Kryk: Firing Rex Ryan not enough, it's time to clean house

Rico

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hilarious to see the media lay the groundwork for the villain they get to write about for the next 2 years now. Rex left a hole in their agenda, so now they are going to turn Whaley into the reason, even though they have squarely blamed Rex from the get go.

Edited by What a Tuel

I think he lays a convincing case that Brandon and Whaley are part of the problem. One thing I think everyone can agree on is that constantly changing schemes is not the way to go. The Pegulas were new owners and shortly there after was a power struggle with Marrone and they had to find a new coach after only a few months as owners.

You just cant tell me...as anyone who has interviewed people for positions...that the Pegula's didnt rely on Whaley and Brandon. That they just went their own way. The wine...the dont let him out the buidling......the you just know like a marriage. Especially Whaley, who came from the great Steelers organization should of saw that we we're hiring a guy who would change schemes and a defense that didnt need changed. It was his and Brandon's years of expertise that should of saw that coming and made the case as the leadership, of the football upper management. . . Terrry and Kim will realize it a few years, fool me once........

Edited by billsfan714

I think he lays a convincing case that Brandon and Whaley are part of the problem. One thing I think everyone can agree on is that constantly changing schemes is not the way to go. They Pegulas were new owners and shortly there after was a power struggle with Marrone and they had to find a new coach after only a few months as owners.

You just cant tell me...as anyone who has interviewed people for positions...that the Pegula's didnt rely on Whaley and Brandon. That they just went their own way. The wine...the dont let him out the buidling......the you just now like a marriage. Especially Whaley, who came from the great Steelers organization should of saw that we we're hiring a guy who would change schemes and a defense that didnt need changed. It was his and Brandon's years of expertise that should of saw that coming and made the case as the leadership, of the football upper manageent. . . Terrry and Kim will realize it a few years, fool me once........

This is the only scenario I can see Brandon interfering in and all of the hate for him on this hire alone may be warranted. He would be foaming at the mouth for the publicity of Rex Ryan and I believe set a season ticket holder record as a result.

It sounds to me like they had someone else in mind before Rex interviewed, and Rex's personality won the Pegula's over with Brandon nudging the thing.

The whole publicity nonsense about Whaley saying this or that about liking Rex should be taken with a grain of salt. He is absolutely not going to say he is lukewarm about the new coach hire, and again they are selling a product. There are enough rumors out there about Whaley being unhappy with the hire, and power clashes with Rex for this stuff to be just him showing public support for the guy they chose. At a certain point you either have to make a stand that you disagree, or get in line. He got in line.

It is hilarious to see the media lay the groundwork for the villain they get to write about for the next 2 years now. Rex left a hole in their agenda, so now they are going to turn Whaley into the reason, even though they have squarely blamed Rex from the get go.

This team missed the playoffs by a game or two three years in a row. OMG that is worse than going 0-16. Let's blow it up so we can not make the playoffs for 25 seasons.

These media guys know so much, Terry should hire them to run the team.

This is the only scenario I can see Brandon interfering in and all of the hate for him on this hire alone may be warranted. He would be foaming at the mouth for the publicity of Rex Ryan and I believe set a season ticket holder record as a result.

It sounds to me like they had someone else in mind before Rex interviewed, and Rex's personality won the Pegula's over with Brandon nudging the thing.

The whole publicity nonsense about Whaley saying this or that about liking Rex should be taken with a grain of salt. He is absolutely not going to say he is lukewarm about the new coach hire, and again they are selling a product. There are enough rumors out there about Whaley being unhappy with the hire, and power clashes with Rex for this stuff to be just him showing public support for the guy they chose. At a certain point you either have to make a stand that you disagree, or get in line. He got in line.

I hear what you're saying I really do. But is been obvious these two are tied at the hip and always seem to have a built excuse that gets leaked somewhere.

Outstanding article, thanks John!

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/12/27/bills-fire-coach-rex-ryan-ahead-of-last-game-of-season

"Whaley is so far up Terry Pegula’s butt he can see Russ Brandon’s shoes" :lol:

Amen!

But not going to happen.

I really Hope Whaley can turn this around, however if he doesn't Pegs needs to clean house once and for all !

Oh here is a gem;

"So, knowing this, when the Pegulas decided to interview Ryan a second time in January 2015, did either Whaley or Brandon interrupt to say: “Uh, that would mean blowing up the one and only thing that has worked around here for a long, long time?”

No. Quite the opposite.

The new-to-football Pegulas relied heavily on Brandon in that head-coach search. On Whaley, too. And both heartily endorsed Rex Ryan as Marrone’s successor, as an in-house story and video chronicling the hiring process — posted on the Bills’ own website — confirmed.

“It was funny because at the start of the process …,” Whaley is quoted as saying, “I said: ‘You can’t go in with any preconceived notions of what you want and what you like. You’ve got to go in with an open mind so you don’t have any biases.

“And at that point, Kim said: ‘Well then how do you know?’ I said: ‘Unfortunately, it’s like when I asked people who were married and I was single. How do you know? You just know.’ And when we got to that point (with Rex), we all looked at each other and knew that Rex was the guy who we wanted to be our next head coach.”

:angry::angry::angry:

If Whaley thought things were tough before today, he hasn't seen anything yet. And it's just as it should be. He's made guarantees in the past that he had built a playoff team. To this point he hasn't. He's running out of excuses. He better pick the best coach this franchise has ever seen, short of Marv Levy, cause the GM is the next to go when things fail again.

This team missed the playoffs by a game or two three years in a row. OMG that is worse than going 0-16. Let's blow it up so we can not make the playoffs for 25 seasons.

These media guys know so much, Terry should hire them to run the team.

just because you can see the problem doesn't mean you know how to fix it.

If Whaley thought things were tough before today, he hasn't seen anything yet. And it's just as it should be. He's made guarantees in the past that he had built a playoff team. To this point he hasn't. He's running out of excuses. He better pick the best coach this franchise has ever seen, short of Marv Levy, cause the GM is the next to go when things fail again.

exactly.

Also this proves that Whaley WAS involved and it just wasn't all Russ.

This article is so dead on, it's beyond amazing to me how people who follow this team so closely can so easily dismiss this and other articles like it. Why Pegula is so afraid of blowing this thing up is beyond me. Like the article says, he will regret not doing it now and we will be right back in this position in two years.

This article is so dead on, it's beyond amazing to me how people who follow this team so closely can so easily dismiss this and other articles like it. Why Pegula is so afraid of blowing this thing up is beyond me. Like the article says, he will regret not doing it now and we will be right back in this position in two years.

If it doesn't work out this time he has too. I think he is very loyal which is a good thing but it can be bad when you don't trust the right people.