Kryk: Firing Rex Ryan not enough, it's time to clean house

Rico

I am enjoying the spotlight being shined on Whaley and Brandon even more.

It is going to get much worse imo. If/when they take a step back next season, especially after promoting lynn to HC... the noise will be overwhelming.

The changes will come, but unfortunately, pegula continues to dilly-dally and waste seasons while the team is driven into the tree. Just like the hockey team

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding article, thanks John!

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/12/27/bills-fire-coach-rex-ryan-ahead-of-last-game-of-season

"Whaley is so far up Terry Pegula’s butt he can see Russ Brandon’s shoes" :lol:

The humor aside. That is a extremely accurate quote. Time will prove the article correct. That's the sad part.

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/12/27/bills-fire-coach-rex-ryan-ahead-of-last-game-of-season

Great article, thanks for posting. It is amazing to me people on this board are still here to defend Rusty. It is obvious this used car salesman has had a major hand in the futility of this franchise for the past 10 years or so. & I have said this before. Whaley has done some good things with this roster, he has also done some things that would get most Gms fired in other organizations. Pegs has a chance now to do the right thing & blow the whole thing up but he won't & my guess is he will regret it three years from now.

Edited by Gordio

I can see merit in both sides of this argument. This team is not far off. They are not going to go 2-14 this year. But the Ryan hire was terrible. I hated it the day they announced it. Whaley better get this one right or hes next. I dont know why they keep Brandon around. Not that hard to fill the stadium. Dont need a marketing genius for that.

Ryan shouldn’t be the only one getting fired. Littman, Overdorff, Whaley and most importantly, Russ Brandon all need to go. They’ve been here for all 17 years and need to be canned. I like the Pegula’s and believe they will do whatever it takes to bring a Superbowl to Buffalo, but they need people who know how to get the job done, not these clowns that have been screwing up the organization for years.

Ryan shouldn’t be the only one getting fired. Littman, Overdorff, Whaley and most importantly, Russ Brandon all need to go. They’ve been here for all 17 years and need to be canned. I like the Pegula’s and believe they will do whatever it takes to bring a Superbowl to Buffalo, but they need people who know how to get the job done, not these clowns that have been screwing up the organization for years.

Littman took his golden parachute when Ralph died.

You need to fact check yourself. irrespective of what any of these writers believe, they aren't going to run the organization with the 17 year drought perspective of a fan. Link all you want, it's not happening.

I really do think this team has playoff talent - just need the right coaching staff to utilize it correctly. The Bills are so close, no need to "blow-it-up". However I will also say that our offiense is finally putting up points, so keeping Lynn makes sense but bringing someone in that runs a wide offense just might allow us to put up more points and better use of the talent we currently have + it's usually more fun to watch. If we bring in a new offensive minded HC or a new OC it will be interesting to see how our offense does. Lynn has done a pretty good job for a first year OC and just may be the best choice at HC if he has the answer of what to do at DC. Would love to get Schwartz back as DC but that isn't going to happen - so.... It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Go Bills!!!!!

Edited by BuffaloFan68

"Rex promised a bully, but produced only bull."

Another good line.

Of course the house must be cleaned in full. Unfortunately, we are all going to suffer while Pegula slowly comes up to speed.

He hasn't gotten that far down the road yet.

If we are going to use the Sabres as a model to follow, Lindy FINALLY just got fired and Darcy is about to hire Ron Rolston.

That means Whaley is gone next.

The real question is whether or not Pegula will have the cajones to get rid of his lover Brandon too.

Your missing the point.

Those guys have played a significant part in making this drought so long.

The right move would be to clean house entirely, but again, it's delaying the inevitable which will be done in two years when the team in all likelihood continues its mediocre or worse streak.

I got the point and it's the same blow it up theme from the usual suspects on TSW. I just don't agree with it based upon the last few seasons.

The swamp is barely drained. Got to see people like Brandon, Overdorf and Whaley twirling down, and taking lackeys like John Murphy with them.

Well, I'm not going to blame the Bills' problems on John Murphy! LOL...

But he is so God awful at his job of play by play man I'd love to see him ****-canned too.

I got the point and it's the same blow it up theme from the usual suspects on TSW. I just don't agree with it based upon the last few seasons.

Yes, but you're the guy who believed in EJ and thought he just needed more development...

...and who said Rex would never be gone after just 2 of 5 years on his K...

..and...and...and...

:thumbdown:

You need to fact check yourself. irrespective of what any of these writers believe, they aren't going to run the organization with the 17 year drought perspective of a fan. Link all you want, it's not happening.

Regardless, it is an historically poorly run, minor league franchise who fell onto some good fortune for a 5-10 year stretch. The thing needs to be rebuilt/restructured from the inside, from the highest level down, or we are going to have the same discussion when its 18, 19, 20, 22 years and so on.

Whether you look at 50 years or 1 year, there are blemishes that would make me want to move on. Why has Doug Whaley had irreparable falling-outs with the last 2 head coaches? Also, I think it is quite obvious that he has been playing little games with the media, throwing his coaches in front of the bus and putting the organization in bad light. Nobody worth their weight as a head coach will want to coach here with these parameters and with these actors. Money will attract someone who doesn't care like Rex Ryan. Come in, say the right things, take the heat, and get sent on their way with a fat severance. You need to offer a very healthy portion of influence. Something the Bills have rarely offered to anyone from the outside, save Tom Donahoe... and even then he had a limited budget and had to deal with Ralph Wilson and his lifers.

The way Ralph Wilson's Bills were run, especially in the latter years, was to preserve all the decision making for the very top, as well as the shadow-men like Brandon, Overdorf, Littman. Internal "hires" and bringing in agreeable 'candidates' as GMs and HCs is important for that. It is no coincidence that the most willful 2 coaches the Bills had, Marrone and Mularkey both voluntarily walked the plank. When they were leaving 'no stone unturned', they really needed Andy Reid to come in and facilitate change, but the Bills' FO does not allow for that. Too much interference and vested voices. They can offer him the money, but what he really wants is freedom to mold his legacy. Not Russ Brandon's influence.

What exactly are people defending with the Bills organization? To me, there are almost no redeeming qualities there. Nobody there has proven they know how to win in the NFL, choose coaches, choose GMs, hand out sensible contracts, etc... The desperately need (and have needed) someone from the outside. How long to these guys get to languish? Year One seems like long ago when Brandon was 'promoted' from President/CEO to President/CEO and Wilson was no longer making 'decisions'. Brandon and Whaley have steered the ship to nowhere... and now, we are going to be fed that next year is "Year One" because Doug Whaley is "finally" going to choose "his" head coach. Honestly, it is a crock and anyone who fails to see through this needs to have their intelligence checked.

Edited by May Day 10

Like I posted in the other thread, are people saying this team isn't talented enough, with another coach, to win 10 or 11 games?

There wasn't moments this season, day against Seattle or Miami, where a different coach could have actually pulled out the victory?

Please re-state in English.

Thanks!

Like I posted in the other thread, are people saying this team isn't talented enough, with another coach, to win 10 or 11 games?

There wasn't moments this season, day against Seattle or Miami, where a different coach could have actually pulled out the victory?

To me, there is a chasm. This team was really bad against teams with .500 or better records. The schedule for them really was favorable. 6 of their games were against the worst 5 teams in the league (and they got blasted by one in their home opener). Add in the fact that Arizona and Cincinnati were pretty bad. I also believe that the 'window' of this team is closing as players are aging and the contracts will be catching up to them. QB also seems like it is going back to the abyss

To me, there is a chasm. This team was really bad against teams with .500 or better records. The schedule for them really was favorable. 6 of their games were against the worst 5 teams in the league (and they got blasted by one in their home opener). Add in the fact that Arizona and Cincinnati were pretty bad. I also believe that the 'window' of this team is closing as players are aging and the contracts will be catching up to them. QB also seems like it is going back to the abyss

I'm not arguing that Whaley has found them a Qb. He hasn't. But do you think, a different coach, could have got victories against the Jets, Dolphins and Seahawks? Those games would have been won, imo, with better coaching. Edited by Wayne Cubed