Shaq Lawson Will Start vs. the Steelers on Sunday

Dude has looked invisible to me. It's still early, but to me, he hasn't lived up to the hype yet. So far, the 2016 draft class has been very meh. Definite potential, but when 2 of 7 are out the whole year, and your top pick is out half the season, it's tough to have a good feel for the draft class.

Then you're not watching him.

Starting is meaningless, we substitute so frequently.

Just use a few of your 35 snaps to get to big ben or disrupt a couple plays in the backfield.

Shaq missed his entire training camp and preseason, where he is right now developmentally is probably about week 2 of the preseason.

exactly. And I think he's looked solid given this.

@JoeBuscaglia

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Mike Rodak

Shaq played an awfully impressive game against Oakland. His best yet by far. Showed speed and made Donald Penn look silly on one play.

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan told the team's official radio program this week that OLB Shaq Lawson will start Sunday against the Steelers.

It will could be as simple as their 1st round Rookie is earning more time and playing great when he gets his chances

Yeah because a DE running down an WR on a revers with a very flat angle is the definition of a bit slow and unathletic

It will could be as simple as their 1st round Rookie is earning more time and playing great when he gets his chances

Yeah because a DE running down an WR on a revers with a very flat angle is the definition of a bit slow and unathletic

I wasn't talking about him running down receivers. I was talking about him containing the edge against running backs and QBS. He couldn't contain Bortles if his life depended on it. He got burnt so many times

I wasn't talking about him running down receivers. I was talking about him containing the edge against running backs and QBS. He couldn't contain Bortles if his life depended on it. He got burnt so many times

And that was how many games come back from INJ.

See his Speed against Penn and Raiders?

And that was how many games come back from INJ.

See his Speed against Penn and Raiders?

He played better last week but still did not contain on a few runs that went 15-20 yards. Can't have that in the NFL. He is still young and learning I understand that, just expected a bit more so far I guess is what I am saying

In the interest of fairness, not all good.

@Cover1Bills

Shaq appears to lose contain.Look would allow Preston to be clean if run to weak side. The bend back by Murray allows Hudson to get on PB

https://twitter.com/Cover1Bills/status/806543655012077568

What is interesting about that his how he crashed the inside gap and the DT backed up. Looked like it was a TED twist that never materialized

He played better last week but still did not contain on a few runs that went 15-20 yards. Can't have that in the NFL. He is still young and learning I understand that, just expected a bit more so far I guess is what I am saying

Well maybe should it hve expected more from a guy that had Zero Offseason, Zero Preseason in one of the more complex defenses and has been back for a couple weeks

He got "Penned" inside on that one.

Looked an awful like a blown up stunt to me

It really does tickle me how much he's disliked. Literally been the best DB on the field since the NE game.

He maybe playing better, but the poster is absolutely correct about him not tackling.

He has no clue how to, or is afraid to wrap up ball carriers!

He maybe playing better, but the poster is absolutely correct about him not tackling.

He has no clue how to, or is afraid to wrap up ball carriers!

His technique has always been woeful, no doubt. Just last year, many were critical about him being too aggressive and reckless in the tackle.

This year, the mantra has been that he won't tackle. There's been plenty of evidence to the contrary in the past few weeks and yet, it's glossed over for some reason. If you're going to call him out for not doing something, it's only fair to recognise when he does it. At least that seems logical to me.

Then you're not watching him.

Ive watched him crash inside when his responsibility was to set the edge a handful of times. Granted 5 or so bad plays does not a bad pick make but it's frustrating to see him make the same mistake time and time again.

Other than those mistakes he's been ok. Not great but not bad for a guy who missed all of training camp his rookie year.

Ive watched him crash inside when his responsibility was to set the edge a handful of times. Granted 5 or so bad plays does not a bad pick make but it's frustrating to see him make the same mistake time and time again.

Other than those mistakes he's been ok. Not great but not bad for a guy who missed all of training camp his rookie year.

but should he be starting ?

I realize it is figurative in it own way.

And reps will tell the tale.

But Lorenzo was killing it, to talk about him focusing on STs is silly to me

I want the smart vet on the field unless its to pass rush at this point in time. Next year he can start. He could still get plenty of reps.

Can you tell i do not care for this announcement?

Edited by 3rdand12

I've seen the same thing, but he'll correct that with greater experience I have to believe. Bortles was killing the Bills when he did it.

Hughes has been doing the same crap. Usually in the red zone too. LACK DISCIPLINE!!!

but should he be starting ?

I realize it is figurative in it own way.

And reps will tell the tale.

But Lorenzo was killing it, to talk about him focusing on STs is silly to me

I want the smart vet on the field unless its to pass rush at this point in time. Next year he can start. He could still get plenty of reps.

Can you tell i do not care for this announcement?

I don't know. I have to believe part of the reason he's starting is because he's young and fresh after missing half the season while Alexander may very well be hitting the wall after getting more work this year than he's ever gotten before.

I just have to trust the the coaching staff knows where their players are in terms of freshness and knowledge of the D.

MDH I am not saying your right or wrong...only from our fans view we dont have any idea what the actuall play call was.....

Rex disquises his schemes.....some times to the point of lunacy

MDH I am not saying your right or wrong...only from our fans view we dont have any idea what the actuall play call was.....

Rex disquises his schemes.....some times to the point of lunacy

I think Rex only disguises his schemes to the defense.