would have been better)

He did not deliver on what he promised.....I would venture to predict his D would actually be worse next season.

If he would have agreed to bring in a 4-3 DC and move himself to just being a "manager" HC over his coordinator's.....I might have given him a year 3 but his press conference where he said "I stand by my defensive reputation" just did it in for me.

You must be kidding! Rex got everything he asked for in terms of players and coaching staff but failed miserably. What were they supposed to do? OBD couldn't care any less about the media firestorm.

He writes all that off. Because Doug didnt massage Rexs feet

Peter

I thought they fired Rex at just the right time (maybe after the season would have been better)

He did not deliver on what he promised.....I would venture to predict his D would actually be worse next season.

If he would have agreed to bring in a 4-3 DC and move himself to just being a "manager" HC over his coordinator's.....I might have given him a year 3 but his press conference where he said "I stand by my defensive reputation" just did it in for me.

They also would have gave him the final game if he would have Sat Taylor in this meaningless game.

He wouldnt so. Fired 6 days earlier

Peter

Rex wanted to be axed sooner rather than waiting until after the Jets' game.

Just my two cents.

Don't buy into all this media baloney! This team and organization is alot closer to success, and not nearly as bad, as they are being portrayed.

It was not short-sighted, what in the big picture were you looking for by keeping him. Winning over the media?

Edited by horned dogs

Unfortunately for Sully he makes such a tool of himself on a regular basis that even when he writes something with a kernel of sense or truth amidst his vitriol most people will discount it because it comes from him. The press conference should have been preceded by more than a short written statement on Rex's firing because that would have shown at least a modicum of class, but that point is lost in Sully's mindless hyperbole.

Poor Sully. Too phucking stupid to know the difference between a weekly Wednesday coach's presser and a press conference to field questions about the firing of Rex Ryan.

The media were so busy being butt hurt at how their stupid, unrelated questions were ignored. Once again, Buffalo proves it has the least talented, most uninformed beat writers and columnists in the industry. I feel sorry for the few in that group who actually understood what today's PC was for because they've all been tainted by stink.

Poor Sully. Too phucking stupid to know the difference between a weekly Wednesday coach's presser and a press conference to field questions about the firing of Rex Ryan.

The media were so busy being butt hurt at how their stupid, unrelated questions were ignored. Once again, Buffalo proves it has the least talented, most uninformed beat writers and columnists in the industry. I feel sorry for the few in that group who actually understood what today's PC was for because they've all been tainted by stink.

100%. The outrage at the HC being left out there by himself!

Unfortunately for Sully he makes such a tool of himself on a regular basis that even when he writes something with a kernel of sense or truth amidst his vitriol most people will discount it because it comes from him. The press conference should have been preceded by more than a short written statement on Rex's firing because that would have shown at least a modicum of class, but that point is lost in Sully's mindless hyperbole.

But he made a real name for himself at last season's Super Bowl with his brilliant question for Cam Newton. :lol:

He did?

I don't think that being fired after less than two years after being the most successful Bills coach in the past 17 years notwithstanding the depth of injuries and bottom half QB etc. as getting a fair shot or everything he would have wanted or should have expected.

I do not think undermining the HC with ownership and with the media as getting everything he would have wanted.

These are my opinions. Based on what I have read and heard, it is my opinion that the GM threw the HC under the bus to protect himself. I guess Rex must have stopped completing his sentences.

Peter

I respect both of you guys a TON. We just disagree on this. I have no problem with a professional coach being confident. Hell, they need to be that way to inspire their players. I also think that a coach deserves a fair evaluation under the circumstances and also deserves not to be undermined by the GM.

We just disagree. I do not think that Rex had a fair amount of time or was fairly evaluated based on the injuries etc. I also believe that Rex was undermined for the reasons I have stated.

Just my two cents.