La Canfora on FAN 590: Bills Situation "Toxic"

Doutz

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Mularkey resigning in 2004 have to do with the current ownership or management at OBD?

You don't find it odd that Mularkey and Marrone both quit when that never happens at the NFL level?

Look how Marrone turned into a totally different guy the second year. Shouting matches, reports of dysfunction, issues and infighting in the front office.

It was all made up in August if 2015. A few months later the coach quit, which nobody thought he would do. Then he trashed the team to anyone who would listen.

I agree that you have to be skeptical of these stories. But we have a long history of them coming up again and again, coupled with two head coaches just walking away.

That tells me something is wrong.

Edited by TheFunPolice

You don't find it odd that Mularkey and Marrone both quit when that never happens at the NFL level?

Look how Marrone turned into a totally different guy the second year. Shouting matches, reports of dysfunction, issues and infighting in the front office.

It was all made up in August if 2015. A few months later the coach quit, which nobody thought he would do. Then he trashed the team to anyone who would listen.

Don't ask me questions. Explain the connection

Sound to me like he it just throwing **** at a wall and hoping some sticks.

His credibility continues to shrink with the "insider" community.

I wonder if his sources are "from deep within" and the same ones Skooby had? :lol:

I cant believe Bills fans here 'circle the wagons' and defend the team and organization whenever questioned

Consider the source.

The fact that this "insider" was just flat out wrong about what he said would happen Monday and was wrong earlier in the year. But obviously he's right this time because it fits a narrative.

Don't ask me questions. Explain the connection

Is that an order?

Both saw what a complete mess the front office was then and is now and were so frustrated they quit, like people do at jobs all the time.

The thing is it does not happen in the NFL. Head coaches do not quit. We've had two do it in the 2000s.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I agree that you have to be skeptical of these stories. But we have a long history of them coming up again and again, coupled with two head coaches just walking away.

That tells me something is wrong.

it goes back to Butler. Many people with power still here from when Butler said it was tough to work in Buffalo. It wasnt because of Ralph, but his people. Many of those people still employed at One Bills Drive.

Consider the source.

The fact that this "insider" was just flat out wrong about what he said would happen Monday and was wrong earlier in the year. But obviously he's right this time because it fits a narrative.

He was probably just throwing it out there in case it happened but I think he actually said "it may happen as soon as Monday" if they lost. Not that it would happen. He left himself an out. Just to clarify, not saying I love the guy or he's right.

I listened to John Clayton on wgr this week and he said he heard the same stuff out of Bflo on Sunday morning before that story dropped (around noon) but that in his mind it wasn't enough to report.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Very different situations. Marrone was facing a change in ownership, and had a lucrative out clause. That's an uncertain situation, but not dysfunctional.

Mularkey, on the other hand...that was a truly dysfunctional situation, as I recall.