Shaq Lawson Will Start vs. the Steelers on Sunday

Can't say i have been too impressed with him so far. It's hard to tell in rex's defences on what respnsilbities each player has, but to me he just looks a bit slow. Granted I am sure being out for half the year didn't help

Rex's scheme is bad is hard to tell who's any good these days. That said I'm so scarred as a Bills fan that I worry about the guy being "Maybinian". Undersized speed guys in the NFL concern me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex's scheme is bad is hard to tell who's any good these days. That said I'm so scarred as a Bills fan that I worry about the guy being "Maybinian". Undersized speed guys in the NFL concern me.

"Undersized"? :blink:

He'll be fine out there. Nice athlete. Good pick. will do well with Rex D or more standard D. So all good. Looking forward to seeing Reggie Ragland as well. Listenbee as well. Be nice to see if the draft was any good this year. They all got hurt. Seymour missed half the season, Shaq missed half the season. Ragland, Listenbee all year. Ridiculous.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

So much wrong in this post.

I wrote quickly and didn't specify. My bad. I said "scarred" by Maybin as a Bills fan so that means anytime I don't like what I see I instantly get a bit nervous. I also mean that he played end at Clemson he would be undersized at that position in the NFL. This means he has to learn playing a linebacker position in the 3-4. Not always as simple as everyone thinks. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I wrote quickly and didn't specify. My bad. I said "scarred" by Maybin as a Bills fan so that means anytime I don't like what I see I instantly get a bit nervous. I also mean that he played end at Clemson he would be undersized at that position in the NFL. This means he has to learn playing a linebacker position in the 3-4. Not always as simple as everyone thinks.

You seem like a nice guy but you're just wrong on this information. He's the type of player suited for a 3-4 or 4-3, now that's not as simple as everyone thinks.

He'll be fine out there. Nice athlete. Good pick. will do well with Rex D or more standard D. So all good. Looking forward to seeing Reggie Ragland as well. Listenbee as well. Be nice to see if the draft was any good this year. They all got hurt. Seymour missed half the season, Shaq missed half the season. Ragland, Listenbee all year. Ridiculous.

Thats just the rookies too... SMH

For a first round pick, Shaq has underwhelmed. Let's hope this was all injury related and he's not the next Maybin.

Since stepping into the lineup in Week 8, Lawson has posted nine tackles, two sacks, three quarterback hits and three tackles for loss.

“They put me in a lot of positions to make plays,” Lawson said. “Standing up, hand on the ground, playing the five (technique), playing true outside linebacker. I feel great in this defense.”

Not too shabby IMO.

Starting is meaningless, we substitute so frequently.

Just use a few of your 35 snaps to get to big ben or disrupt a couple plays in the backfield.

Shaq missed his entire training camp and preseason, where he is right now developmentally is probably about week 2 of the preseason.

I wrote quickly and didn't specify. My bad. I said "scarred" by Maybin as a Bills fan so that means anytime I don't like what I see I instantly get a bit nervous. I also mean that he played end at Clemson he would be undersized at that position in the NFL. This means he has to learn playing a linebacker position in the 3-4. Not always as simple as everyone thinks.

He would not even be close to being undersized as a 4-3 DE in NFL

Not too shabby IMO.

Dude has looked invisible to me. It's still early, but to me, he hasn't lived up to the hype yet. So far, the 2016 draft class has been very meh. Definite potential, but when 2 of 7 are out the whole year, and your top pick is out half the season, it's tough to have a good feel for the draft class.

From my eye.....I see Shaq Lawson making plays every game......not every play is gonna show up on stat sheet from his position.

This is from a guy that had surgery this year and not training camp or pre season.

Dude has looked invisible to me. It's still early, but to me, he hasn't lived up to the hype yet. So far, the 2016 draft class has been very meh. Definite potential, but when 2 of 7 are out the whole year, and your top pick is out half the season, it's tough to have a good feel for the draft class.

What exactly where you expecting?

For a first round pick, Shaq has underwhelmed. Let's hope this was all injury related and he's not the next Maybin.

OMG so hot with this this take

From my eye.....I see Shaq Lawson making plays every game......not every play is gonna show up on stat sheet from his position.

This is from a guy that had surgery this year and not training camp or pre season.

What exactly where you expecting?

Guess 18 sacks his rookie yearb