Price you would pay for Romo

GoBills!

First, shot! I'd do everything we could to bring in Chad Kelly and get Jimbo involved in his development.

Second, . I'd give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for MCarron.

Third, I'd swap a 3rd/4th for Glennon.

Fourth option, and a last shot if no one else is available: I'd give up a 4th for Romo and pay him on an incentive based 2 yr deal.

hes a rock head...and has proven it over and over

i like the Glennon trade

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumbest idea ever to get an over the hill QB. Romo will be 37 next year and hasn't been a durable QB. A QB with back problems in the cold Buffalo weather? No way.

This reminds me of 2002 when we went out and acquired Bledsoe who was just 30. Now you want to get a 37 year old Romo? Horrible idea.

I'd be willing to trade a 2nd round pick if he really wanted to play another 2 years.

As far as money, well we were willing to give Tyrod $27.5M in cash next year, and another $13M in cash in '18. That's 2 years - $40.5M

so

considering Romo is a much better QB than Tyrod I'd be fine with a deal that looked like 2 years - $40M. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt and we probably tank and at least have a shot at a good QB in the draft with a high draft pick. If he stays healthy, we're likely a Wild Card playoff team.

These posts about Romo crack me up. He'd completely kill the salary cap, assuming he can stay healthy. he's getting close to 20 mil a season. He's not worth the players that would have to be unloaded to free up the space.

Incorrect. Dallas is the one on the hook for the amortized signing bonuses and restructure bonuses.

If the Bills assumed his current contract they's owe him:

$14M in '17

$19.5M in '18

$20.5M in '19

So Romo's next 2 years at $33.5M total would be a relative bargain considering Tyrod would make $40.5M over those same 2 years. I'll take Romo and an additional $7M in cash to spend elsewhere on the roster 10 times out of 10 over Tyrod, a QB who I'm certain will never lead this team to the playoffs.

I'd be willing to trade a 2nd round pick if he really wanted to play another 2 years.

As far as money, well we were willing to give Tyrod $27.5M in cash next year, and another $13M in cash in '18. That's 2 years - $40.5M

so

considering Romo is a much better QB than Tyrod I'd be fine with a deal that looked like 2 years - $40M. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt and we probably tank and at least have a shot at a good QB in the draft with a high draft pick. If he stays healthy, we're likely a Wild Card playoff team.

Incorrect. Dallas is the one on the hook for the amortized signing bonuses and restructure bonuses.

If the Bills assumed his current contract they's owe him:

$14M in '17

$19.5M in '18

$20.5M in '19

So Romo's next 2 years at $33.5M total would be a relative bargain considering Tyrod would make $40.5M over those same 2 years. I'll take Romo and an additional $7M in cash to spend elsewhere on the roster 10 times out of 10 over Tyrod, a QB who I'm certain will never lead this team to the playoffs.

Romo once WAS a better QB than Tyrod.

If they gave up a highdraft pick, I would expect it to go down as one of the worst decisions in Bills history, just because of the expectations that would be generated around it.

I can't see him making it through half a season (on the outside).

Edited by HoF Watkins

What are you willing to pay for Tony Romo next season assuming he is let go or is open to a contract revise. The man is a great QB, clearly way ahead of Tyrod but more injury prone he may have 2-3 quality seasons left in him behind a decent line.

What would you trade for him?

What would you pay for him if he hit the open market?

Besides the obvious injury factor folks have already highlighted, my question is how would Tony do playing in the weather of Buffalo. He's been in sunny, warm Dallas his whole career - a place where the wind & cold are not a factor. I would fully expect the cold and wind to mess with him and bring down his productivity. Yes, I know he has played in Philly, and NY, and Green Bay, but that's just 2-3 games a year and how productive was he there(I don't know the answer). Playing half his games in an outdoor, windy stadium will make a difference.