If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

The Browns, with two first-round picks and two second-round picks in the 2017 NFL draft, may be the team best suited to putting together a package that would pry Garoppolo out of New England.

I don't see the Bills outbidding the Browns.

Edited by ALF

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns, with two first-round picks and two second-round picks in the 2017 NFL draft, may be the team best suited to putting together a package that would pry Garoppolo out of New England.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/10/former-browns-patriots-exec-sees-a-garoppolo-trade-to-cleveland/related/

I don't see the Bills outbidding the Browns.

small paws http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jimmy-garoppolo?id=2543801

Believe nothing that comes from Lombardi or his friends in the media. He's just trying to create a market for Garoppolo. He has no idea what the Browns brass think of Garoppolo or what they'd give for him.

Exactly...just like Bledsoe...

Will he be another Cassell? System QB who plays like crap elsewhere outside the system?

It would be nothing like Bledsoe.

BB can smell the faintest scent of rot on player nearing the end of their usefulness. He put Bledsoe out to pasture, with the Bills help.

No! See Matt Cassell. My fear is BB can make anyone look great, players coaches, etc so would be very leery of selecting him. Maybe for a 3rd I'd take a gamble, but was also pointed out, one year left on his contract makes it a tough sell either way.

in fairness, Cassell was a 7th round pick who never played QB in college.

based on?

The history of everybody else who ever played the game. Most high end athletes are "obsessed by their health." Father time is undefeated. Brady will not play at a high level until 45. The drop off is always unexpected and almost always steep. It will hit him and sooner than he (or you) thinks.

True, but he did manage to win 11 games with him and Cassell made himself a ton of money with I think it was KC?

He didn't play QB in college?? didn't know that, what position did he play?

Cassell owes his first born to BB!!

in fairness, Cassell was a 7th round pick who never played QB in college.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Father time. What is your basis that he's going to play until 45? Because he said so? LOL!

because he goes above and beyond taking care of himself and has access to things we have no idea about.

"Every bit of Tom Brady’s day is pre-planned. His days are mapped out for not just months, but for years. Sports Illustrated published an in-depth story Thursday on how Brady’s meticulous lifestyle has helped the 37-year-old quarterback maintain his momentum for 15 seasons. Alex Guerrero, Brady’s body coach and business partner, told SI that everything Brady does, from his workouts, to vacation days, to his sleep schedule, is “calculated”.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/12/12/tom-brady-meticulous-health-regimen-revealed-article/4VpDoru88XQj7FxpKIQwIK/story.html

The history of everybody else who ever played the game. Most high end athletes are "obsessed by their health." Father time is undefeated. Brady will not play at a high level until 45. The drop off is always unexpected and almost always steep. It will hit him and sooner than he (or you) thinks.

As long as he doesn't have a catastrophic injury he will be fine. That is what happened to Manning who was great till he had that leg injury which effected his ability to throw.

I know as a weight lifter your strength just doesn't fall off and in fact at age 45 I'm stronger than ever and that is after fracturing my spine last October. The idea that he will just fall off a cliff is not likely, something injury wise causes this to happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/10/former-browns-patriots-exec-sees-a-garoppolo-trade-to-cleveland/related/

Yes and a 2nd. Granted it's only been 3 games but I like what I see from Jeneane.

Not a chance he is available, not one chance.

Would it be smart to trade for him, sure, would also be smart to trade for Aaron Rodgers, but he won't be available. And if he was, then i would be very suspicious as to why because Brady may be Brady still, but Father Time is undefeated and no one knows how much time he has left. Peyton took an abrupt turn from good to bad. Even if his skill doesn't go away first, at his age, injuries become a higher risk too. So I can't see why NE would trade their current heir apparent who looked the part in his opportunities this year to a divisional rival when Brady is at the very near end of his career which could be in next one to 2 years most likely.

because he goes above and beyond taking care of himself and has access to things we have no idea about.

"Every bit of Tom Brady’s day is pre-planned. His days are mapped out for not just months, but for years. Sports Illustrated published an in-depth story Thursday on how Brady’s meticulous lifestyle has helped the 37-year-old quarterback maintain his momentum for 15 seasons. Alex Guerrero, Brady’s body coach and business partner, told SI that everything Brady does, from his workouts, to vacation days, to his sleep schedule, is “calculated”.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/12/12/tom-brady-meticulous-health-regimen-revealed-article/4VpDoru88XQj7FxpKIQwIK/story.html

As long as he doesn't have a catastrophic injury he will be fine. That is what happened to Manning who was great till he had that leg injury which effected his ability to throw.

I know as a weight lifter your strength just doesn't fall off and in fact at age 45 I'm stronger than ever and that is after fracturing my spine last October. The idea that he will just fall off a cliff is not likely, something injury wise causes this to happen.

Weight training and strength are not remotely close to the abuse NFL players take on a weekly basis, especially to the stabilizing tendons which are the highest risk to injury. Hurting the Bicep, tricep, Pec, etc isn't the concern in football...its the ACL, MCL, Achilles, Rotator Cuff, etc that are the career threatening injuries and it doesn't matter how strong you are, they are still vulnerable.

So much respect to weight training in your 40's, but it isn't going to translate to Tom's career. Especially since a guy like Tom isn't basing his play on power lifting, its the explosiveness he can create with his motion that creates arm strength, which again has more to do with his tendons than power lifting.

Its just unrealistic to expect Tom to play at a high level well into his 40's. especially his mid 40's. Anything is possible, but if you are the Pats are you going to trade away his current heir replacement on the very low odds he does what has not really been done before? I wouldn't.

You can't reverse the damage that has already been done.