Source: Anthony Lynn a potential candidate for Rams HC

YoloinOhio

On a semi side note, if you have never seen the A Football Life on Bruce Arians, I suggest watching it to get an idea of the politics that goes into coaching searches in the NFL.

Lynn, IMO, is a "candidate" because his agent wants him to be a candidate. It's no different than Schefter propping up Marrone.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were the owner for LA (Kroenke?), and needing to make a splash, I would offer Belichick 15M a yearfor 5 years and give him total autonomy.

Seriously why would Belichick ever leave Foxboro? He'd have to move all that surveillance equipment cross country.

I don't get all the love for Lynn. I'd like to know what he has done to receive such high praise? He was a RB coach and just promoted during the season to OC, and I think he's been average at best. He's called some good games but there have been several head scratchers. The guy hasn't even proved himself as a coordinator. Sorry, I believe a big part of why he's getting HC interviews is because of the Rooney rule. Not saying he can't be a good OC if given more time, but all this talk about him as HC makes no sense to me.

Worked for some relatively big names... parcells and del rio for one. I'm sure most if not all of these guys have spoken rather highly of him.

He has total autonomy and Kraft would never be outbid.

No one even know's what he makes right now...

@matthewfairburn

Bills OC Anthony Lynn isn't a fan of the Rooney Rule. Said he won't go to an interview if he's the first minority interview.

Lynn:'Hire the best man for the job'

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/buffalo_bills_oc_anthony_lynn_on_rooney_rule_hire_the_best_man_for_the_job.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

Worked for some relatively big names... parcells and del rio for one. I'm sure most if not all of these guys have spoken rather highly of him.

No one even know's what he makes right now...

Kraft and BB know. Zero chance Kraft would let him go.

@matthewfairburn

Bills OC Anthony Lynn isn't a fan of the Rooney Rule. Said he won't go to an interview if he's the first minority interview.

Lynn:'Hire the best man for the job'

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/buffalo_bills_oc_anthony_lynn_on_rooney_rule_hire_the_best_man_for_the_job.html

Guess he won't half to be checking his phone...

Good. I think he is VERY overrated. He refuses to call plays to open up the Defense. 1 maybe 2 shots deep downfield to start games and people have to respect the speed on the outside. This would open up the run game even more. He also tries to get way to clever in the plays. I remember having a party at my house and telling everyone as it was 1st and goal on the 2 yard line against Cincy watch we will run like a reverse flea flicker. That didnt happen but it was almost as ridiculous. Which set up a 2nd and very long. Then we kicked a FG

Why? He's been a RB'ing coach the last 15 years and only got elevated to OC after Roman was fired.

He's the type thought to be a leader of men not a play caller. There's something to be said for your head coach not being a glorified coordinator

Why do you consider him an obvious choice? What do you like about Lynn?

You're right, resume is thin to be an obvious candidate, shouldn't have used that word. But I'd say that it doesn't surprise me if the rumor was true and he was under consideration. He's done well here and in NY with the teams' running games. If I had to guess, LA will nab a much bigger fish though to make a splash, and they won't have any shortage of suitors given their market.

I respect him for what he said today. I wouldn't want to be interviewed just to fulfill a quota either. I don't blame him for wanting to know if he's being seriously considered before investing the time and energy into preparing for that type of interview.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Good. I think he is VERY overrated. He refuses to call plays to open up the Defense. 1 maybe 2 shots deep downfield to start games and people have to respect the speed on the outside. This would open up the run game even more. He also tries to get way to clever in the plays. I remember having a party at my house and telling everyone as it was 1st and goal on the 2 yard line against Cincy watch we will run like a reverse flea flicker. That didnt happen but it was almost as ridiculous. Which set up a 2nd and very long. Then we kicked a FG

Not if we don't complete the passes. This is such a simplistic view of running offenses, fans have said this for years. What happens when we start running, will the defense all drop back into the secondary?

Why?

What in your mind makes him a good coach, other than because he found a way to use McCoy, unlike his predecessor?

We're dead last in the league in passing. Dead last. That's not all Taylor.

He comes up with some good run games but I've seen very few complete game plans out of him other than Seattle, which we lost.

Oh hell no

We need to get Rex out and Lynn in asap

Why?

What in your mind makes him a good coach, other than because he found a way to use McCoy, unlike his predecessor?

We're dead last in the league in passing. Dead last. That's not all Taylor.

He comes up with some good run games but I've seen very few complete game plans out of him other than Seattle, which we lost.

I agree. It makes me wonder if Lynn isn't part of the reason Tyrod has regressed this season.