La Canfora on FAN 590: Bills Situation "Toxic"

Doutz

He was probably just throwing it out there in case it happened but I think he actually said "it may happen as soon as Monday" if they lost. Not that it would happen. He left himself an out. Just to clarify not saying I love the guy or he's right.

Yep. And we all have a strong suspicion Rex is done, so I'm not sure why he's being killed for that report. It was the proverbial fork, as La Canfora said.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was probably just throwing it out there in case it happened but I think he actually said "it may happen as soon as Monday" if they lost. Not that it would happen. He left himself an out. Just to clarify not saying I love the guy or he's right.

Yea but he's been doing that a lot lately, since joining CBS really. He's lost a lot of credibility.

Is that an order?

Both saw what a complete mess the front office was then and is now and were so frustrated they quit, like people do at jobs all the time.

The thing is it does not happen in the NFL. Head coaches do not quit. We've had two do it in the 2000s.

Ten years apart in completely different scenarios where neither was a hot commodity. Complete mess? No. You and many others highly exaggerate based upon recent results. They are mediocre not disastrous.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He was probably just throwing it out there in case it happened but I think he actually said "it may happen as soon as Monday" if they lost. Not that it would happen. He left himself an out. Just to clarify, not saying I love the guy or he's right.

I listened to John Clayton on wgr this week and he said he heard the same stuff out of Bflo on Sunday morning before that story dropped (around noon) but that in his mind it wasn't enough to report.

too much smoke for there not to be a fire. This isn't new to One Bills Drive. Dysfunction has been here for decades.

Don't ask me questions. Explain the connection

I will explain, but you will disagree.

The Bills were moving in a direction to give Wilson's trusted money guys in Overdorf, Littman, and Brandon more say in football matters, as Donahoe was ejected. An agreeable Marv Levy was coming in, trusted by Wilson, but incapable of the GM position. One of his roles was going to be to continue showing Russ Brandon the ropes on the football side. Mularkey saw the writing on the wall and direction the Bills were going in and didnt want his career to be attached to this. The result was 2 mediocre seasons, followed by a 6-peat for last place finishes.

it goes back to Butler. Many people with power still here from when Butler said it was tough to work in Buffalo. It wasnt because of Ralph, but his people. Many of those people still employed at One Bills Drive.

Which was not unwise by the Pegulas, actually. When you acquire an organization, you tend to not slash-and-burn the existing management team, but rather see how they operate while you get familiar with your acquisition.

Unlike Ralph, though, Pegula has no particular loyalty to this management team.

too much smoke for there not to be a fire. This isn't new to One Bills Drive. Dysfunction has been here for decades.

yep. I mean lacanfora is kind of a clown but I roll my eyes at the Bills for the leaks when I see this crap... not at him. Edited by YoloinOhio

I will explain, but you will disagree.

The Bills were moving in a direction to give Wilson's trusted money guys in Overdorf, Littman, and Brandon more say in football matters, as Donahoe was ejected. An agreeable Marv Levy was coming in, trusted by Wilson, but incapable of the GM position. One of his roles was going to be to continue showing Russ Brandon the ropes on the football side. Mularkey saw the writing on the wall and direction the Bills were going in and didnt want his career to be attached to this. The result was 2 mediocre seasons, followed by a 6-peat for last place finishes.

I have no heartburn with what you described in 2004. The question is what did that have to do with 2014 under the Pegulas?

Yep. And we all have a strong suspicion Rex is done, so I'm not sure why he's being killed for that report. It was the proverbial fork, as La Canfora said.

Because LaCornflake just throws **** against the wall and hopes it sticks. And even when you suspect that this time the **** might actually stick, it doesn't change the basic fact that he's still just throwing **** against the wall.

There has been a leak to LaCanfora for years, before Whaley. He seems to always have a juicy rumor every couple years about the Bills.

But how many of those frequent rumors have been even remotely true?

I have no heartburn with what you described in 2004. The question is what did that have to do with 2014 under the Pegulas?

The same organizational management is in place, save Littman... and Wilson, but Brandon has been a proxy of Wilson's leadership.

I believe these folks work to preserve their positions and influence. Something was done to chase Polian away. When threats start to form, we see these games happen through 'leaks' in the media and blame. Marrone had documented spats with Bills management that was described as 'new' vs 'lifers'.