The answer to RT - Cordy Glenn

Dragonborn10

I think this needs to be seriously considered for next season after another solid performance by Kujo.

This team has enough holes to fill this offseason that it would be nice to fill one of them with players already on the roster.

Cordy Glenn is great at LT, but I truly believe he would be an elite-level RT.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CK held up pretty well against the Ravens in week 1 when Glenn went out .. and he was also very solid at LT in preseason. It is his natural position.. a position he played in college.

I would love to see the Bills experiment in training camp/ preseason Glenn at RT and CK at LT.

Also Glenn already got paid LT money.. so it's not like he'll take a future financial hit by moving to RT

Agreed. And Glenn can always go back to LT if we wanna let CK go and draft an RT in 2018.

Kuondijo has more than held his own at LT, I wouldn't mind seeing Glenn at RT if only because it puts the best OLine on the field at one time

If CK is one of the best 5 next season , not good on our part.

Must be still watching the games his rookie year...he has played very well this year at LT when Glenn has been out...noticed virtually no difference...Tyrod has not been under pressure from the left much at all...

Speculated CK needs to play LT because at RT his knee causes issues

Groy has done a very nice job at center as well...haven't missed Wood very much and I thought that was a death blow for this OL...

Edited by matter2003

You guys live in a by gone era. The difference between LT and RT is meaningless in protection and how defenses attack. Defenses attack the weakest part of the line and move their pass rushers around. Mills is a capable run blocker but awful as a pass protector. CK has played well enough this year to consider the move permanent. Just put your best five on the field. So what if the RT is well paid. CK and Miller are on rookie deals and the rest of the line is under contract.

Agree

I'd prefer that, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. You never know how the draft will fall and I'm not expecting the solution at RT to come in FA. The Bills might have to get creative.

Why? Why wont it come UFA. See Raiders OL majority UFAs.

Ok here is the question

You move Glenn to RT he struggles do yoh move him back to LT right away?

So what did you gain?

Draft or Sign a REAL RT

Why? Why wont it come UFA. See Raiders OL majority UFAs.

Ok here is the question

You move Glenn to RT he struggles do yoh move him back to LT right away?

So what did you gain?

Draft or Sign a REAL RTI

I am starting to think it is a unique situation

Kujo can be had for peanuts at this point

Glenn probably a pro bowler at RT

I am starting to think it is a unique situation

Kujo can be had for peanuts at this point

Glenn probably a pro bowler at RT

And we know this how the fact he has never taken a snap on the right side or RT in his career.

First we wanted to make him a OG. (I was a littlr better with that). Now a RT.

How about you just get a RT for crying outloud.

Can Glenn play on the right side of the line? Won't his technique suffer from the change? IIRC he always played LG at Georgia, why would it be easy for him to transition to RT but not for Cujo?

I think they should give Cujo another shot at RT before making big changes.

How about this.

Keep a top end LT at LT and draft or sign a RT. Easy

MAJ - how many guys are you going to draft and sign in FA?

I count RT, QB, CB, #2 WR, and two safeties if I have followed your posts correctly. That is five starters and a rookie QB.

Are you advocating using the tag on Gilmore? I am.

My plan keeps Gilmore for another year, puts the best five OL on the field and leaves the draft and FA to rebuild the safety positions, draft another QB to develop, and find a #2 WR.

Did you see a drop off in play between Glenn and CK? I did not. If CK really can't play the RT moving Glenn to RT seems the best move.

Can Glenn play on the right side of the line? Won't his technique suffer from the change? IIRC he always played LG at Georgia, why would it be easy for him to transition to RT but not for Cujo?

I think they should give Cujo another shot at RT before making big changes.

That is a very fair point. If Glenn struggles at RT then CK remains the swing, Henderson is on suspension, and they draft a RT in the first three rounds.

MAJ - how many guys are you going to draft and sign in FA?

I count RT, QB, CB, #2 WR, and two safeties if I have followed your posts correctly. That is five starters and a rookie QB.

Are you advocating using the tag on Gilmore? I am.

My plan keeps Gilmore for another year, puts the best five OL on the field and leaves the draft and FA to rebuild the safety positions, draft another QB to develop, and find a #2 WR.

Did you see a drop off in play between Glenn and CK? I did not. If CK really can't play the RT moving Glenn to RT seems the best move.

That is a very fair point. If Glenn struggles at RT then CK remains the swing, Henderson is on suspension, and they draft a RT in the first three rounds.

Yeah that seems about right so far

Rookie QB

Tagging Gilmore so dont need a CB right away this year. (Also need to see scheme we play)

WR yep (draft though imo) i also still have Listenbee coming and Can Re-sign Hunter cheap

RT can get one in UFA if there if not take my third compensatory i get for Tyrod and get in there. Miller should be fine with a rookie next to him at this point. Vollmer and Whitworth maybe even Kalil are my TGTs here

Safeties i know i need 1. Likely two but depends on Williams health.

So right now i am signing or drafting 3 maybe 4 starters

More than enough cap space after not picking up option to do.

I can still also upgrade elswhere too because if i restructure Kyle i free more space. Same with Eric.

Logically this team does not need much (depending on the scheme switch on defense)

Might also need another LBer even if I can re-sign Brown. Need a SLB.

Edited by MAJBobby

very young. he just turned 23 in July.

Btw he improved so much more under Kromer than with Marrone and Pat Morris or whoever his OL coach was.

It would seem that now that Kromer has his beach chairs back, he's a very good OL coach.