The answer to RT - Cordy Glenn

Dragonborn10

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CK is fine at LT. Maybe the knee injury and inability to play on the right side is real. Regardless he has played well enough for me to move Glenn to RT and leave CK at LT. Mills would be perfectly fine coming back as a swing tackle but he may want starting RT money. I find it unlikely but teams overpay all the time. Glenn is already paid so he should not care which position he is playing.

Yep. Been thinking this all season. Just do it Bills. CG has his LT $$. Now lets get the best O Line on the field we can.

- Way, way, way to early to know if CK can be a quality LT.

- Still remains to be seen how Glenn would play at RT. As noted about CK, sometimes a guy is only good on one side. Flipping sides is usually much tougher than most think and even when a player can do it, it usually takes time.

- Short term money won't be an issue, but if CK is successful at LT and Glenn is successful at RT then things are going to be ugly when CK is due a new contract and Glenn is still making big LT money. That is probably not feasible. And CK has only one more season on his deal. Is it worth movingly Glenn for 2017 only to possibly move him back in 2018? That seems to be inviting some real issues.

Edited by BarleyNY

CK is fine at LT. Maybe the knee injury and inability to play on the right side is real. Regardless he has played well enough for me to move Glenn to RT and leave CK at LT. Mills would be perfectly fine coming back as a swing tackle but he may want starting RT money. I find it unlikely but teams overpay all the time. Glenn is already paid so he should not care which position he is playing.

Yes I think Kujo LT and Glenn RT is the first thing they should try.

Mills probably won't be back for more than the minimum and Henderson may be back as fall back options.

I think what it comes down to is:

1) The Bills have too many needs to address in free agency to address RT

2) They need to be using their premium draft picks on potential stars at critical positions......those $15M+ per year types......not on RT's or MLB's or even on safeties.

When it comes to drafting a RT early please keep in mind the belief around the league that OL are taking much longer to develop.......some personnel men think it takes 3 years before even talented ones are up to the task.

Not saying there aren't exceptions but the point is that there is a very strong likelihood that those "needs" aren't really addressed with early round picks.........see Shaq and Ragnuts this year......they were supposed to be shoe-in impactful starters and they have had very little impact whatsoever.

Don't draft to patch holes.

CK's injury aside some guys move better on the left and/or the right. I don't think it's necessarily the best idea to just move Glenn. He might move better on the left side. If that's the case then I wouldn't move him just to get CK on the field.

Let's not get carried away with the inability to move either way........Glenn doesn't have a bad knee. What Tasker was implying with Kujo in the preseason is that the Kujo was having a problem with his pushoff leg because of his knee......which probably has some nerve damage. Glenn should be more than fine if moved to RT.

This is an idea the team should look into. Henderson has his medical issues. The team has a solid line and the draft will focus on the secondary and QB in the premium rounds. Might take a OT in the late rounds.

There's no reason not to move Cordy to RT if he can handle it.

The only reason he wouldn't move is because he wants to get paid like a LT, which he's already done.

If it gets your best 5 on the field, do it.

I think we forget that point, making the OP comments viable.

Something to consider in the off season

You guys live in a by gone era. The difference between LT and RT is meaningless in protection and how defenses attack. Defenses attack the weakest part of the line and move their pass rushers around. Mills is a capable run blocker but awful as a pass protector. CK has played well enough this year to consider the move permanent. Just put your best five on the field. So what if the RT is well paid. CK and Miller are on rookie deals and the rest of the line is under contract.

I don't think it is old fashioned if you have a pocket quarterback to want their blindside prioritised. If someone is gonna get beat right off the line I'd rather it be the man the QB can see coming. But as I say, Tyrod isn't a pocket Quarterback, so some of those same considerations don't apply. I would consider it in the offseason if we end up moving on with Tyrod.

I think we forget that point, making the OP comments viable.

Something to consider in the off season

It'd probably only be financially viable for 2017 though. CK is a FA after 2017 and would, presumably, want to be paid like a quality starting LT if he is one. I don't think the Bills can carry two OT contracts like Glenn's. If CK walks, then we are likely asking Glenn to come back to LT. Or would you look to pay CK, trade Glenn and find a new RT? It would depend on CK's level of play and the health of both. Still, it might be a good solution for 2017 while another OT is brought along for 2018.

Keep Glenn at LT.

Make a good "mix tape" of Cujo playing LT, trade him for a 2nd round pick, if you can't, keep him for depth.

Sign Andrew Withworth for the next two years to play RT, he is still balling at 35 years old.

Re-sign Mills for one year and draft a RT in 2018.

Keep Glenn at LT.

Make a good "mix tape" of Cujo playing LT, trade him for a 2nd round pick, if you can't, keep him for depth.

Sign Andrew Withworth for the next two years to play RT, he is still balling at 35 years old.

They won't get anything for Kujo in trade......he's unproven.......misses games to injury.......probably won't pass a physical for many teams.

But he fits here and if he fails Glenn can always be moved back.

I like Whitworth but the Bills probably don't have the cap room to spend on a RT this year. Kujo and Glenn are under contract.....no additional charge.

If Tyrod leaves I'd be more on board with spending on an OT because the OL will be exposed without him.

Glenn is really the only exceptional all-around OL the Bills have........the rest are turnstiles in pass pro.....propped up by the defense having to play contain in the run game.

A statuesque QB better have a Philip Rivers-esque quickness and bravado to survive behind these run blockers.

Keep Glenn at LT.

Mills isn't worth keeping at all IMO.

Good plan. I'm onboard for it. Well, except for the Mills thing. He can be fired. Gotta get someone else in there.

There's no reason not to move Cordy to RT if he can handle it.

The only reason he wouldn't move is because he wants to get paid like a LT, which he's already done.

If it gets your best 5 on the field, do it.

But why move a borderline pro bowl player to a position they have never played? I always respect your position but that mentality is why Marrone had Pears playing G which killed his value.