Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next head coach?

Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the Bills.

A 15 year RB coach finally gets a promotion because the OC was scapegoated

Runs the fired OCs offense

And can get Bills fans wanting him for HC

Do you know Anthony Lynn or something, are you behind the scenes? Because if you're not, your presumption of knowledge about the situation is baffling. John Harbaugh was along time special teams coach and then won the SB. For all we know, Lynn may be the next great coach. Unless of course, you have some super tidbit of inside info about him we don't know.

Edited by horned dogs

This offense is in fact 5th in the league in scoring and that is with all the pass catcher injuries this offseason......

Why would we want to lose that and go into a 4 year rebiuld on both sides of the ball

I am hoping that the reports the Pegulas love Lynn are true and it does not get completely blown up

Do you realize that your faulting a OC that nearly had 600 yards of offense out of his team on Sunday?

They dont make the best decision ALL the time......none of them do.

This O is FIFTH in scoring points IN THE NFL

How do you even know what Lynn's offense is going to look like though? And wouldn't Lynn be bringing in an offensive coordinator who would be designing his own offense anyway? I don't get the infatuation with making a guy a head coach when you haven't even seen his offense yet? How do you know what you would get? Don't you want to know that first? Assuming you are going to get a top 5 scoring offense by promoting the running back's coach to head coach is not a good assumption. Dude hasn't even tried to design an offense for the NFL yet - at least not one that we have seen.

This offense is in fact 5th in the league in scoring and that is with all the pass catcher injuries this offseason......

Why would we want to lose that and go into a 4 year rebiuld on both sides of the ball

I am hoping that the reports the Pegulas love Lynn are true and it does not get completely blown up

Do you realize that your faulting a OC that nearly had 600 yards of offense out of his team on Sunday?

They dont make the best decision ALL the time......none of them do.

This O is FIFTH in scoring points IN THE NFL

It wasn't just yesterday, the Bills playcalling in crunch time has been poor all year. If you want to keep Lynn as OC, fine, but elevating him to HC? No. I see his lack of game awareness in crucial situations as a fatal flaw. That's not a small thing. It's that difference that wins in the NFL. He needs more experience.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Do you know Anthony Lynn or something, are you behind the scenes? Because if you're not, your presumption of knowledge about the situation is baffling. John Harbaugh was along time special teams coach and then won the SB. For all we know, Lynn may be the next great coach. Unless of course, you have some super tidbit of inside info about him we don't know.

So what has he done besides run Romans offense after Roman was scapegoated by Rex? Fired after a game his offense hung over 30

If you really like this offense and thats why you want Lynn you are stumping for the wrong guy. Thats Gregg Roman

Edited by MAJBobby

So what has he done besides run Romans offense after Roman was scapegoated by Rex? Fired after a game his offense hung over 30

He's running another playbook to the point of getting enough guys open that we're picking Tyrod to pieces for missing them :)

HC might be premature but I'm reasonably comfortable with him staying as OC for a while. Besides the odd stupid play call and a few rough patches in situational awareness, I think he's done a decent job.

What does one have to do with the other?

Makes it very easy to get a return on investment when your fan base is easy to please

Missing the point (problem) again. IT'S THE DEFENSE!!!!

And yet we are talking about Lynn see ya

He's running another playbook to the point of getting enough guys open that we're picking Tyrod to pieces for missing them :)

HC might be premature but I'm reasonably comfortable with him staying as OC for a while. Besides the odd stupid play call and a few rough patches in situational awareness, I think he's done a decent job.

How is that any different though that Roman did in week 1 and 2

My point it everyone wants to give Lynn the credit for the scoring the running the offense its not his

He just took Romans and kept the same output

From what I read about Lynn when he got the coordinators job hes a bit of a hard ass and a disciplinarian which is exactly what this team and especially the gangha king need. Many complain about tyrod but guess whose seventh in the league in scoring. The Bills. Hope he gets the job and is smart enough to bring in a coordinator on defense who has a system more suited to our talent. I remember a few years back pre rex when we beat the packers and made Rodgers look stupid. One of the players on defense said they stayed in one look almost the entire second half. Dont need sixty different fronts with ten variations of each look to be effective.

Edited by TANK2

From what I read about Lynn when he got the coordinators job hes a bit of a hard ass and a disciplinarian which is exactly what this team and especially the gangha king need. Many complain about tyrod but guess whose seventh in the league in scoring. The Bills. Hope he gets the job and is smart enough to bring in a coordinator on defense who has a system more suited to our talent. I remember a few years back pre rex when we beat the packers and made Rodgers look stupid. One of the players on defense said they stayed in one look almost the entire second half. Dont need sixty different fronts with ten variations of each look to be effective.

Wasnt Marrone a hard ass and disciplinarian and that did nothing right.

Actually still had a TON of penalties and undisciplined play.

If you really like this offense and thats why you want Lynn you are stumping for the wrong guy. Thats Gregg Roman

If he were named HC, it is quite likely someone like Kromer takes over as OC. In Chicago he threw the ball more we do. I'm guessing the offense would be alot less G Roman. We certainly don't want to get rid of the aspects that work well, the running game. Lynn being HC and promoted also helps with the perception league wide of cleaning house after 2 years.

Wasnt Marrone a hard ass and disciplinarian and that did nothing right.

Actually still had a TON of penalties and undisciplined play.

Would you prefer hard ass disciplinarian or players coach

(note: I am asking your opinion....there is not wrong or right answer here)

If he were named HC, it is quite likely someone like Kromer takes over as OC. In Chicago he threw the ball more we do. I'm guessing the offense would be alot less G Roman. We certainly don't want to get rid of the aspects that work well, the running game. Lynn being HC and promoted also helps with the perception league wide of cleaning house after 2 years.

That is my thinking as well

We should not assume that Lynn at HC would not mean the exact same offense.....he didnt get a chance to install his system it was in season.

Let me ask you this.

Is any coach pick a name outside of this organization going to come in and look at this running game and overhaul it.

Comon you have an ELITE RB and the No2 Run Blocking OL

You dont need to promote a guy that really just lived off someone elses offense for his glory to keep that.

We should not assume that Lynn at HC would not mean the exact same offense.....he didnt get a chance to install his system it was in season.

He has also shown a penchant for coming out throwing the ball. Something GRO almost never did.

How is that any different though that Roman did in week 1 and 2

My point it everyone wants to give Lynn the credit for the scoring the running the offense its not his

He just took Romans and kept the same output

On the face of it, it's no different. I said at the time, Roman was a convenient scapegoat. Some of the comments from Shady recently make it sound like the issue with Roman was personal and not schematic. Maybe Lynn relates to players better, especially having played the game at the top level before. Shouldn't matter too much but apparently it does.

I didn't want Roman gone, same way I don't want Lynn gone. I can't knock Lynn for what he's done if I liked what Roman did. Anthony Lynn isn't a part of the problem. I'm okay with giving him the time to prove that he's part of the solution on the evidence gained in the past 13 games.

I would prefer a HC that can do both Styles. You know a leader. Can look at a bunch of young professionals with alot of money and figure out how to address each of the 53 to get their best output.

Heck go hire me a BN Commander. They can do it with 100s a HC only needs to do it with 53