Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next head coach?

Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?

And hope that Lynn brings in a proven DC that runs a "Schwartz type" defense.

A good point is being made this morning that teams that fire coaches after 2 years dont look very good to head coaches around the league when it comes to longevity.

Dont blow it completley up....the offense is playing well...the D doesnt suit the players and has recently been excellent.

I'm with you on this. I think this team is right on the cusp of a playoff run and just needs to get the defense straightened out and a steady hand on the wheel.

Lynn seems like the type of young coach who's a natural fit for the HC position. He has the qualities that you want plus he has youth on his side. I really don't see him as being overwhelmed as the Bills HC.

This would keep the offense on an even keel going into next year and if they got a great DC like Bradley then there would be a lot of true optimism about where this team is heading even before the draft.

This is definitely not a blow the whole thing up situation. Look at how close they got to the playoffs, imagine if they just fix the defense!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on this. I think this team is right on the cusp of a playoff run and just needs to get the defense straightened out and a steady hand on the wheel.

Lynn seems like the type of young coach who's a natural fit for the HC position. He has the qualities that you want plus he has youth on his side. I really don't see him as being overwhelmed as the Bills HC.

This would keep the offense on an even keel going into next year and if they got a great DC like Bradley then there would be a lot of true optimism about where this team is heading even before the draft.

This is definitely not a blow the whole thing up situation. Look at how close they got to the playoffs, imagine if they just fix the defense!

This is a reasonable approach. I don't understand the blow up the whole thing comments, completely unnecessary! This team and organization has some very good assets. People need to be careful what they wish for, don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I LOVE how everything is that is not keep a coach from within or the QB = blow everything up jesus really people

You think if Bills Hired say Josh McDaniels he is coming to Buffalo and implementing a Spread.

No he will use the assets available to him and that is McCoy and Watson.

Not every coach out there is Rex married to a scheme and cant adapt their scheme to fit the talent on the team.

He also had one of the worst WR corps in NFL history the majority of the season. He put points on the board with a below average qb, no RT and no WRs. He was thouroughly impressive to me.

While I don't know if he's earned the HC position, I wouldn't want to lose him as OC. Tough decisions on the horizon. Rex should be fired without question. He ruined a legit defense with his system. If Lynn can bring in a good D.C. I would consider him for HC. Who else are we going to sign? Kyle shanahan? Ehhhhhh. I'd keep the O in place and see if someone can fix the defense. Quinn ugh the be a nice option. While not a good HC I think he can help turn around the D

So did exactly what Roman did in 2015

Love the always who else. Yes Kyle Shanahan he has more of a proven record than Lynn. Yes Josh McDaniels he has designed a freaking offense.

Holy crist the fear of something orher than AVG is amazing with this fanbase

Edited by MAJBobby

I LOVE how everything is that is not keep a coach from within or the QB = blow everything up jesus really people

You think if Bills Hired say Josh McDaniels he is coming to Buffalo and implementing a Spread.

No he will use the assets available to him and that is McCoy and Watson.

Not every coach out there is Rex married to a scheme and cant adapt their scheme to fit the talent on the team.

But it is a unkknown......did we think Rex was going to come in and turn our defense upside down?

I cannot understand where this idea came from and why it has so much support. I challenge his effectiveness as a real-time play caller and am often baffled at the call in critical game situations. He is riding the coat tails of Lesean Mccoy IMHO, and allowing him to run effectively does not take much thought or imagination. How that translates into head coaching qualifications is puzzling.

I vote yes.

Back up your statement.

Edited by jethro_tull

But it is a unkknown......did we think Rex was going to come in and turn our defense upside down?

Ummm yes. If your didnt you were Naive.

He was always coming in and puting his 3-4 in that was well reported.

The fear of trying to get better than avg in this fanbase is amazing to me.

Ummm yes. If your didnt you were Naive.

He was always coming in and puting his 3-4 in that was well reported.

The fear of trying to get better than avg in this fanbase is amazing to me.

I say that keeping something together that is actually playing well rather then blowing it up does not mean the same as trying get get better then average.....

If they can improve this defense they will immediately be better

The very last thing I would like to see in Buffalo is a head coach new to being an NFL head coach! The learning curve is so steep and so unforgiving to head coaches new to the NFL. As Chan Gailey said "you don't know what you don't know".

Particularly someone who was a RB coach for 12 years and became an assistant HC in 2015 while still being a RB coach. Then in 2016 took over as OC after Greg Roman was fired after two weeks. I'd rather see someone more successful as an OC in running an offense for a few years.

As someone else mentioned this is Rex Ryan's offense which he wanted a run-first scheme that Greg Roman installed and it is Roman's playbook the team is running with.

If I were to choose a person new to being a head coach I think it would be either Kyle Shanahan who has been brilliant in getting the ball to the Falcons playmakers with the #1 offense in points, #2 offense in yards. Or perhaps Redskins OC Sean McVay who had that Redskin offense #9 in points and #3 in yards.

As for an experienced HC, I'd go for Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher or Jim Schwartz. Above all else, this franchise is in desperate need of a team president of football operations for several reasons. First to evaluate the scouts to find the reason they are so bad in finding offensive talent. Next, the team doctors and trainers need to be upgraded so the team isn't constantly bringing in injured players in free agency or the draft.

I would short term show me contract for Lynn as HC/OC

DC like Schwartz ,not complex, 4-3

Renegotiate Taylor as a bridge to develop next staring QB.

TT $12-14 M base with good incentives , 2 years guaranteed.

The very last thing I would like to see in Buffalo is a head coach new to being an NFL head coach! The learning curve is so steep and so unforgiving to head coaches new to the NFL. As Chan Gailey said "you don't know what you don't know".

Particularly someone who was a RB coach for 12 years and became an assistant HC in 2015 while still being a RB coach. Then in 2016 took over as OC after Greg Roman was fired after two weeks. I'd rather see someone more successful as an OC in running an offense for a few years.

As someone else mentioned this is Rex Ryan's offense which he wanted a run-first scheme that Greg Roman installed and it is Roman's playbook the team is running with.

If I were to choose a person new to being a head coach I think it would be either Kyle Shanahan who has been brilliant in getting the ball to the Falcons playmakers with the #1 offense in points, #2 offense in yards. Or perhaps Redskins OC Sean McVay who had that Redskin offense #9 in points and #3 in yards.

As for an experienced HC, I'd go for Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher or Jim Schwartz. Above all else, this franchise is in desperate need of a team president of football operations for several reasons. First to evaluate the scouts to find the reason they are so bad in finding offensive talent. Next, the team doctors and trainers need to be upgraded so the team isn't constantly bringing in injured players in free agency or the draft.

Tom Couglin - old as fuk

Bill Cowher - NOT coming out of retirement

Jim Schwartz - NOT a good HC.....

The decision what what to do next has as much to do with HC options as it does anything else.

So what has he done besides run Romans offense after Roman was scapegoated by Rex? Fired after a game his offense hung over 30

If you really like this offense and thats why you want Lynn you are stumping for the wrong guy. Thats Gregg Roman

I remember reading that Roman was fired because his offense was "too complicated" and because the plays were coming in too late. Well then why is the defensive coordinator still employed?

I say that keeping something together that is actually playing well rather then blowing it up does not mean the same as trying get get better then average.....

If they can improve this defense they will immediately be better

Where and why does hiring an outside coach = blowing it up jesus

Watson was just a punt catcher. And a pretty good one. Wade said so.

Yeah good catch guess i have to many arguments going on names running together

Tom Couglin - old as fuk

Bill Cowher - NOT coming out of retirement

Jim Schwartz - NOT a good HC.....

The decision what what to do next has as much to do with HC options as it does anything else.

So same argument as QB for not taking a chance on getting better

I remember reading that Roman was fired because his offense was "too complicated" and because the plays were coming in too late. Well then why is the defensive coordinator still employed?

Because he is a HC and needed to scapegoat something after Jets debacle. Nevermind that complicated Roman offense Hung 30 and has continued to ride the back of Shady all year

Where and why does hiring an outside coach = blowing it up jesus

Yeah good catch guess i have to many arguments going on names running together

So same argument as QB for not taking a chance on getting better

Because he is a HC and needed to scapegoat something after Jets debacle. Nevermind that complicated Roman offense Hung 30 and has continued to ride the back of Shady all year

I thought you were saying QB Watson......which I think is a good pick

That was the reason Rob Ryan was brought on, to correct that. During our 4-week win streak it looked like a smart move. But other teams figured out what we were doing and the Ryan Bumbling Brothers Circus had no answers.