Bold moves require bold thinking.

As I watched this Raiders game with my 31 year old son. Dan Fouts said on TV Tyrod Taylor has never thrown for 300 yards in a NFL game. My son said to me hey dad this is not the 1970's anymore. I laughed and said but Tyrod already has like 110 yards in the first quarter. He said you want to bet Tyrod won't make it to even 250 yards. The Bills need a QB that can make some real throws. Look I like Tyrod but let's face it. He holds the ball the longest of any starting QB in the NFL. He really will not throw it unless his receivers are wide open. He has no anticipation skills what so ever. With all that being said he does some things well and he is a hard worker. But if I'm being honest with myself the best QB on this Bills Roster is Cardale Jones. He has the body frame, height and the arm to make the tight throws with anticipation. If I'm Rex he needs to be honest to the team. Having Tyrod miss or not see wide open recievers is embarrassing. Tyrod does a lot of good out there but the Bills are not going to make it to the playoffs with Tyrod playing QB like he is. I know many of you will say how could Cardale Jones be better then Tyrod right now. Well it's just a gut feel and it's based on Cardale Jones reaction to what he did for Ohio State when pressed into duty. It's a bold move alright and maybe its's one you do because that's what being a head coach is all about. You don't get any where in life with out taking chances. Better to try and fail then to not try at all. Honestly ask your self right now at this moment who will have the better NFL career at QB. In my opinion it will be Cardale Jones. Bold moves need to be taken here if your being honest to the rest of the team. Tyrod is not good enough. This is not intermeral football it's the NFL and if your not preforming well enough, it's time for you to be replaced. So yes Tyrod is not playing well enough to win the last 4 games. We seen what E J Manual is. Let's get bold here and do what I think everyone's gut knows is the right thing to do. Put Cardale Jones in. Now when Greg Roman was not doing a good job they replaced him.

When the Vikings offensive coordinator was not doing his job they replaced him and he won Superbowls with the Cowboys.

The NFL is not about what you have done it's about what your going to do. Bold moves require bold thinking.

so the bold move is to throw a guy who hasn't taken a snap in the league yet, has he even dressed for a game? That's the bold move.

OK, sure, losing our next 4 games will land us another top 10 pick and I'm sure we can draft a CB.

I don't know where Cardale is as far as being ready to start but we have seen what Tyrod brings and it's .500 football. I have seen enough .500 football for the rest of my life. Does Rex have the nads to make that change? We will see.

so the bold move is to throw a guy who hasn't taken a snap in the league yet, has he even dressed for a game? That's the bold move.

Especially if we're Honest.. "Honestly ask your self right now at this moment who will have the better NFL career at QB. In my opinion it will be Cardale Jones."

Yeesh! :doh:

Cardalle Jones has some serious accuracy issues, even compared to TT or EJ. He had them at OSU, he had them in the camp, and he had them in the pre-season games. I don't think they have magically resolved themselves. What made him have a good run at OSU for a handful of games was the fact that defenses were keying on stopping Elliot and WRs were getting wide open. Regardless, he often still under threw them and over threw them, but the WRs made great plays. Add to that the fact that he was able to use his legs a bit at the college level. Unfortunately, he's not fast enough to do that effectively in the NFL in my opinion. I don't think he will never be a successful NFL QB. Sorry to say.

It is not Tyrod's lack of accuracy that bothers me most. It is his unwillingness to take risks. There was one specific play yesterday where sammy was on the right side of the field and completely beat his defender but Tyrod never even looked in his direction. Why isnt he going through his progressions. He makes should-be simple catches into acrobatic affairs (a la the dump off to shady that he had to make a spectacular one handed catch). His receivers are beginning to not believe in him. It is evident in their body language. It does not matter who our receivers are, we can make this assesment on tyrod.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

My prediction is that the Stealers will crush us and then we will win the remaining 3 games. I'd still like to see what EJ can do.

I agree with this - There's no way that Tryhard is a legit franchise QB. We're pretty sure that EJ isn't either, but if caretaker .500 QB is all we have right now then let's not pay TT all that money. I'm p.sure EJ can keep us at .500 for another year or two and let us draft QBs, and develop Caradalle, until we have a legit QB. I really wanted TT to be the man, but it seems like he's another in a long line of guys that wont get us any better than 9-7 and can't beat winning teams

I agree with the OP. One more loss (or out of hand game) and it wouldn't hurt to get Cardale on the field. I'd avoid throwing him out there if he's not at all ready or if we are up against a tough defense though. Get him some experience and see what we've got to work with.

I see all points of view with this discussion, but Cradale Jones is a prototype QB, if the Cowboys can start a 3rd round rookie draft pick Dak Presscott who did not have glowing pre-draft reports on him then the Bills can start there 4th round rookie draft pick Cardale Jones. This guy is not chop liver, He would play well with all the Bills starters instead of 3rd and 4 string players in the preseason. Look what happen when he started with the 1st string players at Ohio State. They won the National Championship. What do we have to loose at this point. We know Taylor will just continue to hold the ball and hold the ball and not take any chances, unless his receivers are wide open. What ever happen to throwing the ball before the receiver makes his cut. How about throwing over the middle. I think the BILLS O-LINE IS PRETTY AMAZING, TAYLOR HOLDS THE BALL LONGER THEN ANY STARTER IN THE NFL. Taylor is pretty good but he can not carry you when the other team knows he is in must pass mode. We need a tall QB with large body that can make those tight window throws and throw with anticipation. That is what Cardale Jones is and he is also good at taking off and running when he has too based on his QB play at Ohio State. Hey guys bold moves require guts and bold thinking. After we loose to Pittsburgh it will be time to do this move. It's too bad REX and are GM don't have the guts to do it now for the Steelers game.

Especially if we're Honest.. "Honestly ask your self right now at this moment who will have the better NFL career at QB. In my opinion it will be Cardale Jones."

Yeesh! :doh:

Interesting how many people still believe in unicorns.

Chandler#81 **** I will hang on to my Unicorn and your comment and you will hear back from me in the future, I won't forget your comment. Just be prepared to say you were wrong on this forum in the future. Cardale Jones will throw for 300 yards long before Tyrod ever does. Taylor has 26 starts in the NFL and has not done it yet. Time will tell, but my eyes see a pretty good Starting QB in Cardale Jones. He just needs a opportunity like 3rd draft pick Dak Prescott got in Dallas.

I see all points of view with this discussion, but Cradale Jones is a prototype QB, if the Cowboys can start a 3rd round rookie draft pick Dak Presscott who did not have glowing pre-draft reports on him then the Bills can start there 4th round rookie draft pick Cardale Jones. This guy is not chop liver, He would play well with all the Bills starters instead of 3rd and 4 string players in the preseason. Look what happen when he started with the 1st string players at Ohio State. They won the National Championship. What do we have to loose at this point. We know Taylor will just continue to hold the ball and hold the ball and not take any chances, unless his receivers are wide open. What ever happen to throwing the ball before the receiver makes his cut. How about throwing over the middle. I think the BILLS O-LINE IS PRETTY AMAZING, TAYLOR HOLDS THE BALL LONGER THEN ANY STARTER IN THE NFL. Taylor is pretty good but he can not carry you when the other team knows he is in must pass mode. We need a tall QB with large body that can make those tight window throws and throw with anticipation. That is what Cardale Jones is and he is also good at taking off and running when he has too based on his QB play at Ohio State. Hey guys bold moves require guts and bold thinking. After we loose to Pittsburgh it will be time to do this move. It's too bad REX and are GM don't have the guts to do it now for the Steelers game.

It only bolsters your argument, but Dak was a 4th round QB...

ok I stand corrected I thought he was 3rd round. Anyways it just proves my point if Dallas can start a 4th round Rookie QB, then so can the Bills.

What exactly has TT done that is supposed to convince us that he's indispensable? Has he beat a winning team yet? Has he head a come from behind victory? If anything, i bet he leads the league in games lost after leading

ok I stand corrected I thought he was 3rd round. Anyways it just proves my point if Dallas can start a 4th round Rookie QB, then so can the Bills.

Jobs hopefully are on the line and there's no way Rex or Whaley play the guy who hasn't dressed since the pre-season in any of these games. They also can't show anything less than loyalty to the QB who A) Rex pushed for in 2015 and B) the guy Whaley gave this contract to.

Put yourself in Whaley and Rex's shoes: if they go 8-8 there's a shot they return. Starting Cardale or EJM make it likely they're no better than 7-9. And that's a regression in the W-L column from last season.

It is not Tyrod's lack of accuracy that bothers me most. It is his unwillingness to take risks. There was one specific play yesterday where sammy was on the right side of the field and completely beat his defender but Tyrod never even looked in his direction. Why isnt he going through his progressions. He makes should-be simple catches into acrobatic affairs (a la the dump off to shady that he had to make a spectacular one handed catch). His receivers are beginning to not believe in him. It is evident in their body language. It does not matter who our receivers are, we can make this assesment on tyrod.

It's actually three things that Tyrod has demonstrated that tells me he is just a good back-up QB, the accuracy, the unwillingness to take take a chance that you cite and finally his inability to spot wide-open receivers. Sammy Watkins disgust couldn't have been anymore obvious.

It's actually three things that Tyrod has demonstrated that tells me he is just a good back-up QB, the accuracy, the unwillingness to take take a chance that you cite and finally his inability to spot wide-open receivers. Sammy Watkins disgust couldn't have been anymore obvious.

I didn't use to agree. I was in the wait-and-see camp.

But I agree now. I don't think TT will ever take the leap. His shortcomings remain his shortcomings and he will probably never overcome them.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Tyrod has started 26 games he is who he is. He is in his mid to late 20's and he will not change 6 years in the NFL. There is more to playing QB then throwing. Playing QB takes having your mind correct and clear. if you have to wait to see where to throw it your doing something wrong. Taylor does not even see the field most of the time. He scans and waits until some ones open. That will not work in the long run and won't work when NFL teams know your in passing mode and you have to pass. What you see pre-snap and how you anticipate where to throw based on knowing all the receivers route patterns is what matters. All Taylor does is just wait to see if his receivers are wide open and then decides to throw it. Watch Brady or any real good QB play, they throw the ball even when there receiver is not open. Because they know what there receiver is about to do. You can't play QB like that in the NFL like what Tyrod is doing. Yes Tyrod has good qualities and he does stuff well. But when he is given ungodly amounts of time to throw and he still can't produce then there is something wrong. Let's get real here, it's time for Cardale Jones to have a chance.

It would have to come from Pegula but I couldn't agree now.

And here come the, " He'll be ruined" naysayers

We have enough talent to throw him in and get his feet wet without killing him.

TT absolutely can not be the starter next year!!!!!

And we know who EJ is though I would rather have him in than TT.

Risk?? Wan't that Fitz and he got ran out of town as well.

When does it end?

I would be fine with that. We aren't going to the playoffs and unless Whaley is a blithering idiot he isn't going to let Tyrod's bonus kick in for next season. What would be the point of letting him play the string out if it appears he is gone?

Rex should have sent a message to Tyrod about 4 or 5 games ago and benched him for EJ, for at least a series or two, but kept his 'we believe in Tyrod' schtick going. Maybe he feels he has to, because he loved the tell the story how he noticed him in Baltimore and was the one who pushed for us to get him. It appears he has hitched his wagon to him, come hell or high water.

I'm completely onboard with the premise of this thread and starting Cardale for the last 4 games. Buffalo's talent evaluators have to be drawing the same conclusions as most of the fan base, that being; we will never go far into the postseason with Tyrod, and we've seen his ceiling.

Therefore, start Cardale, and at least see if the game isn't too big for him, he has the makings of an NFL starter (command the huddle, not panicking, pre-snap reads and adjustments, throwing receivers open / before they're out of their breaks, etc.).

Unfortunately, I think that this is too progressive and "risky" for the knuckleheads that are making decisions at OBD. Maybe Terry will step in and mandate this?

Yes no balls at one bills drive front office. Rex grew a pair when he got rid of Roman after a couple of games. Does Rex have it in him to make the change now. If we win final 4 games we might get in. After the steelers game it will be to late to save our season.

I didn't use to agree. I was in the wait-and-see camp.

But I agree now. I don't think TT will ever take the leap. His shortcomings remain his shortcomings and he will probably never overcome them.

same here

Well, it is true that if Romo hadn't been hurt there'd be all kinds of speculation in Dallas on whether Prescott has what it takes to be his successor, or whether they need to go out and get someone else. Or even that Tom Brady would have kicked around the league a bit after watching Drew Bledsoe go 32-32 in Brady's first 4 years in the league if they hadn't been lucky enough to get Bledsoe hurt and then Wally Pipped. I guess you could say we've had the misfortune of having Tyrod make every start this year...

You are what your offensive stats say you are, last in passing or right at the bottom. 26 starts from Tyrod he is who we thought he is. Dynamic runner, good scrambler. Good long ball if the reciever is wide open. Not Acurate on mid to short route. No anticipation in

his throws. Will not take chances throwing to semi open receivers. He does not see the field well. Then what you get is almost dead last in passing yards. Like Denny Green and Bill Parcels says you are what your record and stats show you are.

For the love of God put in a real QB that can throw and anticipate

recievers coming out of the breaks. Cardale Jones would be that guy.

Yes no balls at one bills drive front office. Rex grew a pair when he got rid of Roman after a couple of games. Does Rex have it in him to make the change now. If we win final 4 games we might get in. After the steelers game it will be to late to save our season.

And that's exactly why you don't start Cardale Jones, who has never seen the field in an NFL game that mattered. That would only be done if the Bills were mathematically eliminated from playoffs and the Coach and GM felt secure in their jobs for next season. If there was an experienced vet on the roster ( no, not EJ) you might make a switch. Your best bet for THIS year is to stay with Tyrod and hope you can win three to get to week 17 with a chance.