Trump foreign policy

11 hours ago, Hedge said:

Putting this here only because I am to lazy to do digging for an old Obama Foreign Policy thread to give credit where it is properly due! ?

The stupid is still strong with this one.

2009-2016: Bad thing happens = Blame Bush

2009-2016: Good thing happens = Praise Obama

2017-present: Good thing happens = Praise Obama

2017-present: Bad thing happens = #orangemanbad

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hedge said:

Putting this here only because I am to lazy to do digging for an old Obama Foreign Policy thread to give credit where it is properly due! ?

The stupid is still strong with this one.

“...And we’re going to al-Qaim!  And then on to Deir al-Zour!  Then to Raqqa, and then on to Mosul,  Yeeeaaaahhh!!!!”

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This can't be a sign of anything good. Only 100 troops, buuuuuutttt... 

Russian air force planes land in Venezuela carrying troops: report

Two Russian air force planes landed in Venezuela’s main airport on Saturday carrying a Russian defense official and nearly 100 troops, according to a local journalist, amid strengthening ties between Caracas and Moscow.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This can't be a sign of anything good. Only 100 troops, buuuuuutttt... 

Russian air force planes land in Venezuela carrying troops: report

Two Russian air force planes landed in Venezuela’s main airport on Saturday carrying a Russian defense official and nearly 100 troops, according to a local journalist, amid strengthening ties between Caracas and Moscow.

</snip>

got to protect their nukes/bombers there.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. Which meant arming ISIS, supporting AQ and funding our enemies (while lying about it to the American people). 

With the support of a deferential, crooked, media.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's almost like whoever was taking it knew what was about to happen. And they were filming from relative cover/safety, assuming the strike was on target. They better hope no one figures out who they are! :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hedge said:

It's almost like whoever was taking it knew what was about to happen. And they were filming from relative cover/safety, assuming the strike was on target. They better hope no one figures out who they are! :ph34r:

What?....people don’t randomly film late night dark streets around the cover of a doorway?

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

I read somewhere that the Israelis routinely warn the Palestinians when they're going to be dropping bombs in civilian areas, to minimize civilian casualties.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I read somewhere that the Israelis routinely warn the Palestinians when they're going to be dropping bombs in civilian areas, to minimize civilian casualties.

don't they then stack more civilians in the site to make a point?

Macron under fire for saying incident that badly injured 73-year-old ‘Yellow Vest’ lady hopefully taught her a lesson

</snip>

Macron, who was in the area Sunday for a meeting with visiting Chinese President Xi Jinping, told the Nice-Matin newspaper that he wished Legay a “speedy recovery, and perhaps a degree of wisdom”.

“When one is fragile and risks being shoved, one does not go to places that are declared off-limits and one does not put oneself in a situation like that,” he said.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Macron under fire for saying incident that badly injured 73-year-old ‘Yellow Vest’ lady hopefully taught her a lesson

</snip>

Macron, who was in the area Sunday for a meeting with visiting Chinese President Xi Jinping, told the Nice-Matin newspaper that he wished Legay a “speedy recovery, and perhaps a degree of wisdom”.

“When one is fragile and risks being shoved, one does not go to places that are declared off-limits and one does not put oneself in a situation like that,” he said.

</snip>

Macron does have a point

Just now, GG said:

Macron does have a point

That we should all allow globalists to take over our countries, dictate to us, take away weapons, hope, and dreams, and not be allowed to complain about any of it?

Yeah, hard pass on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

That we should all allow globalists to take over our countries, dictate to us, take away weapons, hope, and dreams, and not be allowed to complain about any of it?

Yeah, hard pass on that. 

No, if a 70 yr old woman decides to go to the front of the rampart, she shouldn't cry when she gets hurt

31 minutes ago, GG said:

No, if a 70 yr old woman decides to go to the front of the rampart, she shouldn't cry when she gets hurt

Soooo she asked for it? She shouldn't be allowed to protest without the expectations of a cracked head? I'm not sure where you are going with this, but it doesn't sound like anywhere I want to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Soooo she asked for it? She shouldn't be allowed to protest without the expectations of a cracked head? I'm not sure where you are going with this, but it doesn't sound like anywhere I want to be. 

Open borders MUST be maintained at all costs. There's BUSINESS to be done, don't you know? Immigration law is for backward thinkers. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't change my opinion on the form of protest, whether I agree or disagree with the underlying cause. 

Before I answer, I'll ask you if you would hold the same opinion if the yellow vests were Antifa?

21 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't change my opinion on the form of protest, whether I agree or disagree with the underlying cause. 

Before I answer, I'll ask you if you would hold the same opinion if the yellow vests were Antifa?

I am pretty sure that the yellow vests started off as a grassroots movement. I am also fairly certain they have been "infiltrated"  by paid agitators. Who is funding those agitators? Welllll I have an opinion *adjusts aluminum foil chapeau*  Do I believe that paid agitators enjoy the same benevolence as grassroots protestors? If they are peaceable, certainly. If they are not, no. 

I firmly believe people should have a right to protest peaceably. In my opinion, it is a tenant of "free speech"  (the French have freedom of expression but things are getting worse, not better over there - you are probably not aware of this, but my MIL and BIL were French citizens before becoming American citizens. Hubby has loads of relatives there, and we get to fly into Nice later this year... where this protest took place. While we are not completely up to date on the yellow vest movement, we are more aware of it than the average American might be.)

44 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Open borders MUST be maintained at all costs. There's BUSINESS to be done, don't you know? Immigration law is for backward thinkers. :lol:

My husband is less than pleased with the French government. He firmly believed they learned their lesson with Algiers, and cannot believe they did not.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/03/25/trump-is-too-pro-netanyahu-for-his-own-base-israel-polls-evangelicals/?utm_source=PostUp&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=11933&amp;utm_term=Flashpoints OC

Wasn't sure where to stick this link in the foreign policy thread or media thread. But the first few paragraphs of this "article" are a breathtaking illustration of just how crooked even "RESPECTABLE" media outlets are when it comes to Trump coverage:

The latest extraordinary move regarding the Golan Heights will not only face widespread diplomatic opposition; it will play into the hands of those who want to make a mockery of U.S. democracy—a country capable of electing a visibly ignorant real estate tycoon, who brought in his unelected and stunningly inexperienced son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to guide his Middle East policy. Kushner, whose family has been friendly with Netanyahu since he was a teenager, has broken with long-held U.S. policy and United Nations resolutions all while the American public watches helplessly.

Really? Really Foreign Policy? Is it inconceivable that Trump actually KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING when it comes to Israel? Heaven knows I hate the media for their outright ridiculousness, but this is just...what's the word I'm looking for? Obscene?

Edit: in another SHOCKING development in this article, we find that people under 35 are completely brainwashed by the progressive educational system.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Joe in Winslow

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am pretty sure that the yellow vests started off as a grassroots movement. I am also fairly certain they have been "infiltrated"  by paid agitators. Who is funding those agitators? Welllll I have an opinion *adjusts aluminum foil chapeau*  Do I believe that paid agitators enjoy the same benevolence as grassroots protestors? If they are peaceable, certainly. If they are not, no. 

I firmly believe people should have a right to protest peaceably. In my opinion, it is a tenant of "free speech"  (the French have freedom of expression but things are getting worse, not better over there - you are probably not aware of this, but my MIL and BIL were French citizens before becoming American citizens. Hubby has loads of relatives there, and we get to fly into Nice later this year... where this protest took place. While we are not completely up to date on the yellow vest movement, we are more aware of it than the average American might be.)

France also has a long history of non-peaceful protests, which are standard there for a minority party to voice its opinion.  That's the stark difference between the USA's form of democracy vs France's.  I'm afraid that their version is being imported here by the same forces that you're afraid of.  USA's aggrieved know to take their action through the ballot box, not through street protests and vandalism.

Yellow vests get our sympathy because at the root they are protesting government overreach.  Doesn't mean we must also condone the methods, which are more than civil disobedience, and include blocking roads, vandalism and attacks on the President's residence.   These protests have been violent, and the government's response shouldn't be surprising, nor the facts that someone who's smack in the middle of a violent protest got hurt.

20 minutes ago, GG said:

France also has a long history of non-peaceful protests, which are standard there for a minority party to voice its opinion.  That's the stark difference between the USA's form of democracy vs France's.  I'm afraid that their version is being imported here by the same forces that you're afraid of.  USA's aggrieved know to take their action through the ballot box, not through street protests and vandalism.

Yellow vests get our sympathy because at the root they are protesting government overreach.  Doesn't mean we must also condone the methods, which are more than civil disobedience, and include blocking roads, vandalism and attacks on the President's residence.   These protests have been violent, and the government's response shouldn't be surprising, nor the facts that someone who's smack in the middle of a violent protest got hurt.

They did not begin that way. And why I think - like all good peaceful protests with early success - they were infiltrated.  IOW the violence was planned and carried out with a  nefarious purpose to discredit the yellow vest movement.  Sometimes having no leader for a movement is not a good thing. 

Now, who has paid for the infiltrators? That is where my tin foil hat is seeking better data. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My husband is less than pleased with the French government. He firmly believed they learned their lesson with Algiers, and cannot believe they did not.

They never should have been so easy on Rick in Casablanca.