Source: Anthony Lynn a potential candidate for Rams HC

YoloinOhio

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn had a couple of HC interviews last year and the thing that was said to put teams off was he hadn't called plays. He is going to get looks I have been saying this for weeks. I'd be surprised if it is LA. I think they will go for the biggest name they can attract - don't rule Mike Shanahan out of the running for that job if the more obvious names are not available.

Lynn had a couple of HC interviews last year and the thing that was said to put teams off was he hadn't called plays. He is going to get looks I have been saying this for weeks. I'd be surprised if it is LA. I think they will go for the biggest name they can attract - don't rule Mike Shanahan out of the running for that job if the more obvious names are not available.

agree. If he's well connected (he is) and well thought of as having HC traits to be able to lead a team, he will continue to get interviews. He can hire coordinators. Mike McCarthy had a terrible offense in SF when GB hired him. lynn may be a better HC than OC.

I'd be kinda pissed if I was a black coach...probably half the interview chances they get are teams that are just interviewing them to fulfill their obligations under the Rooney Rule and they have no intentions of hiring them.

That's some serious BS...

Also if the Bills are as enamored with him as it sounds, they may have to do what Tampa Bay did last year which was to fire the Rex and make him Head Coach so they don't lose him...

I agree. It makes me wonder if Lynn isn't part of the reason Tyrod has regressed this season.

I'll stand by that tyrod isn't that much worse. It's the same issues. It's not like he has new warts showing. I think we are just seeing a more consistent sample with him starting a full season, and likely defenses found a few things to key on.

As a player though, you look at his strengths and weaknesses and it's the same stuff year over year. Go back to the offseason and there was a small core that was pointing at the problems and saying we were hopeful he'd step up but that it wasn't a "gimme"

Edited by NoSaint