EJ time! Starting vs Jets

KDIGGZ

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries- I agree tyrod generally had better grooming and opportunities. The big worry I have is his extended college career, lots of NFL coaching and extensive playing now. At some point it isn't potential it's just an inconsistent player with a lot of raw talent but lacking the fundamentals to do it week in and week out

Can't argue with any of that. I still think that both TT and EJ lack the fundamentals week to week but TT is one of two (or both) things: less lacking the fundamentals or compensating his lack of them by running.

This might sound self-serving but I'd probably let all of the free agents play. They may help their cause with a big game (2.5 sacks for Alexander as an example). At the same time, it won't set your team back if something goes wrong. I'd just take a conservative approach to this game with nothing to gain.

There is also this: a loss would push the Bills up as much as ten draft spots. I'd like to see them start the UB defense this Sunday.

So if EJ lights it up, what do they do with that information? There no way you keep both EJ and TT. So if they're sold on TT you don't need to know anything about EJ. Plus one game against a Jets team who have mentally headed home tells us nothing.

Why wouldn't they keep both (assuming he lights it up)? A back-up QB is still a thing of need in the NFL. Especially when you have a running QB.

So if EJ lights it up, what do they do with that information? There no way you keep both EJ and TT. So if they're sold on TT you don't need to know anything about EJ. Plus one game against a Jets team who have mentally headed home tells us nothing.

All this is is a going away present for EJ. Nothing more.

Why wouldn't they keep both (assuming he lights it up)? A back-up QB is still a thing of need in the NFL. Especially when you have a running QB.

I admittedly don't know a lot about the financial aspect of football. Wouldn't resigning EJ while also paying TT be more costly than signing a rookie QB or going with Cardale as number two? Honestly any rookie QB or cheap free agent wouldn't be that big of a downgrade from EJ.

I admittedly don't know a lot about the financial aspect of football. Wouldn't resigning EJ while also paying TT be more costly than signing a rookie QB or going with Cardale as number two? Honestly any rookie QB or cheap free agent wouldn't be that big of a downgrade from EJ.

It would be more costly (at least more than likely), but from the looks of the draft and the status of Jones doesn't leave me to believe that the downgrade would be less than significant.

Honestly even if the bills offer him a contract I don't expect him to stay anyways so it's not really worth discussing but wouldn't be against it if it happened for the right price.

Edited by The Wiz

Un-effing-believable. Tyrod Taylor, whatever his flaws, has had an objectively solid season and has played well lately. Manuel's contract is up and he is not as good as Taylor. Some here are no doubt looking forward to celebrating drafting 13th instead of 17th -- as if that will change things.

This is a pure money decision...

Yeah, what's up with that? I wasn't a fan of Hackenberg in his final year at PSU, but him not playing in this game makes zero sense. I really don't understand it. There is no reason to play Fitz.

@taylorrooks

If Hackenberg doesn't play Sunday...first QB drafted in first or second round since 2008 to not play a single snap as a rookie.

I repeat: second round picks are supposed to contribute.

@salsports

There you go. The risk of Taylor being injured and having to pay his guarantee was too great. But Rex was going to start him.

Rex was right.

How do you think Kyle Williams or Hughes or Gilmore or a host of others feel about the team risking an injury to them in a meaningless game? Either play it like a preseason game or play to win.

Rex was right.

How do you think Kyle Williams or Hughes or Gilmore or a host of others feel about the team risking an injury to them in a meaningless game? Either play it like a preseason game or play to win.

I don't disagree with the last line. I just lean towards preseason game. Only bad can come out of it. A loss gives better draft position and you don't risk major injury to anyone important moving forward. When I do the pros and cons, the pros of a preseason approach outweigh the cons for the franchise.

Rex was right.

My guess is they want to play. Most players want to play. If they don't, they are lazy.

Whaley should ask coach to sit them. But I think the players would want to play.

Edited by PolishDave

Rex was right.

I wonder if the players themselves will end up giving the same amount of effort that Mario did last year or Gilmore on that "tackle."