Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next head coach?

Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?

I'm leaning more and more to yes. He makes some head scratching play calls at times but his unit is rolling. I wouldn't want to mess with that. Slide Kromer over to OC and keep continuity on that side of the ball. Hire Gus Bradley to be the DC and draft a big-play safety.

I would like these moves too. Kromer as an OC and a solid 4-3 coaching staff will pay an immediate dividend. Watching the D-line neither stunt nor twist is absurd when you have such disruptive DTs who are single gap killers. Modern defenses need players to play fast within the game within the game.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaning more and more to yes. He makes some head scratching play calls at times but his unit is rolling. I wouldn't want to mess with that. Slide Kromer over to OC and keep continuity on that side of the ball. Hire Gus Bradley to be the DC and draft a big-play safety.

I agree. I did want Coughlin, but I've changed my mind because I'd be confident Lynn would do at least as solid of a job as Coughlin so why bother going the "star" coach route again. Especially considering that Lynn's HC career is just starting. You always want to have that happen for your franchise (just like the franchise QB position). Find the young HC that you can have for 10 years or more.

IMO, this team is close to breaking the no playoffs streak and only needs a tweak here and there for the right mix of coaches and players to do the job.

I'm willing to bet every fan base in the league questions a head scratching play call of their team's OC. And if the OC doesn't call any plays outside of the box they question their lack of aggressiveness. It's lonely at the top.

And Merry Christmas everybody.

Edited by purple haze

This guy is another punt of 4th down type of guy, thinks caveman football wins in this league. We need a forward thinking HC. As we have seen leading the league in rushing does not win games, you need to pass to set-up the run not the other way around. Sammy himself spoke about this, when your best player speaks about it the organization needs to listen and respond.

How long before he starts asking to be traded with this mickey mouse run run run offense run by a gimmick QB. TT is a joke for a starting QB and come up short for making smart plays, did anyone mention that if he did not run out of bounds late in the 4th quarter we could have killed at least another 40 sec off the clock?

Lynn is just another Rex Ryan thinker, run run pass. Get someone who understands the game and how play it in 2017, this is not the 80's. I guarantee that no NFL team other then Bills want this guy other then to have him come in for a interview to meet black interview requirements.

Why would you want someone from the the Rex Ryan coaching tree if you are firing Rex after 2 seasons? You may as well just keep Rex because you will be getting more of the same. Punt on 4th down and run run run...

Edited by Niagara Dude

This guy is another punt of 4th down type of guy, thinks caveman football wins in this league. We need a forward thinking HC. As we have seen leading the league in rushing does not win games, you need to pass to set-up the run not the other way around. Sammy himself spoke about this, when your best player speaks about it the organization needs to listen and respond.

How long before he starts asking to be traded with this mickey mouse run run run offense run by a gimmick QB. TT is a joke for a starting QB with zero for making smart plays, did anyone mention that if he did not run out of bounds late in the 4th quarter we could have killed another 40 sec off the clock?

Lynn is just another Rex Ryan thinker, run run pass. Get someone who understands the game and how play it in 2017, this is not the 80's. I guarantee that other then Bills no team want this guy other then to have him come in for a interview to meet black interview requirements.

It's ridiculous to assume Lynn is just a clone of Rex Ryan. The man seems very smart, reasoned and sure of himself in the press interviews I've seen. Your last point is laughable.

Last two play calls in overtime were REALLY STUPID. Stop using what was working and go to gadget plays. BUSH really ? Hell no.

LIke he has looked all season Bush looked really slow, like a 5.0 forty slow. If you are going try that play then use one of explosive speed guys and at the very least he gets back to the line or a few positive yards. Was one of many bonehead decisions and that is why you scrap the whole coaching staff after the season ends.

It's ridiculous to assume Lynn is just a clone of Rex Ryan. The man seems very smart, reasoned and sure of himself in the press interviews I've seen. Your last point is laughable.

Really... Dick Juaron 2.0 . Time to start over with someone new and who brings in their own people. Not interested in former RB as our new HC, caveman football (ground & pound) is losing football.

2nd and12 at the Miami 19 and he calls the most idiotic play you can think of! Last I check #22 had zero touches in game but #25 and #35 were running wild much of he day!

Why pull out that play then?

I want no part of this as a head coach!

2nd and12 at the Miami 19 and he calls the most idiotic play you can think of! Last I check #22 had zero touches in game but #25 and #35 were running wild much of he day!

Why pull out that play then?

I want no part of this as a head coach!

Thanks because we need a clean slate, we had a chance to win this game and he decides to run some gimmick play. Mike G up the middle who was running hard with no dancing in the backfield or pass to either Sammy would have been the best choices from the Miami 17.

Edited by Niagara Dude

No because he will retain the whole coaching staff minus Rex.

Has to be someone not currently on the team (if a coaching change will even happen).

Well, I agree that he should have a new staff. I doubt he would keep Thurman, and there's a good chance he'd want to put his own mark on the team. As a rookie head coach, I'd love to see him with a veteran DC. C'mon Philly, overreact with Doug Pederson so we can bring back Schwartz.

I think using the offensive stats could be very misleading in terms of deciding if this guy is HC material or not. He is running plays from someone else's playbook and we haven't seen TT progress. We also haven't seen sound game planning on a week to week basis. Lynn has been around Rex for years, that in itself would have me leaning the other way on a potential hire.

This coaching staff certainly hasn't had success with this group of players, the schedule was baby soft this year and they are sitting at 7-8. Find a new coach, change the program.

Not to derail this convo (but many have already brought this in), but what the heck does Tyrod have to do to show "progress"? He had 3 tds/0 ints and 329 yards and brought them back from a huge deficit (not his fault his coach couldn't call a timeout to ice a yippy kicker). 4 of his last 5 games he's had a passer rating above 100, and his total tds/total turnovers is beyond impressive.

Also, this schedule was hardly "baby soft." At worst, it was average and they played to their schedule's averageness. They played eight teams with winning records and eight teams with losing records. They had three west coast trips, which is insane. On the other hand, that was balanced a bit by a game where they came off their bye against a Bengals team on short rest. And I know there's going to be people who are going to talk about how dooooooomed we are for next year because next year's teams are impossible where this year's schedule was easy.

Well, I agree that he should have a new staff. I doubt he would keep Thurman, and there's a good chance he'd want to put his own mark on the team. As a rookie head coach, I'd love to see him with a veteran DC. C'mon Philly, overreact with Doug Pederson so we can bring back Schwartz.

Not to derail this convo (but many have already brought this in), but what the heck does Tyrod have to do to show "progress"? He had 3 tds/0 ints and 329 yards and brought them back from a huge deficit (not his fault his coach couldn't call a timeout to ice a yippy kicker). 4 of his last 5 games he's had a passer rating above 100, and his total tds/total turnovers is beyond impressive.

Also, this schedule was hardly "baby soft." At worst, it was average and they played to their schedule's averageness. They played eight teams with winning records and eight teams with losing records. They had three west coast trips, which is insane. On the other hand, that was balanced a bit by a game where they came off their bye against a Bengals team on short rest. And I know there's going to be people who are going to talk about how dooooooomed we are for next year because next year's teams are impossible where this year's schedule was easy.

Tyrod is still doing absolutely nothing presnap, that is caveman football at best and absolute garbage from my side of things. If you can't read a defense and adjust the play you are hurting the team. Did his 2 minute drill improve yesterday? I didn't watch the game but it has been slow and disorganized all season and zero change occured with Lynn calling the plays.

Hire a guy who's strengths coincide with modern day football and stop making things more difficult than they are. Last year I gave a breakdown of Sports Illustrated absolutely destroying the Bills "elementary" passing schemes. Trent Dilfer destroyed them, lol Trent Dilfer...

How many of those winning teams have we beat this year?